The Boxer Rebellion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
kind of a departure from the Animal Collective/Deerhunter phase i've been in, but if you're a fan of U2, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, their new album titled "Union" is a very good album. it's only $5.99 on itunes.

the band sounded familiar, so i allmusic.com-ed them...

They weren't to be confused with the late 19th century uprising in China, or even the Philadelphia punk revivalists who shared their name.

ah yes. that's why. can't remember if i liked them, don't think i did. but i guess that's not what we're talking about anyway.

Yeah I saw them on the iTunes weekly email, "Flashing Red Light Means Go" kind of reminds me of the Faraway, So Close! movie version of Stay, similar chords, drum pattern. The lead singer's voice kind of resembles Mark Greaney from JJ72 when he goes falsetto; I'm liking it!

I have been listening to "Union" non-stop over the weekend. These guys are great. This is one of the best albums I've heard in the last year or so. I can hear the "shoegaze" influence (which is a good thing).

Actually, after a few more listens - this album is a borderline masterpiece. No kidding. There are at least six songs I would rate with a 9 out of 10.

This band is much, much better than Coldplay in my opinion (and I don't think they sound anything like them). They remind me a bit of The-Bends-Era-Radiohead blended with Room-on-Fire-Era-Strokes (my two favorite albums by those bands). They mix some great melodies with solid, crisp percussion and some of the best sounding guitar layers this side of My Bloody Valentine. The singer has a great voice and transitions in and out falsettos without making me cringe.

I can't find many press reviews of the album. Maybe that's a good thing.

I'd like to check them out. Thanks for posting the videos - I'll bookmark this page and come back to it later. :up:

their two albums still aren't getting old for me. they're a nice change of pace from some of the crazier, Animal Collective/Deerhunter stuff i've been into lately. sometimes, i need a break from trying to "get" certain music, you know, lol!

I finally checked this out today. I really liked it!

I saw it was available as a download album on Amazon ... is there no physical CD release? Or is that coming later?

Back
Top Bottom