The Fifty Shuffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Alright, I'm bored so I'm going to do this game that I see on people's Facebook profiles from time to time. This might be stupid but I don't feel like doing much else right now.

Steps:
1. Open iTunes (or whatever your music program is)
2. Set your entire library to shuffle
3. Write down the first line from the first fifty (or whatever number you like) songs to play.
3a. Actual singing/rapping only. No shout-outs/skits/samples/chatter etc. unless they're integral to the song's lyrics.
4. Others will try to figure out what songs they are, no cheating (google)

Let's go. The really easy ones are usually shorter than what I consider to be the hard ones. If you manage to get one with an asterisk (I think those are more or less impossible sans Google), you get triple points and my eternal respect.

1. Look out any window, any morning, any evening, any day, maybe the sun is shining, birds are winging, no rain is falling from a heavy sky

*2. Yo, this is how I represent I rock the mic one hundred ten percent it's intimate I keeps the party movin' like an immigrant

3. Come on my friends, let's make for the hills, they say there's gold but I'm lookin' for thrills

4. Sixteenth of June, 9:05, doorbell rings, man at the door says if I wanna stay alive a bit longer there's three things I need you to know

5. Now here's a little story I got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well

*6. They don't know how old I am, they found armour in my belly, from a sixteenth-century conquistador I think

7. Picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies

8. La di da di, we like to party, we don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody

9. When you wake up in the morning and the light has hit your head, the first thing you do when you get up out of bed

10. My love is cruel as the night, she steals the sun and shuts out the light

11. Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay, her legs spread out before me as her body once did

12. I saw her today at the reception, a glass of wine in her hand

*13. Growing up in a biosphere, no respect for bad weather

14. Transmission, third world war, third round, a decade of the weapon of sound above ground

15. I know a girl, she's like the sea

16. With so much drama in the LBC it's kinda hard bein' Snoop D-O-double-G but, ah, somehow, some way, I keep comin' up with funky ass shit like every single day

17. This is it (what), luchini pourin' from the sky, let's get rich (what)

18. Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

*19. Titillation's been replaced by interstate, brick face, and coffeemate, and by a list of phone calls you'd like to make

20. Underneath the bridge, the tarp has sprung a leak, the animals I've trapped have all become my pets

21. You know what to do, you know what I did, since you know everything just clue me in

22. From father to son, the blood runs thin

23. We the people fight for our existence, we don't claim to be perfect but we're free

24. Southern man, better keep your head, don't forget what your good book says

*25. A man crossed the street, he don't move a muscle, though he's all covered in dust, if constitutions of granite can't save the planet, what's to become of us?

26. I left your house this morning, at a quarter after nine. Coulda been the Willie Nelson, coulda been the wine.

27. Knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone, yo, don't give him nothin' but a microphone

28. Into the distance, a ribbon of black, stretched to the point of no turning back, a flight of fancy on a windswept field, standing alone, my senses reeled

29. One for Charlie Hustle, two for steady rock, three for the forthcoming live future shock

30. Walking down this rocky road, wonderin' where my life is leading, rolling on to the bitter end

31. Interesting and sophisticated, refusing to be celebrated, it's a monumental big screen kiss, it's so deep it's meaningless

*32. The air was getting heavy, I knew that it was comin', so I started up the Chevy and kept the motor runnin'

33. Rosemary, Heaven restores you in light, coming with me, through the aging, the fearing, the strife

34. There are places I'll remember all my life, though some have changed, some forever, not for better, some are gone and some remain

*35. Hanging on, here until I'm gone, right where I belong, just hanging on

36. It's getting near dawn, when lights close their tired eyes, I'll soon be with you my love, to give you my dawn surprise

37. The breath of the morning, I keep forgetting the smell of the warm summer air

38. Alone in the clouds all blue, lying on an eiderdown, yippee, you can't see me but I can you

39. We got some thin, we both know it, we don't talk too much about it

40. Summer stretching on the grass, summer dresses pass

41. Check it, my weed smoke is my lye, a key of coke is a pie, when I'm lifted I'm high, with new clothes on I'm fly

*42. Come on teacher, teach me something, don't just fill my head with nothing, no no teacher, I'm still sitting in this desk, no I'm not quitting

43. You get to feel so guilty, got so much for so little

*44. There's holes up in the sky, the devil punched down to the monkeys, now we got drive thru and a video store where there used to be real live actors

45. People, people, gotta get over, before we go under

46. Here I stand, head in hand, turn my face to the wall

47. I like pleasure spiked with pain and music is my aeroplane, it's my aeroplane

48. Women think I'm tasty but they're always trying to waste me, and make me burn the candle down

49. Giant steps are what you take, walking on the moon

50. After all the jacks are in their boxes, and the clowns have all gone to bed, you can hear happiness staggering on down the street, footprints dressed in red

Some of these are never going to get an answer I think :lol:

50 is a lot! :lol:

