The Flaming Lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yo Gabba Gabba.

I need to have kids so I can watch that show. Look up some clips from Youtube, The Shins, Of Montreal, Biz Markie, The Roots, etc. have all performed on there. I actually like The Shins song quite a bit...

Worm Mountain
Silver Trembling Hands
Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
In the Morning of the Magicians
Veins of Stars
Yoshimi Pt. 1
Pompeii Am Gotterdammerung
The W.A.N.D.
She Don't Use Jelly

Convinced of the Hex
Do You Realize?

Uhhhhhh kind of a short set there, no?

I actually forgot "Superman" in there (a teary eyed dedication to Mark Linkous), but still really short.

The new material sounded great. It was all fun, about what you'd expect from a Lips show. Just really disappointed in the length of the set. Stardeath weren't bad at all.

On paper, that does look pretty short. Regardless, still jealous.

I've liked every Startdeath song I've heard.

Well, this is a convenient time for a bump, as I'll be seeing them again on Wednesday night. Fourth time, woot!

You'll have me by one, then. I'll be praying they play more than 13 songs to you.

Flaming Lips + Stardeath performed Floyd's Breathe (aka Breath) on Jimmy Fallon last Friday. If you missed it, skip to the last dot on the below link:

Hulu - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Fri, Apr 16, 2010 - Watch the full episode now.

That ruled. And really made me wish that they would have just stayed and performed the next eight tracks from the album right then and there.

They should release a DVD of one of their full performances of Dark Side from this upcoming tour/whenever they're doing it. Are they just doing it at Bonnaroo or other dates?

You'll have me by one, then. I'll be praying they play more than 13 songs to you.

Me too, that was some bullshit for your show. Though the ticket was free, so I can't complain all that much if they don't, I guess.

I'll be seeing them next month, too, if all goes well.

Nice, will that be the popping of the live Lips cherry for you?

i wasn't into them when they came here last year. now i am. they played at Splendour in the Grass last year, and while this year it has a better line up, i wish they were playing it in 2010. i love Embryonic so i'd love the chance to see them in support of this album.

would anyone be able to tell me if they're playing any shows on the West coast between the 20th of June and 24th July? that's when i'm in the States.

I'll be there in a heartbeat if they're playing Seattle again. Or Portland. Maybe Vancouver, too.

P4210411.jpg

Yep, go ahead, be jealous.

Perhaps the wonderful rewards of that pass will cheer you up then, Scumbo?

There's a lot...so, be prepared.

P4210469.jpg

P4210477.jpg

P4210479.jpg

P4210486.jpg

P4210487.jpg

P4210488.jpg

P4210493.jpg

P4210497.jpg

P4210504.jpg

P4210510.jpg

P4210516.jpg

P4210517.jpg

Excellent stuff yet again.

Wow, great pictures!

That's gorgeous.

What was the set?

Thanks guys! Out of the concerts I've shot so far, the Lips were by far the most enjoyable and easiest to do, just because of the insanity of their lights show. Makes it a lot more conceivable to get decent pictures and an abundance of them (that's only about a third of the "really good to great" pictures I took).

And, LMP, I'm horrible about sets, but it was similar to this:

Worm Mountain
Silver Trembling Hands
Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
In the Morning of the Magicians
Veins of Stars
Yoshimi Pt. 1
Pompeii Am Gotterdammerung
The W.A.N.D.
She Don't Use Jelly

Convinced of the Hex
Do You Realize?

Except with "The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine," "See the Leaves," "Powerless," and "I Can Be a Frog" thrown into the main set and minus "Vein of Stars." "Convinced of the Hex" closed the main set instead too, and then they brought out Stardeath for the encore of "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse," with "Do You Realize?" closing the entire show, per usual.

Except with "The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine," "See the Leaves," "Powerless," and "I Can Be a Frog" thrown into the main set and minus "Vein of Stars." "Convinced of the Hex" closed the main set instead too, and then they brought out Stardeath for the encore of "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse," with "Do You Realize?" closing the entire show, per usual.

If I get a set that stellar, I'd be happy.

Back
Top Bottom