The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back from Utrecht, weird gig. Have mixed feelings about it.
First of the venue, it must have been the smallest place they played this tour.
Tivoli is only capable of holding 425 pers. max. And I'm 100% sure it wasn't sold out. A damn right shame if you ask me.

They went to Paradiso last year in Amsterdam and that was a much bigger place. Sold out.
Needless to say, even though the crowd turnout, everyone was friendly happy and chatty.

Drowning Men , their support act, wasn't going down very good.
The only thing drowning in that room was the sh*t sound.
I think they might had some good songs, but you could barely make them out. Which I find sad.
Both Drowning Men and TATE seemed bothered by either the size of the venue, or the (lack off) size of the crowd.

Crowd was singing along as far as they could keep up with the lyrics :lol:
But they all did great and danced their socks of when it was even remotely possible. Myself included. I got a front row spot , in between Noah and Steve, they played so well, but there was something missing.
It just felt a bit.... forced.

The party mode was off, no minute long gag reels from Mikel, no bass solo's, drum solo's or anything.

Ah well I think I can understand, maybe they where tired or something.
Did get a pick and setlist from Noah and from the few pics I took I have some great memories altogether.

I hope I can see them again on a better gig someday. Germany and Dublin seemed much better. I love these guys.

Sorry for the huge rant. Bit confused about it.

TATE is playing a three night residency at the Fillmore, SF. Each album, each night, in order. Their presale on their fall 2014 your pretty much sold out in every big city within 5-10 minutes.

I managed 3 night 3s.

Now to manage getting to SF.

So.

Noah Harmon is no longer the bassist of TATE. According to his IG, he was "fired." This came after he was on paternity leave for months. Not really sure if he was being serious about being fired or what, or whether or not it was a bad break. Sad to see though, either way.

So.

Noah Harmon is no longer the bassist of TATE. According to his IG, he was "fired." This came after he was on paternity leave for months. Not really sure if he was being serious about being fired or what, or whether or not it was a bad break. Sad to see though, either way.

apparently before that post there was a video interview with the band after lolla and Mikel confirmed that Adrian was permanent. There has to be more to the story besides noah just being on paternity leave. that can't be the sole reason.

it is sad.. not sure how I feel.. i may not go to the show in oct at 930.

It doesn't seem as dramatic as the fans are making it out to be, to be honest.

It seems more like the band just turned and said hey, we need you back... and he probably said no for the Fall tour so they probably explained to him that they need to move on.

I mean... he seemed pretty sarcastic about it.

Three weeks until Dope Machines drops... February 24th.

Most of the tracks are visible via live versions or releases. They're all good. Only question mark is why Hell & Back is on the album. Doesn't fit, and it's old.

Did you all get this email yesterday? Cool idea, but Facebook fans of the band were not liking the surprise second album if they had pre-ordered. Sigh...

Good morning,

We’re happy to announce that tomorrow we will be releasing not one, but two records. The first is a mostly electronic/synth-driven/beat-driven record called Dope Machines, and it will be available everywhere. The second is an acoustic and rock and roll record, called Songs of God and Whiskey. That record will only be available on our website beginning at midnight tonight.

If you’re receiving this email, it’s because you’re on our email list which means you’ve probably been to a show or maybe even that we’ve met you at some point in the past eight years out on the road. After all, that’s how this email list was made—culled over endless hours in venues around the world meeting people, covered in sweat, the room stinking of beer. For that reason, we felt it was only appropriate that we announce this news to you first (it’s not being announced anywhere else for a while) and to tell you that we’re so glad that we’ve gotten to meet you through these years, to see the cities where you live, to share the moments we’ve shared in those sweaty, beer-soaked rooms.

The songs from Songs of God and Whiskey are taken from 10 years of songwriting. Some are quite new, some are quite old. All were recorded by us as a group in a small studio on a hill in Los Angeles (Mount Washington, to be exact). We’re not doing any tricky chicanery on the tracks to make them hard to copy or send or reproduce. We’re quite aware that makes them easy to be traded on file-sharing sites, but hey I guess that’s the world we live in. We trust you’ll be cool and buy it if you want it. It’s seven bucks—the same amount we would get from iTunes if we sold it there.

It would be fashionable to say we decided to forego the long process of promotion and distribution of the modern music industry as a way of doing our part to attempt to realign the music world to be a more artist friendly environment in which the blah blah blah… But it’s not really true. (Even though we very much agree with those principles).

With this, we just had a simple idea in mind: make it and put it out.

Songs of God and Whiskey

1. Poor Isaac
2. Cocaine and Abel
3. A Certain Type of Girl
4. Change and Change and Change and Change
5. April is the Cruelest Month
6. The Lines of the Cars
7. Strangers
8. Why Why Why
9. California
10. The Fall of Rome

Here are two tracks from the album:

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 7.25.27 AM

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 7.11.45 AM

The cover art is a painting by artist Mike Stilkey. Mike is a decorated artist and Los Angeles native. His paintings and installations can be found in museums and private collections around the world. We were honored to have him collaborate with us for our 2009 Walt Disney Concert Hall show.