#4 - U2 "Breathe"
#7 - Beatles "Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds"
#11 - Pearl Jam "Black
#12 - Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
#15 - U2 "No Line On the Horizon"
#18 - U2 "One"
#22 - U2 "Red Hill Mining Town"
#24 - Neil Young "Southern Man"
#34 - Beatles "In My Life"
#36 - Cream "Sunshine Of Your Love"
#40 - U2 "Staring At the Sun"
#43 - U2 "Gone"
#46 - Beatles "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"
#49 - Police "Walking On the Moon"

5 is Paul Revere by the Beasties
16 is Gin And Juice by Snoop
23 is Little By Little by Oasis
33 is some song by Interpol, don't know the title
37 is Subterranean Homesick Alien by Radiohead
47 is Aeroplane (?) by RHCP

Well, if I don't know the songs, I don't know the songs, and I'm not going to cheat by going to Google, so "try something a little more difficult" isn't a very helpful suggestion. ;)

#10 U2 "Slow Dancing" (or the Willie Nelson version of it)
#37 Radiohead "Subterranean Homesick Alien"
#39 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Refugee"

20 - Nirvana - 'Something in the Way' (AKA, children should not listen to this, as they'll turn to knife crime)

So far everyone's right, but what I really want to see is if someone pulls out one of the asterisk'ed tracks.

Alright, I'll give my own list a go. I know for sure that some of these aren't going to get named without google searches

1. If Coke is a mystery, Michael Jackson history

2. Mary, carry your babe, bound up tight like lips around a whimper

3. Blackbirds, slow and softly breaks a glass of wine

4. There's a man holding a megaphone he must've been the voice of God

5. Lost in a lullaby, side of the road, melt in a memory, slide in a solitude

6. My shadow side, so amplified, keeps coming back dissatisfied

7. Tough, you think you've got the stuff

8. Stars were falling deep in the darkness as prayers rose softly, petals at dawn

9. Tiredness fuels empty thoughts, I find myself disposed

10. Can't get the stink out, it's been hanging 'round for days

11. Come to decide that the things that I tried were in my life just to get high on

12. I'm too foggy today to know what you're sayin'

13. Wipe the makeup from your face, tie your hair and gently fall from grace

14. Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasies

15. We're jammin', I wanna jam it with you

16. I know you're about a mover, well I wanna move with you

17. Love rescue me, come forth and speak to me

18. Come see, I swear by now I'm playing time against my troubles

19. "I can't wait forever" is all that you said before you stood up

20. The boys from North Dakota, they drink whiskey for their fun

21. Help me I don't know what I'm doing, help me before I fall to ruin

22. I been thinking bout, thinking bout sex, always hungry for something that I haven't had yet

23. Cain got a milk-eyed mule from the auction, Abel got a telephone

24. Now what do you like the most about this, conflict, consequence, constant evidence

25. All is fair in love and we're in love, now that everybody's dead we can finally talk

26. God please bring the rain, yeah, bring it soon

27. If you're scared and it shows cause you're watching them grow and traveling blows when you're out of road

28. There's the moon asking to stay long enough for the clouds to fly to me away

29. Hello, is there anybody in there?

30. She was there at the bar, she heard my guitar, she was long and tall, she was the queen of them all

31. Looking back on my life you know that all I see is things I could've changed, I should've done

32. Black is a cast, two is a crowd

33. What grew and inside who, first so simple was the vow then the chorus sang about

34. Can you hear them, the helicopters? I'm in New York, no need for words now

35. Awake without warning, the black of the morning

36. You walk out on the high wire, you're a dancer on thin ice

37. You may not see the end of it, but luckily she comes around

38. The freaks will stay together, they're a tight old crew, you look at them and they look at you

39. You've been looking at me just a little too long, now I can never look the same

40. Getting crazy on the waltzers but it's the life that I choose

41. Got my finger on the trigger, but I don't know who to trust

42. I picked you out of a crowd and talked to you, I said I liked your shoes

43. Come on out child, we gonna ring doorbells and run

44. Where do we go, nobody knows, I've gotta say, I'm on my way down

45. All my saints have taken bribes, singing "going, going, gone"

46. Who are you to wave your finger, you must've been out your head

47. Though my body gets tired my mind does it no favors at all

48. There's a prison on Route 41, a home to my father, first cousin and son

49. Never thought I'd see her go away, she learned I loved her today

50. Ice-age heat wave, can't complain, if the world's at large, why should I remain?

Diemen, the only ones I knew were the "easy" ones (i.e., U2 songs). Here are the non-U2 ones I could pick out:

#10 - Radiohead "Just"
#14 - Police "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
#29 - Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb"

I guess those were easy ones, too.

1. U2 - The Playboy Mansion
7. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
11. RHCP - Snow ((Hey Oh))
15. Bob Marley & the Wailers - Jammin'
17. U2 - Love Rescue Me
18. Dave Matthews Band - #41
31. The Verve - This Time
41. Bruce Springsteen - Devils and Dust