The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BRACE YOURSELF MY BRUTHA!!!!

We've been braced since this shitfest began, guys.

Have you listened to Ayreon?

He writes the most ASTONISHING overblown prog albums and gets different singers for each character. I'm not even joking. They're meant to be this who's who of prog and metal and they're the cheesiest things ever. Or were, until this album came along.

i did not know that was a thing.

"An instrumental which recaps the musical themes used thus far. It is meant to reacquaint the listener with the music and set the mood for Act 2."

Oh, this is fucking rich.

Evidently, after 75 minutes of exposition onslaught, we had forgotten the rock solid tunes they had provided for us early on. Thanks for thinking of us, Dream Theater.

Now John Petrucci is offering a guitar course thru string company Ernie Ball (string company) and you have to win competition (basically play riffs from this fucking album to win) to get the lesson. i cant stop laughing about this fucking garbage.

"An instrumental which recaps the musical themes used thus far. It is meant to reacquaint the listener with the music and set the mood for Act 2."

Oh, this is fucking rich.

Evidently, after 75 minutes of exposition onslaught, we had forgotten the rock solid tunes they had provided for us early on. Thanks for thinking of us, Dream Theater.

:lmao:

i did not know that was a thing.

I was vaguely impressed by it when I was 17 because his albums would have three or four of my favourite musicians together. Problem was that they were shit. And had terrible concepts. LIKE THIS ALBUM.

Could somebody, nefarious or otherwise, please knock off Gabriel?

I was vaguely impressed by it when I was 17 because his albums would have three or four of my favourite musicians together. Problem was that they were shit. And had terrible concepts. LIKE THIS ALBUM.

Could somebody, nefarious or otherwise, please knock off Gabriel?

i hope nefarious knocks off everyone somewhere soon so we can just have hilariously bad disney villain songs for the remainder of the album.

Now John Petrucci is offering a guitar course thru string company Ernie Ball (string company) and you have to win competition (basically play riffs from this fucking album to win) to get the lesson. i cant stop laughing about this fucking garbage.

THE PRlZE OF THE CENTURY.

Moment of Betrayal has possibly the worst solos so far. That's an impressive feat.

Are the solos meant to represent Daryus' synapses firing? What are they accomplishing? We already know that Petrucci can play guitar reasonably well.

the fact that we had "a new beginning" 1/3 of the way into the album and then 2/3 in we're going to "begin again" really hammers home the fact that this story doesn't go anywhere. but first! heaven's cove!

"As the pivotal moment approaches on the evening of the third day, the night sky above Heaven’s Cove is dark and still, with the only light provided being that found in-between the shadows created by the decaying structure under the pale glow of the moonlit sky."

So, in other words, absolutely nothing happens in this song at all. And it's over four minutes long.

Im a D'addario kinda guy so i really don't know.

ernie ball were cheaper, and they always broke on me. so i switched to d'addarios cos they were still cheapish and did not break so easily.

there was no point to this story, but there isn't really a point to this album either, so i think that's okay.

So, in other words, absolutely nothing happens in this song at all. And it's over four minutes long.

Welcome to this stupid fucking album. But hey, Petrucci's reminded us that he owns an acoustic guitar.

"As the pivotal moment approaches on the evening of the third day, the night sky above Heaven’s Cove is dark and still, with the only light provided being that found in-between the shadows created by the decaying structure under the pale glow of the moonlit sky."

no wait for it 2:30 in. :lol:

ernie ball were cheaper, and they always broke on me. so i switched to d'addarios cos they were still cheapish and did not break so easily.

there was no point to this story, but there isn't really a point to this album either, so i think that's okay.

well the fact that john is endorsed by Ernie Ball heavily isn't really okay, I guess

the fact that we had "a new beginning" 1/3 of the way into the album and then 2/3 in we're going to "begin again" really hammers home the fact that this story doesn't go anywhere. but first! heaven's cove!

It's like they've been trying to start a car but it just keeps dying on them.

Eventually they'll get this junker going! Perhaps a 4th beginning will do the trick.

I was hoping Spotify would fuck up and play the Purity Ring song called Begin Again instead.

Travis may have a terrible opinion about Another Eternity but I'm sure we can both agree that Purity Ring's Begin Again is better than Dream Theater's one.

Back
Top Bottom