The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, YLB trashing Kid A.

That's pretty awesome.

Also nice to see that intedomine's tastelessness isn't a new occurrence and is clearly something chronic.

Everything is broken
Everyone is broken
Where do we go from here
The words are coming out all weird
Where are you now, when I need you
I wish it was the sixties, I wish I could be happy
I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen
I wanna live, breathe
I wanna be part of the human race, race, race, race
All your insides fall to pieces,
you just sit there wishing you could still make love
She lives with a broken man
A cracked polystyrene man
Who just crumbles and burns
Now I can't climb the stairs
Pieces missing everywhere
She says she would love to come help but
The sea would electrocute us all
You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
I could burst a million bubbles
Blame it on the satellite that beams me home
When the loving comes and we've already gone
Just like your dad, You'll never change
And fade out again and fade out again
Immerse your soul in love
Immerse your soul in love

This, this is our new song
Just like the last one
A total waste of time

:heart:

Still underwhelming as an album for me, mind you (Nice Dream) has really grown on me the past 6 months or so, one of Yorke's greatest vocals.

Wow, YLB trashing Kid A.

That's pretty awesome.

Also nice to see that intedomine's tastelessness isn't a new occurrence and is clearly something chronic.

My opinions have changed slightly in 2 years, slightly, but I'm still proud of that comment. :up:

The Bends is indeed a beautiful album, and IMO Radiohead's most purely enjoyable work, :up: Partly because it was made before Thom Yorke, for some unfathomable reason, decided to ruin his naturally gorgeous voice and adopted the strained nasally singing style that to me makes songs like Idioteque a near-torture to sit through. On The Bends though his singing is lovely.

Indeed, The Bends is a terrific, terrific album. I don't give it the credit it deserves sometimes.

I will bump it though :D

What a magnificent album! Apart from Bones-Nice Dream-Just, the album is fantastic. Still not clicking with Street Spirit, though.

The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, High and Dry, My Iron Lung, Bullet Proof, Black Star and Sulk... :love:

As true today as it was in times past, Zootsuit.

I was playing the so called "Rock Band" game with my so called "friends" and they did not want to perform "My Iron Lung" because they "hadn't heard it". Who are my real friends, indeed. INDEED.

What a magnificent album! Apart from Bones-Nice Dream-Just, the album is fantastic. Still not clicking with Street Spirit, though.

I love Nice Dream and Just. Just is one of my fave tracks by the Radioheaders. Very 90's rock and roll. In a good way. And that's too bad that Street Spirit hasn't clicked for you yet. Hopefully it will. Immerse your soul in love.

The thread title is correct...the album is damned beautiful.

And I know Laz seems to have a special hatred for My Iron Lung, but I still love that song. I think it's the don't-give-a-fuck lyrics that do it for me. "This, this is our new song. Just like the last one. A total waste of time..."

And I know Laz seems to have a special hatred for My Iron Lung, but I still love that song. I think it's the don't-give-a-fuck lyrics that do it for me. "This, this is our new song. Just like the last one. A total waste of time..."

The fact that it was released as the first single is sort of the best thing ever.

Listening to it today everytime I'm in the car... while driving to work and at lunch time. I'm at the end of (nice dream) right now. :love:

Back
Top Bottom