The Count of Tuscany presents: the majestic Dream Theater thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey the princess is yelling at her father about how much she likes music

I'm sure this never happened word for word in LaBrie's life

I just mentioned KC as I can only react to that buzzword which is "prog." But I figure DT is closer to Rush in 2112 era, though

This makes fucking 2112 look sedate. It's as if DT gave 2112 speed or something.

OK at about the five minute mark of A New Beginning the drumming is actually reasonably catchy and Rudess is mercifully nowhere to be heard.

2112 can't touch this in terms of sheer ridiculousness. nothing can.

OK at about the five minute mark of A New Beginning the drumming is actually reasonably catchy and Rudess is mercifully nowhere to be heard.

not only is it 3 songs in one, it also contains the longest solo yet. IS THERE ANYTHING THIS SONG CAN'T DO?

I never thought that Marquee Moon is too long, and it's 10 min. long. the New Beginning, however, is about 8 min long and i feel like it's way too long.

It's ASTONISHING how much of this narrative is just them saying the same thing over and over again in different ways to fill up space.

The NOMACS tracks are filler as well. What isn't filler? Well, strictly speaking, maybe 8 songs total so far.

not only is it 3 songs in one, it also contains the longest solo yet. IS THERE ANYTHING THIS SONG CAN'T DO?

This solo is a fucking love letter to Pink Floyd.

A bad one.

Like Homer's postcard to Marge about having a butt that won't quit FIVE DOLLARS?!?! GET OUTTA HERE!!

didn't we already take a road to revolution? like in the first song that had marching?

You know what would be ASTONISHING?

If Dream Theater got an editor.

Hey guyz, if love's a risk, it's worth a chance.

And check out all these shithouse faith/Faythe puns.

Oh my god we're finally up to Act 2.

And here's Rudess with his circus music! :happy:

:lmao: this would be bad enough with different people singing each of the characters. the multi character songs (or at least that's what i'm assuming they are, maybe they're just bad singing) are the most ridiculous thing.

Oh my god we're finally up to Act 2.

And here's Rudess with his circus music! :happy:

it's 100x better than any of the songs with words.

ok some weird roaring things just started up, i take that back.

"As a symbolic gesture of peace, Faythe agrees to sing together along with Gabriel so that when her father hears the purity and innocence of love and unity in their combined voices, the fate of their future will be sealed."

Dirty, dirty hippies.

:lmao: this would be bad enough with different people singing each of the characters.

Have you listened to Ayreon?

He writes the most ASTONISHING overblown prog albums and gets different singers for each character. I'm not even joking. They're meant to be this who's who of prog and metal and they're the cheesiest things ever. Or were, until this album came along.

For the record, Act 1 = 2.5 stubbies.

How much will Act 2 drive me to drink?

Back
Top Bottom