The Flaming Lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Embryonic on KEXP (commercial-free radio FTW!), and it sounded so familiar, I figure they must have played it on Friday.

At War with the Mystics is a far better album than I usually give it credit for. It's uneven, sure, but there are some really fantastic songs. "Pompeii am Götterdämmerung" is definitely one of my favorites. I also have this weird fascination with "Mr. Ambulance Driver" that is impossible to fully understand yet.

And, one more thing:

We're a precisely month away from Embryonic!

I prefer the shorter version of "Ambulance Driver" from the Wedding Crashers soundtrack, without the opening sirens.

But yeah, Mystics feels like a singles album, but the singles are mostly pretty damn good.

I prefer the shorter version of "Ambulance Driver" from the Wedding Crashers soundtrack, without the opening sirens.

But yeah, Mystics feels like a singles album, but the singles are mostly pretty damn good.

I don't think I've heard that version.

"Free Radicals" is also hot shit live.

Hell yeah it is. Did Wayne get everyone to yell "FUCK!" after the "fanatical..." part when you saw them? That was one of my favorite parts of the show, and to this day it makes me sad that it's not on the album version.

Fuck yeah. He only did it at the first show I saw, but I still remember it's awesomeness. Also, the mirrored lasers during "Vein of Stars" is potentially the most over-whelming spectacle I've ever seen, and that's including the confetti-fuck that happens at all their shows.

These Flamey Lip guys are on Colbert Wednesday.

Fuck yeah. Wayne has a big personality and Colbert has a big personality, and a lot of times when two people like that get together, it can be explosive. It's going to be a fantastic show.

Subtlety always was the show's strong suit. Now it's just got the absurd, jaw-dropping shocks, ratings-hungry factor going for it instead.

Yeah, the songs on Mystics are fine, they just don't fit together well. Or at all.

Back
Top Bottom