The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey there guys,

long time reader, first time writer,

what songs from this album would you recommend me to go out and download?

thanks!

~earnest in edmonton

Zoomerang96 said:
hey there guys,

thanks!

~earnest in edmonton

hey there! :happy:

as a first time writer you may not know that downloading copyrighted material is frowned upon here. in fact:
The moderators at Interference.com would like to remind you that the trading of any commercially released song is strictly against the rules. This also is also true for any song of which an artist has not authorized its reproduction/distribution.
huh...who knew, eh?

anyhoo, if you save your allowance and your paper route money, you'll be able to get this "damned beautiful album" in no time!

thanks for writing! :up:

untitled.bmp

~the importance of NOT being earnest

Hey I will add then to this thread that The Bends a damn fantastic album. At first, 10 years ago I wasn't that impressed but its a classic album. As said in my thread the other day, the first 7 songs on this album are fantastic. Its just, and I mean JUST, behind OK Computer, but not by much.

Zoomerang96 said:
hey there guys,

thanks!

~earnest in edmonton
Fuck guys, theres nothing wrong with telling him your favourite tracks :wink:

(It's great though, you WILL buy it :) But I downloaded some tracks first too...)

Anyway i recommend:
Fake Plastic Trees
The Bends
Just
Street Spirit

For the immediate hit of the Bends. Enjoy.

JOFO said:

I don't believe that for a second. (I believe that you read it; I don't believe he's telling the truth). He probably said it because one of his managers listens to them or something and he figured he'd namedrop for some recognition.

There is NO WAY in the laws of nature and the known universe justin fucking timberlake sits home and listens to pyramid song and actually digs it.

NO FUCKING WAY.:rolleyes:

man, I was funny 2 1/2 years ago.

y'all should appreciate me more.

alexvilagosh said:
Fuck guys, theres nothing wrong with telling him your favourite tracks :wink:

(It's great though, you WILL buy it :) But I downloaded some tracks first too...)

Anyway i recommend:
Fake Plastic Trees
The Bends
Just
Street Spirit

For the immediate hit of the Bends. Enjoy.

ah...i was merely kidding. i'm rather...intense when it comes to radiohead.

but i appreciate your concern. thanks. :up:

Its the annual, dig up EPs favorite Radiohead thread and read the whole thing again day....time, event, something!

This thread still reminds me of the brilliance that is The Bends.

she looks like the real thing
she tastes like the real thing
my fake plastic love

but i can't help the feeling
i could blow through the ceiling
if i just turn and run

and it wears me out, it wears me out
it wears me out, it wears me out

and if i could be who you wanted
if i could be who you wanted
all the time, all the time...

:love:

No one fucks with The Bends. Pretty much the only irreproachable Radiohead album.

Everything else falls in the
categories 'rookie', 'overrated', 'tuneless', 'crawled up their own arse' or 'lousy songwriting'.

MumblingBono said:
No one fucks with The Bends. Pretty much the only irreproachable Radiohead album.

Everything else falls in the
categories 'rookie', 'overrated', 'tuneless', 'crawled up their own arse' or 'lousy songwriting'.

Brilliant and true. :wink:

If The Bends had just [nice dream] alone, it would still be my favorite Radiohead album!

the sea would... electrocute us all...... :drool: :drool: :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
my iron lung:drool: :drool:

You really love that song? I think it's a half-assed version of what they would later perfect on OK Computer.

On a more positve note, Fake Plastic Trees is one of the top 5 songs of the '90's.

High and Dry is ok. Except that Yorke's falsetto on the hiiiighs and driiiiiies isn't very immaculate.

The Bends is a good song with great guitar.

Those are the only 4 songs I've heard on the radio recently. So, I'll stop there and go back and listen to the rest.

Last edited:
Layton said:

You really love that song? I think it's a half-assed version of what they would later perfect on OK Computer.

On a more positve note, Fake Plastic Trees is one of the top 5 songs of the '90's.

High and Dry is ok. Except that Yorke's falsetto on the hiiiighs and driiiiiies isn't very immaculate.

The Bends is a good song with great guitar.

Those are the only 4 songs I've heard on the radio recently. So, I'll stop there and go back and listen to the rest.

:huh:

The radio is the last place where I'd listen to Radiohead! In fact radio stations around here hardly play any Radiohead at all.

Besides.. I think the best songs on The Bends are Nice Dream, The Bends, Bulletproof, Black Star, Sulk, Street Spirit and Fake Plastic Trees of course!

Elvis Presley said:
Im really enjoying Sulk lately...

Pfft, you'll never change. :wink:

I reread the entire thread, ahh the memories. Remember when this was the Radiohead only section of the forum? Oh the memories, I wasn't all crippled and cracked then.

No one has still ever taught me how to be a holy cow.

Elvis Presley said:
While driving home tonight from the pub I listened to the better part of The Bends again. This album strikes me again and again. What a wonderful piece of music from one of the best bands around.....

sorry just had to write that....:|

One of THE Greatest albums of all time

Zootlesque said:

:huh:

The radio is the last place where I'd listen to Radiohead! In fact radio stations around here hardly play any Radiohead at all.

Satellite radio plays Radiohead constantly. I actually enjoy the satellite experience better than making my own playlists with an Ipod or whatever.

The element of surprise and discovery is much stronger when you don't know what's coming. Plus, when hearing all kinds of songs next to each other that seemingly don't belong next to each other is a better platform for getting a handle on the strengths and weaknesses of various songs.

Back
Top Bottom