Taylor Swift IS the new Arya Stark!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Think about it - a girl who was loved but now just wants to murder people at random...

Yup - two years from now she will be ridding a toy train on the throne.

Discuss.

Taylor's List (incomplete):

Kanye West
Kim Kardashian
Kendall Jenner
Katy Perry
Joe Jonas
Taylor Lautner
John Mayer
Jake Gylenhaal
Harry Styles
Calvin Harris
Tom Hiddleston
Camilla Belle

The song probably wouldn't even make top 50 Taylor songs. It's a continuation and even harder lean into the 1989 sound and mood (especially "Bad Blood") which was my least favorite thing she's done in her career.

Here's hoping some of the other songs on the album have some guitar on them?

Taylor's List (incomplete):

Kanye West
Kim Kardashian
Kendall Jenner
Katy Perry
Joe Jonas
Taylor Lautner
John Mayer
Jake Gylenhaal
Harry Styles
Calvin Harris
Tom Hiddleston
Camilla Belle
Kendall Jenner is sooooooooo good looking.

I for one think it's good that Taylor is starting two months of album release hype with an atonal single featuring terrible lyrics about a year-old beef nobody gives a shit about anymore.

What is the poptimism thing? I've seen it referenced since this song came out but don't know what it means.

Basically poptimism is a response to people who think rock music is the only style with any value. It encourages the unironic enjoyment of pop music and tries (and has largely succeeded) to bring critical attention to pop artists like Taylor, Carly Rae Jepsen, Beyoncé, etc.

Impy's post had nothing to do with that, I was just making a stupid pun.

Last edited:
Hmmm, by that definition I am an old school poptimist. I've been encouraging that shit for a long time. Not sure if I actually want to label myself that, though.

I think people like you and me just like pop and are glad the rest of the world is catching up.

Also, I'm glad that I listened to this Taylor song. With one sentence, I am now free. Old Taylor is dead. I can finally move on and stop hoping. Sweet sweet freedom.

What the fuck is she doing? The second single is better than the first one but it's one of the most unoriginal songs I've ever heard in my life

Anyway, I'm seeing a real female pop superstar tonight.

B176ijOAkNS._SL1000_.png

Hello.

I would like to say:

1) It doesn't sound anything like The National
2) It's good, not a classic.
3) There are definitely (classic Taylor, not new Taylor) poppy songs on here
4) She went the route of 90s girl singer/songwriter, I see.
5) I don't know what anyone who thinks this sounds like Lana is smoking. A girl singing ballads =/= Lana automatically. Just comes across as pretty damn sexist, IMO.

She lifted the vocal melody and cadence of Cardigan right off the last Lana album, which had the same producer. Nothing sexist about pointing out the obvious.

One song is one thing, but like, I've read it about the album overall, and not just her, but EVERY girl from here to Dua Lipa that does a ballad now is apparently copping off of Lana, who is of course only copping off of Winehouse depending on who you ask. It's just very frustrating to me that it's even counted as a criticism instead of being an influence.

Not really a Swift fan, but simply must give this a whirl with Bros Dessner involved.

Cardigan is good, but gives strong vibes of a particular song from the most recent National album which I can’t recall exactly

Back
Top Bottom