Taylor Swift IS the new Arya Stark!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the movie today, had a ticket for 6 tonight but I got out of work early today and the theater sent me an email that they had added showings for today. So I went at 2 and actually got a refund online for my other ticket.

Including me there were only eight people in the theater. Nothing against singing and dancing young Swifties, but my experience of this movie was perfect. It was X Plus with the bigger screen and better sound.

All I can say is I loved it. The production design, the music and dancing, the outfits, everything about it. I did follow Taylor's outfits during the tour but they were even more beautiful on film (that Enchanted dress is breathtaking), and I loved the dancers' outfits too. It's just non stop entertaining and fun, and a much needed escape for me.

I also loved that they included Taylor giving her hat to Kobe Bryant's daughter, I saw that online after it happened.

I can't believe it but I even spent $25 on the commemorative Taylor drink cup and popcorn cup combo. Officially a Swiftie I guess.

I'm glad they made the movie before the Kelce stuff, I've seen enough of that. Even though it's a concert film I'm sure Travis would have found his way into the movie somehow.

Also seen enough of Taylor with Brittany Mahomes. I guess the Traylor thing takes the heat off of Brittany from Chiefs fans

brittany-mahomes-and-taylor-swift-watch-during-the-second-news-photo-1697196210.jpg

Movie was great but I'm totally shocked she cut
Cardigan
, there must have been technical issues or something with the takes cuz that seemed to be one of the key tracks from that album.

Acoustic section was perfect with the song choices split between the two nights that were recorded.

Not too much dancing in my theatre aside from a couple pockets, but when the 1989 era started the walkway between the two sections started filling up, and then when it got to Shake It Off even more rushed down there with boys and girls all dancing together.

Unfortunately when I attempted to join them I was tackled to the ground by security and removed from the premises.
It was nice to see the youngs enjoying themselves!

I loved the film. I went to the old people's showing on Sunday morning, so the most activity came from me, seat-dancing and singing (in the back where no one could hear me).

Last edited:
I liked that song Champagne Problems in the movie, never paid much attention to it before that. Now I keep listening to it on my phone. I think she wrote that with Joe, hopefully no collaborations with Kelce.

NBC News

The movie amassed $92.8 million during its opening weekend in the United States and Canada, making it the highest-grossing domestic concert film ever, according to Box Office Mojo, which tracks box office earnings. That means it surpassed the $73 million run of “Justin Bieber: Never Say Never” in 2011.

Movie was great but I'm totally shocked she cut
Cardigan
, there must have been technical issues or something with the takes cuz that seemed to be one of the key tracks from that album.

Acoustic section was perfect with the song choices split between the two nights that were recorded.

Not too much dancing in my theatre aside from a couple pockets, but when the 1989 era started the walkway between the two sections started filling up, and then when it got to Shake It Off even more rushed down there with boys and girls all dancing together.

Unfortunately when I attempted to join them I was tackled to the ground by security and removed from the premises.
It was nice to see the youngs enjoying themselves!
You give us a review of the movie but not of your actual show? What the hell?

I listened to it several times today and yeah it's fairly disappointing. There's a very good 12-song album in here somewhere but in general it lacks both consistency and variety. Not a fan of the music itself, the instrumentation--it sounds cheap.

I'd bet money that at least 2 of the 4 bonus tracks are better than the weak ones that made the cut, so I look forward to making a custom playlist, something I don't usually do with Taylor despite her usually overstuffed albums.

After my first run through, yeah, it's not Midnights. It certainly doesn't have that killer leadoff single like Anti-Hero was, and it's a bit too long.

However, the second album, or second part, or whatever you want to call it, harkens back to the Folklore/Evermore period and I'm all over that. Some great understated gems there.

Every collaboration she's had with Dessner has been excellent, I kind of hate that most of those compositions for the last two albums have been relegated to bonus tracks.

I must say I am getting tired of the release structure. As someone who still likes physical product, the fact that the second album is only digital for now is annoying. I don't want to buy the album knowing the full thing will eventually come out later in the year.

So the double album is 31 songs and that's the digital one? That's the one I downloaded from Amazon Music, I get that for free w/Prime.

I love the Folklore and Evermore songs too.

She just really needs to get away from the Kim K stuff, enough of that. And of course the exes stuff. She was with that guy for six years so I'm sure that's lots of material and it was her life for six years. So of course it's what is on her mind and in her heart. But at this point it's a one trick pony.

Not interested in listening to Taylor Swift, although I would have gone to one of her concerts here if I'd been able to get a ticket. She sold out three nights at the MCG, which is one of the biggest stadiums in the world, in, like, seconds. 96,000 at all three shows and thousands upon thousands more who couldn't get tickets. I just looked up highest grossing tours, Eras is the only tour in history to reach 10 figures (although our boys are just shy of a billion for 360 on 2023 dollars), despite it only having 60 shows so far. Absolutely wild.

The video for Fortnight is quite creative, she really has a talent for storytelling and visuals. Beginning with that song and video and ending with Clara Bow that creates the theme connection that's woven through the album. She imagines her videos and puts a lot of work into them, from everything I've read.

And her voice blends beautifully with Post Malone's on that song.

Most of the songs apparently make references to that Matty Healy guy that she only dated for a couple of months, or a fortnight. He has a thing for typewriters, who would have thought. Only a couple at the most refer to her six year relationship, I didn't think she would be hurtful to a person she was with for six years or cheapen that relationship.

Her talent for lyrics is undeniable, and to write that many songs while preparing for the Eras tour and doing it is so impressive. And her talent for promotion and business is so impressive too, of course she does have help with that.

She is actually being studied in college courses, just saw a story on CBS Saturday Morning about that.

Back
Top Bottom