We’ll see you out on the road..
The Airborne Toxic Event
©2015 The Airborne Toxic Event | Los Angeles

http://www.theairbornetoxicevent.com/store#!/Dope-Machines-+-Songs-of-God-and-Whisky/p/47641456/category=347899

https://www.facebook.com/TheAirborneToxicEvent?fref=ts

Well, I thought about cancelling my iTunes preorder (there was plenty of time to do so), but I took less than a minute to decide that I was going to keep the digital and order the physical album to tap the $7 Son gs of God & Whiskey.

I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about DM yet. Its like Joy Division became New Order. It'll take time to sink in. A lot of respect that they don't want to be boxed into a specific sound. California is fantastic. Both versions.

There is a huge part of me that wants TATE to open for the start of U2's tour. :drool:

Is it weird that I made the JD-New Order comparison earlier?

Is it also weird that you're the second person to point out the opener for U2? Their euro tour ends with the start of U2 Chicago.

Well, I thought about cancelling my iTunes preorder (there was plenty of time to do so), but I took less than a minute to decide that I was going to keep the digital and order the physical album to tap the $7 Son gs of God & Whiskey.

I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about DM yet. Its like Joy Division became New Order. It'll take time to sink in. A lot of respect that they don't want to be boxed into a specific sound. California is fantastic. Both versions.

There is a huge part of me that wants TATE to open for the start of U2's tour. :drool:

They've been on my list for openers for a few years now, but went down a bit because I didn't care as much for their EP.

Is it weird that I made the JD-New Order comparison earlier?

Is it also weird that you're the second person to point out the opener for U2? Their euro tour ends with the start of U2 Chicago.

Am I missing some dates? I see that they're in South Africa for a couple of festival shows at the end of April. That's 2 weeks before Vancouver. What May dates haven't I seen?

Well we've already got some Denver dates and others leaked in March, but I forgot what I was going off of.

Probably just ends in May.

Today's email just arrived! New tour dates in the US!!

Yes, this has been a crazy week for us, and it's only Wednesday. Thanks so much to everyone who has bought our brand-new albums. Mind-blowing. To mark the release of Dope Machines this week, we're excited to announce a limited run of very special audio/visual performances in select U.S. cities., beginning in Brooklyn and ending in San Diego. For these shows, we'll be performing the new record, front to back (in addition, of course, to songs from our previous albums), with some surprises in store...

Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m.
Wed March 11 - Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Fri March 13 - Cleveland, OH - Trinity Cathedral - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sat March 14 - Boston, MA - Paradise - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Tue March 17 - Chicago, IL - Metro - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Thu March 19 - Denver, CO - Sherman Event Center - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Fri March 20 - Denver, CO - Sherman Event Center - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sat March 21 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sun March 22 - Los Angeles, CA - Tower Theatre - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Tue March 24 - San Diego, CA – House of Blues - ON SALE FRI@10AM

Our Fourth Studio Album...

Dope Machines, is out in North America NOW—as is our acoustic rock and roll record, Songs of God and Whiskey. You can get both in various bundles (including vinyl and signed copies) on our website, owned and operated by us, the band.​
*Note: There is one shipping fee per order… so if you order one item or 20 items, you will be charged one shipping and handling fee.​
The album is also available on iTunes and Amazon.​

divider.png

Amoeba In-Store in L.A. TODAY

To mark the occasion, we're honored to be performing an in-store show at one of the greatest music stores on the planet: Amoeba Music in Hollywood.​
Show starts at 6pm. See you there.​

Tour Dates
Wed March 11 - Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Fri March 13 - Cleveland, OH - Trinity Cathedral - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sat March 14 - Boston, MA - Paradise - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Tue March 17 - Chicago, IL - Metro - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Thu March 19 - Denver, CO - Sherman Event Center - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Fri March 20 - Denver, CO - Sherman Event Center - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sat March 21 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Sun March 22 - Los Angeles, CA - Tower Theatre - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Tue March 24 - San Diego, CA – House of Blues - ON SALE FRI@10AM
Tue Apr 7 - Munich, Germany – Muffathalle - GET TICKETS
Wed Apr 8 - Berlin, Germany - C-Club - GET TICKETS
Thu Apr 9 - Hamburg, Germany - Gruenspan - GET TICKETS
Sat Apr 11 - Cologne (Köln), Germany - Die Werkstatt - GET TICKETS
Sun Apr 12 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Paradiso Noord - GET TICKETS
Tue Apr 14 - London, UK - KOKO - GET TICKETS
Wed Apr 15 - Manchester, UK - Sound Control - GET TICKETS
Thu Apr 16 - Leeds, UK - Stylus - GET TICKETS
Sat Apr 18 - Glasgow, Scotland - The Garage - GET TICKETS
Sun Apr 19 - Dublin, Ireland - Academy - GET TICKETS
Sat Apr 25 - Pretoria, South Africa - Supersport Park - Freedom Festival - GET TICKETS
Mon Apr 27 - Cape Town, South Africa - Ostrich Ranch - Freedom Festival - GET TICKETS

Ehm, after a year of silence, TATE are back come March 2017, doing a several night stand in LA performing "mostly new material."

Back
Top Bottom