The Cure Survivor - Tier 3 Round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST favorie.

• Boys Don't Cry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jumping Someone Else's Train

• Underneath the Stars

• The Walk

• Charlotte Sometimes

• Burn

• This Twilight Garden

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Well, I forgot to vote in my own damn survivor last round :doh:

Looks like it didn't matter, though, someone made the choice I didn't want to and did "Let's Go To Bed" in. Along with "Halo", two songs bite the dust. 12 songs left. 6 Move on. This is getting exciting now.

They really having absolutely nothing to do with one another besides being the best of bad situations for the most part.

I gotta ask; are people voting for songs without actually listening to them? Because 2 Late is one of the most beautiful songs in The Cure's repetoire, a far better song than say, 10:15 or Want. I mean, if you sincerely don't like it, that's cool, but if you're just voting for it without actually listening to it (which I suspect people do, as is the pattern with these sorts of competitions) that sort of goes against the spirit of the whole competition.

I'm going to stop voting. All the songs left, I either really really like or don't know, and I'm currently immersed in catching up on 2012 listening. Sorry. Looking forward to tier 2.

I gotta ask; are people voting for songs without actually listening to them? Because 2 Late is one of the most beautiful songs in The Cure's repetoire, a far better song than say, 10:15 or Want. I mean, if you sincerely don't like it, that's cool, but if you're just voting for it without actually listening to it (which I suspect people do, as is the pattern with these sorts of competitions) that sort of goes against the spirit of the whole competition.

Well, I voted for 2 Late, and I can say that I have listened to Join the Dots all the way through several times. :wink:

It's probably on par with Want for me, but it is nowhere in the league of 10:15, which is a minimalist post-punk standard. Honestly 10:15 is likely one of my all-time favorite tracks from the band.

The fact that Mofo voted for "2 Late" last round as well is giving me a very sad feeling right now.

Well, I voted for 2 Late, and I can say that I have listened to Join the Dots all the way through several times. :wink:

It's probably on par with Want for me, but it is nowhere in the league of 10:15, which is a minimalist post-punk standard. Honestly 10:15 is likely one of my all-time favorite tracks from the band.

Okay, cool :wink:

I just know that voting for whatever song will save the one song you DO know is rife in these tournaments; a person need not be a hardcore fan (although it's nice!) but at least listen to the songs. :)

(I like 10:15 too, I just don't think it's better than some of the songs that have been voted off. It's definitely not my least favourite left in this round, though. :p )

I don't get the appeal of Want at all.

Great atmospheric intro and a memorable, catchy melody backed up by some really cool guitar playing.

The Lovecats or The Walk for me now, either way.

Back
Top Bottom