The Decemberists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Chimbley Sweep, either. But I'll definitely keep that in mind.

If anyone picks up the live album today, or has "somehow" already heard it, please give impressions! The few reviews I've read weren't exactly glowing, but the sites I read them on aren't exactly trustworthy.

Decemberists live album? I'll need to get that soon for sure.

b18b0e98.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJVCdepPQ0

of course it doesn't fucking work in Australia :rant:

very excited though. hard to believe by the time the new one comes out it will have been four years since the last album, which I really really quite enjoyed.

listened to Castaways and Cutouts today. terrific album.

Finally got to the new song. Really like it. Very excited.

Cover

560e0d47.png

And a very Decemberists tracklist, albeit not including a song with a month in the title

01 The Singer Addresses His Audience
02 Cavalry Captain
03 Philomena
04 Make You Better
05 Lake Song
06 Till the Water is All Long Gone
07 The Wrong Year
08 Carolina Low
09 Better Not Wake The Baby
10 Anti-Summersong
11 Easy Come, Easy Go
12 Mistral

Hazards of Love was trash, but they rebounded nicely with The King is Dead. I expect this will be pretty damn good.

Hazards of Love was trash, but they rebounded nicely with The King is Dead. I expect this will be pretty damn good.

Hazards was way better than King is Dead. Hazards 4 was one of our wedding songs. King is Dead was too country tinged for me, and Down By the Water is an REM - One I Love re-write.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Same here. Like em both. King Is Dead is a lot tighter, but I probably listened to Hazards more in the year it was out than I did King Is Dead in its year.

I need to check out this single. This is definitely good news.

Listened to the album a couple weeks ago...another one of those albums where an established artist settles into a comfortable groove and doesn't really challenge themselves. It's solid, but there's no standouts.

Listened to the album a couple weeks ago...another one of those albums where an established artist settles into a comfortable groove and doesn't really challenge themselves. It's solid, but there's no standouts.

How did you hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh good, I can talk about it now:

I like it. It's pretty good. Not as good as the last, better than some that came before. They're growing on me. I think if I were to go back and listen to some of their older material again, I might change my opinion on them.

Ok, I didn't actually have much to say.

Back
Top Bottom