The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Gabriel unleashes a blood curdling scream straight from the darkest depths of the abyss at a level unsustainable to the human ear. Faythe is unaffected due to the protection of her earphones but Daryus is not so lucky. The scream shatters the prince’s eardrums causing irreversible nerve damage and rendering him hearing-less. He is now doomed to live inside of his own soundless prison with the rest of his lifetime left to lament in a barren wasteland of silence over his despicable actions."

...wat...

wqMWK7z.gif

"Suddenly, Nafaryus has an epiphany…If Gabriel truly is The Savior as it has been said, then the miraculous healing power of his gift could be used to save the princess’ life!"

No.

No no.

Nooooooooooo.

This is such a fucking Mary Sue for LaBrie, no wonder he agreed to sing it.

hey it's almost 6am but i cant even sleep reading all of these is too hilarious

do i need a girlfriend or better hobby?

"He humbly pleads with Gabriel to sing. Sing until the heavens open up and the grace of God shines down upon his daughter and releases her from the clutches of death. But Gabriel cannot sing. The scream which he bellowed forth upon seeing his dead brother and the fallen princess, the scream which deafened Prince Daryus and alerted everyone in the region of this terrible nightmare they all were experiencing, had rendered his voice useless. He wanted to sing. He tried but was only capable of producing a few scratchy whispers."

Take a fucking ricola or something.

Guyz, GUYZ, the saviour FOUND HIS VOICE and all together they rejoiced, GLORYUS SOUND!

"He humbly pleads with Gabriel to sing. Sing until the heavens open up and the grace of God shines down upon his daughter and releases her from the clutches of death. But Gabriel cannot sing. The scream which he bellowed forth upon seeing his dead brother and the fallen princess, the scream which deafened Prince Daryus and alerted everyone in the region of this terrible nightmare they all were experiencing, had rendered his voice useless. He wanted to sing. He tried but was only capable of producing a few scratchy whispers."

Take a fucking ricola or something.

I am seriously trying to contain my laughter at this response, since my mom's still sleeping.

"As their singing voices grow louder and louder, it is discovered that they themselves are the true revolution."

Aren't we all!

"The beautiful Princess Faythe does, as it happens, open her eyes and is freed from the chains of eternal sleep. At this moment, Gabriel finally knows why he has been given this remarkable gift and why he truly is The Chosen One…Gabriel The Astonishing."

...I can't believe I'm actually listening to this.

This thing about New World is especially funny if you're from New Zealand, because a major supermarket chain there is called New World.

But hey at least they're beginning yet a-fucking-gain.

A "user review" from metacritic:

9/10

If you are a longtime DT fan, who really enjoyed the more reserved sense portrayed in earlier DT work, then you will enjoy this album! Combining the conveyed emotion alike to Scenes From A Memory, The Astonishing really draws emotion from the listener and makes you remember that one loves music because of the way it makes them feel, not because of how fast or crazy the band can play. A true epic, The Astonishing really pleased me and put Dream Theater back in the spotlight, making me want to go see them live for the U.S. tour.

Thanks for your input, LaBrie.

This thing about New World is especially funny if you're from New Zealand, because a major supermarket chain there is called New World.

But hey at least they're beginning yet a-fucking-gain.

it seriously sounds like a creed song.

one last filler track for the NOMACS as they shut down. because we really needed to waste a minute and a half of our lives on that.

i've wanted to go outside for a smoke since ravenskill. i could smoke the whole pack, but it will be this album that gave me cancer.

Considering how fucking long this album is, it's hard to believe this last song is the longest bar two.

Back
Top Bottom