The Hold Steady: STAY POSITIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constructive Summer is one of the best here.

The "Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer, I think he might have been our only decent teacher" line alone makes the album worthy of the money I spent on it. Beautiful.

I really like the title track as well, the "whoa oh oh"'s really make it catchy and fun.

I'll definitely need more time to get to know all the lyrics and tracks better. As everyone's said, it's not as immediate as the last two, but still enjoyable.

They're performing on Letterman tonight, apparently in a sketch as well.

Thanks for neither of you talking to me about any of my feelings.

*runs away from the thread forever*

So I know I've mentioned this part of the song before, but the end of Constructive Summer gives me chills every time I listen to it for some reason:

Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer
I think he might've been our only decent teacher
Getting older makes it harder to remember
We are our only saviors, we're gonna build something this summer

Yes, U2pm! Constructive Summer is one of the best new songs I've heard all year.

I love everything about it. That verse you quoted of course, the background screams of "Get Hammered!", and I love the line "Me and my friends are like..double whiskey coke no ice"

A perfect song.

Friday, August 1:
CBS: Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson: The Hold Steady

Yeah, that Don't Look Down series is nice. I remember seeing a really cool one for Okkervil a while back.

I'll be watching these videos once I'm done watching this damned 13 inning baseball game.

I helped make a new Hold Steady fan! Made a mix for a friend recently which he loved. Then he asks to borrow Stay Positive this past weekend. Comes into work raving about it today. And the legion grows.

Once they open for U2, suddenly everyone will act like they've been fans since day one (see Arcade Fire....)

:wink:

I sure as fuck won't.

debbie_downer.jpg

This is one of those bands I've been meaning to check out. I'm looking forward to seeing them open for Sonic Youth on Friday night.

They played 'Stay Positive', it was quite rocking. I'll post a link if I see it online anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom