The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New round of dates announced for this Fall!!!
Tickets Friday!

Shows | The Airborne Toxic Event

There is some scheming to hit either the Florida shows or Baltimore besides Minneapolis.

Ahhhhh you're awesome!!! Just added two new concerts to my Fall concert series!!!

The Hood Internet/Big Sean/Chiddy Bang

blink-182

Orlando Calling Festival (The Killers/OAR/Pixies/Raconteurs/etc)

Bryan Adams

The Script

and now Airborne perhaps twice!!! So excited!!!!!!

New round of dates announced for this Fall!!!
Tickets Friday!

Shows | The Airborne Toxic Event

There is some scheming to hit either the Florida shows or Baltimore besides Minneapolis.

DUDE.. do baltimore! I will be at that show! Ramshead is a decent venue.

also a new fan myself... :hyper: Can't wait to see them live in November.

I am also gonna do their DC show at the 930 club.. love that place too.

DUDE.. do baltimore! I will be at that show! Ramshead is a decent venue.

also a new fan myself... :hyper: Can't wait to see them live in November.

I am also gonna do their DC show at the 930 club.. love that place too.

It's just scheming at this point. I need to save some cash so that I can go to sailing school for about a week. Baltimore would be a great location (even if a bit chilly in Nov.).

I don't have to cough about Florida because you already know it's warm. There's a bay for sailing or whatever. It's certainly not cold in November. And we're cool down here with our shades and the sort.

*cough*

FFS.. that was a bloody nightmare getting tickets in the presale.. After spending an hour pulling my hair out and cursing left and right.. TATE's site came back up after crashing hard..And I got my tix to Baltimore and DC.

I got Minneapolis tickets thanks to free WiFi at my campsite in Moncton. :up:

I have to wait on whether I can do another city this fall. I have one other trip I need to plan first.

November! :D

For those of you who haven't seen em yet... tons of fun! In fact, I'll be seeing them at the same theatre they played at last month in November. If you stay after the show they'll hop off the stage and you can chat with them and if you want autographs, pictures, etc. they'll be willing.

Seriously in need of a :bump:

TATE will be on Leno this Friday.

Good afternoon,

Though our livers may be worried, the part of us that enjoys an old-fashioned night out on the town involving illegal fireworks, punching, stumbling, conversations with police officers, and desperate searches for all-night bail bondsmen is ridiculously excited to be heading out on tour with our good friends, two amazing bands: Mona and The Drowning Men.

The Drowning Men will be with us for the entire North American leg, while Mona will join us beginning November 9 in Chicago. We had the pleasure of doing short stints with both of groups of lads recently, and we must say, they hold up well on tour. Also, under interrogation. We hope you can join in on the collective mayhem and delinquency. (Watch their videos below.)

LENO THIS FRIDAY

We'll be performing on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno this Friday, September 30.

The Calder Quartet will be joining us. The show airs at 11:35 p.m. (10:35 p.m. central).

Drove out to Tampa with a friend yesterday and saw them play The Ritz Ybor.

Third time this year. Once again just as phenomenal as the past (although they got off to a slow start - I was questioning 'who died?').

Mikel had a bottle of champagne on stage that somehow magically popped itself open about 3 songs into the show. Naturally being front and center and within reaching distance of his ankles, the cork hit me in the stomach. Object 1 of the night. Later, Mikel failed a pick-flick that basically fell 1.5 rows into the audience. Object 2 of the night. After the show we got a set list. Object 3 of the night. Finally, and my favorite item, after the show he gave me the bottle of champagne (of which I was drenched in).

Security confiscated it though and wouldn't let me take it home. Bah!

Drove out to Tampa with a friend yesterday and saw them play The Ritz Ybor.

Third time this year. Once again just as phenomenal as the past (although they got off to a slow start - I was questioning 'who died?').

Mikel had a bottle of champagne on stage that somehow magically popped itself open about 3 songs into the show. Naturally being front and center and within reaching distance of his ankles, the cork hit me in the stomach. Object 1 of the night. Later, Mikel failed a pick-flick that basically fell 1.5 rows into the audience. Object 2 of the night. After the show we got a set list. Object 3 of the night. Finally, and my favorite item, after the show he gave me the bottle of champagne (of which I was drenched in).

Security confiscated it though and wouldn't let me take it home. Bah!

Nice!!!

I think their rigorous tour is catching up with them. They were a little slow starting in Minneapolis, too. But still... OMG! They are great live!

Yeah, they're definitely exhausted. They just got off Europe, had a little break, and then did a double US Tour where they're playing back to back nights in different cities. Pretty intense.

Which is probably the reason they didn't jump off the stage in Tampa after the show. But they still entertained a few fans in the parking lot and had an after party in Tampa.

They also only played 18 songs for their set, as opposed to the 22 or 24 that they'd played at the previous shows. Absent were:

Something New
This Losing
Does This Mean Your Moving On?
The Book of Love (probably wont be played again)
Innocence
Folsom Prison Blues within I Fought the Law within Missy (heh)

I met these guys at their Hartford concert. Other than Sometime Around Midnight I didn't know anything about them but was surprised how good they were.

Also met Unico there too. First and only Interlander I have ever met! :wave:

I met these guys at their Hartford concert. Other than Sometime Around Midnight I didn't know anything about them but was surprised how good they were.

Also met Unico there too. First and only Interlander I have ever met! :wave:

Double nice!!

When TATE is on (which is 99.9 percent of the time), they are the best live band going.
Sorry U2 :reject:

I had an awesome time at the TATE concert on the 19th. I was fourth row from the stage. The show kicked ass. Mona and the Drowning Men opened for them. Apparently the night before the Drowning Men got hit by a drunk driver and their bus(?) was totalled so TATE rescued them. TATE ended up on stage with them at one point. I managed to get up close to Mikel at the end of the show but some girl monopolized his time so I couldn't get a pic with him. But he was right in front of me. If I had waited a half hour more outside I would have been able to get pics with the band. I'm kicking myself for not waiting. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom