Taylor Swift IS the new Arya Stark!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I forgot about Winter, and just listened to both versions again. What an awesome song.

Taylor..... well...... my wife is happy about the new music. so that's good.

Was listening to the New York Times “Popcast” panel on Evermore, and Jon Pareles dubbed Taylor’s 2020 quarantine albums “Use Your Seclusion I and II”.

Brilliant.

Has anyone else thought the vocal melody on the chorus of Champagne Problems sounds a little familiar?

It finally hit me that I was thinking of Shuttlecock's Ahimsa, the "this is an invitation to a high location" pre-chorus.

You're welcome/I'm sorry.

Swifty just dropped 8 bonus tracks in addition to her new album. Midnights billed as the first exclusive collaboration with Antonoff but Dessner shows up on a few of these extra "3am tracks".

Where's GAF?

Let's fucking go.

I'm one listen deep. It's scary good, unsurprisingly. I'm excited to give it dozens more rotations. But I will say this:

Folklore/Evermore is absolutely 100% the best work of her career. And this is from an OG Swiftie who's obsessed over everything she's done from the jump. I was hoping she wouldn't abandon the partnership with Dessner so quickly. It works so damn well. Like you said, he shows up on some of the bonus tracks. But I'm talking about the album proper.

And I'm sure she'll return to a more full collaboration with him, probably on the next LP. But this is a bit of a curveball.

Need some time before I can name favorite tracks here. The closing track "Mastermind" did stand out on first go. Felt like a summation of her career in a way.

TL;DR: 1989 and Reputation are my two least favorite Taylor albums, and a return to that sound isn't *exactly* what I was pining for as a fan. But I totally get why she did it! And the album is very good.

I’m a newbie as you know, but 1989 and Reputation are also my least favs; still baffled that the former was able to win AOTY.

Anything after Folk/more was going to be lesser, as you said, especially when it’s all Antonoff.

I’m not saying she should go full country again, but an album devoid of pop, maybe something with some orchestral elements, would be nice. And Dessner wouid be perfect for that. Of course, she’s still young and has all the time in the world to get to that kind of thing.

This one does have a lot of standout tracks. Atm I’d say Bejeweled, Anti-Hero, Labyrinth, and Sweer Nothing are the ones I’m into most.

I wouldn’t say it’s a complete return to 1989 and Reputation. This one has a certain minimalistic quality to it that makes it stand out on its own.

I’ve only had a chance for one run through so far, but on first listen Anti-Hero, Bejeweled, Sweet Nothing, and Mastermind stood out.

Also, I got the Target version, and the bonus track, Hits Different, is fantastic and should have been on the standard album. No surprise that one features Dessner, which proves he still adds something even though the aesthetic of this album is very different.

Haven’t heard the 3AM tracks yet.

I was planning on getting the CD and that's good to hear, but I am bummed there's no physical copy of the 3am bonus tracks. Wonder if a deluxe edition will be out by Xmas. I could probably wait that long.

Now that I’ve heard the 3am tracks, I’m disappointed there’s no physical release either, although I’m sure there will be one eventually. Because a couple of those songs, High Infidelity and Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve, are absolute bangers.

I know she considers Midnights a concept album, but I really wish those two, along with Hits Different, were on the actual album instead of a track like Midnight Rain.

Yeah, Midnight Rain, Vigilante Shit, and Karma are probably my least favorite on the album proper, though neither is outright offensive to me.

Hits Different and WCS are Top Tier Tay without a doubt. As is Anti-Hero, which is the best lead single she's had since Shake It Off, arguably even better.

Yeah, Anti-Hero is awesome. Hoping it's a massive hit for her. Not that she needs a hit or is struggling or anything. I'd just like to see it.

The tour is announced and openers are a who's who of some of my favorite current artists. Paramore, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers, MUNA, even beabadoobee seems cool as hell. None of these openers will be in Chicago haha. WTF.

So I think I honestly might pivot and try to make a whole thing of going to the tour opener in Arizona. It's the only show Paramore is opening for. And I could see White Sox spring training baseball that week, too. It's in Glendale in late March. Hmmm.

Last show of the USA leg in Los Angeles, with Haim doing a hometown opening set (and will clearly do features during Tay’s set).

Suck it.

It’s amazing that a multi-million dollar company can’t figure out a way to distribute tickets without having their site crash.

Sounds like some tickets may still be available. I’m curious if they simply start dropping without warning down the road.

I heard reports that sports season ticket holders to the stadium are being offered the chance to buy them.

Also saw that tickets to the Blink reunion tour suffered from surge / dynamic pricing and were crazy expensive for some buyers. Pearl Jam tried to warn us and we didn’t listen.

Also saw that tickets to the Blink reunion tour suffered from surge / dynamic pricing and were crazy expensive for some buyers.

this happened during the RHCP tour last summer. in toronto seats in the middle deck that were showing at $150 before going on-sale were suddenly $350+ when the public had a chance to buy them. floor seats were even more ridiculous. same thing with the gorillaz tour - $450 for GA floor because of "dynamic pricing".

Last edited:
Does the extra money go to the artist? Or is Ticketmaster cutting out the middleman and scalping tickets directly?

Tickets to shows like Swift’s may have to go to a lottery system eventually. Live8 in the UK and the (good) Led Zep reunion did this. Ideally with ID required at the gate to stop scalping.

Going to keep spitballing here: you can register your intention at every price point / date right up until the draw date, and be able to view how many people have also registered in each section. Draw is then done by most requested sections to lowest per date, if your ticket comes up you can choose to accept or wait for another draw, but you can only accept once.

As much as i hate ticketmaster and they have fucked this from beginning to end... IMO this is Swift's management team. How could you possibly say that ALL tickets are available in the presale, especially when there were like 7 different presale things going on? You set aside a certain percentage of tickets for each night for presale and the rest is for general sale. That's how it works. WTF were they thinking?

Now my only hope is that she adds a date here in Nashville. My 11 year old is gonna be crushed. :angry::sad:

Does the extra money go to the artist? Or is Ticketmaster cutting out the middleman and scalping tickets directly?

yes - the money goes back to the artist.

it's not a terrible idea in theory, but absolutely awful for the fans in practice.

same thing happened with Springsteen.

the Taylor Swift issue is a little different in that they clearly let too many people in to the pre-sale, and didn't set limits on tickets (which is standard practice).

whether that was Ticketmaster or Swift's management's fault is unclear at this point.

Last edited:
I'm going to Chicago 3 (June 4)

See y'all there. I'll be the OG Swiftie wearing a White Sox cap and really hoping she plays "State of Grace" or literally anything off Speak Now and also multiple tracks of Folklore/Evermore.

I'll put together a dream Taylor twenty song setlist here one of these days when I'm not as drunk and high as I am now. I'll tell you it will feature these tracks:

State of Grace
Change
Tim McGraw
Crazier
I'd Lie
Our Song
Enchanted
The 1
Betty
Champagne Problems
Long Live
All Too Well