The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been slacking on the new music for the past couple years. It's because of this place that I have bands like Beach House and Fleet Foxes in my life. What can I listen to that has the sort of vibe I get from listening to You & Me, or Teen Dream, or Fleet Foxes, or any of the more acoustic Ryan Adams stuff? I like the atmospheric, warm feeling, sitting in on a winter night kinda stuff. Recommendations please?

Actually, that gives me an idea for a thread

Daughter, Grouper, Neko Case, Mazzy Star, Laura Marling, Bill Callahan, Goldfrapp, Torres and Waxahatchee, off the top of my head. A good chunk of those albums will be in my top 25.

Push the Sky Away is really underperforming so far. Disappointing.

It's quite an understated album, maybe their most. Anyways even when it came out I don't recall it generating much hype, I think it came out between the Bowie single drop and then the album, I vaguely remember that time being a Bowie black hole of hype.

Am I the only one thinking these things are coming way too early?

There really aren't a lot of album's left on the slate and I don't think there's been many released in the last few weeks. I like having the lists in early December, because it frees of the rest of December to listen to all of the good albums I missed.

I'm probably the biggest Arctic Monkeys fan on this board, and even I roll my eyes at the NME's hyperbolic praise of them. AM is a good album, and would be in my top 10 or 15 of the year, but it's also probably my least favorite thing they've done and it is most certainly not "the album against which everything else will now be measured."

I'm probably the biggest Arctic Monkeys fan on this board, and even I roll my eyes at the NME's hyperbolic praise of them. AM is a good album, and would be in my top 10 or 15 of the year, but it's also probably my least favorite thing they've done and it is most certainly not "the album against which everything else will now be measured."

I absolutely love the new album and its in my top 5 but yeah the NME hyperbole is completely insane.

They also declared Reflektor to be the best Arcade Fire album before it was even released. Bunch of turkeys.

I agree it's great, I just didn't feel like it was getting quite as much discussion this year as the last two.

Back
Top Bottom