The Cure Survivor - Submit your Favorite B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Since we've come to conclusion it may be a waste of time to do ALL of Join the Dots and various leftovers, we've reached a sort of consensus opinion (three of us) to have you submit your five favorite non-album tracks by The Cure. You do not need to submit anything from Japanese Whispers, it will have its own round and three songs will move on.

I'll take the 15 or 20 from these submissions, depending on how many I get, and we'll do a traditional survivor poll to get about 8 songs (which is how many Join the Dots was going to get) to move on to the Tier 3 survivor.

So please, submit your top 5 songs from Join the Dots, the Extended editions of albums (I'll have the R.S. Home Demo of In Between Days on my list), or anything else that I may not know about (I suppose remixes are OK as well, go crazy!)

Please have these submitted by Next Sunday 12/16, so we can start the survivor on Monday :).

CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES
CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES
CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES
CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES
CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES

:reject: I don't know any other Cure songs not on Japanese Whispers

This is where my Cure knowledge falls down. Apart from Charlotte Sometimes, Splintered in Your Head, and three songs from Japanese Whispers, I don't think I know any Cure b-sides/non-album material. If I've heard them, it wasn't enough to make an impression anyway!

But if I can have one vote, it's for Charlotte Sometimes, a top fifteen Cure song for me.

I would recommend at the very least you look up the tracklisting from the B-Sides side of Standing on a Beach and listen to those, if not the first two discs of Join the Dots.

The two b-sides from In Between Days (The Exploding Boy and A Few Hours After This...) more than have my vote, along with Charlotte Sometimes and the In Between Days RS Home Demo. I just need one more.

I must admit I'm getting burnt out on checking out all of The Cure's material that I didn't already know, and it's starting to blur into one. It's hard to form an opinion strong enough to cast a worthwhile vote so quickly.

But I expect to get more out of the b-sides than 4:13 Dream, so maybe I'll skip that round and get onto the b-sides.

Charlotte Sometimes
The Upstairs Room
Fear of Ghosts
This Twilight Garden*
Burn

*Why this wasn't on Wish I will never understand. To quote Flanders: "As far as melon-scratchers go, that one's a honeydoodle."

Burn (my favourite Cure song)
This Twilight Garden
Scared as You
Fear of Ghosts
2 Late

Just heard "Burn". Nice.

You guys also inspired me to FINALLY watch The Crow. I bought it on Blu-Ray a few weeks ago.

Charlotte
Halo (one of my favorite Cure songs)
Twilight Garden
Another Journey By Train

Not B-sides "officially", but I'd feel terrible if these weren't mentioned. Two of their best recentish singles, in my opinion:
Cut Here
Wrong Number

They would be eligible selections. This is anything not on an album proper, or on Japanese Whispers.

I'm going to get some dinner. I'll be home in a few hours, if there is anyone left who has songs to submit, do so before I get back. You have all been warned!

I'll post the results when I get back and we'll start the thread on Monday.

Final Results:
Charlotte Sometimes (7 Nominations)
Burn (4 Nominations)
This Twilight Garden (4 Nominations)
Fear of Ghosts (3 Nominations)
2 Late (3 Nominations)
Scared as You (2 Nominations)
Halo (2 Nominations)
It Used to Be Me (2 Nominations)

Honestly that seems to perfect to me. I was going to let 8 songs go and those were the only 8 with multiple noms. What say we skip the survivor and just move on to the Tier 3 rounds?

Just for the record, my selections ended up being:
Charlotte Sometimes
2 Late
A Few Hours After This...
The Exploding Boy
In Between Days (R.S. Home Demo)

Back
Top Bottom