Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love it. I could do without Be Above It, Keep on Lying and Sun's Coming Up, and I don't think there's anything as good as Solitude is Bliss or Alter Ego, but it's got a great sound. Enders Toi, Mind Mischief and the two singles are my favourites.

This is fucking excellent. So many tasty morsels of psychedelic guitar times.

Certainly tempted to go to Parklife to see these guys, Passion Pit and some mainly losers next month, now.

You guys are really putting my expectations through the roof for this thing. :lol:

Is it streaming somewhere?

I couldn't find one.

Speaking of albums that came with high expectations, I haven't listened to Spooky Action in like two months, maybe more.

Yeah, you would think that Mikal was a record company marketing guy based on how hard he was pushing that album.

I couldn't find one.

Speaking of albums that came with high expectations, I haven't listened to Spooky Action in like two months, maybe more.

I listen to that about once every two or three weeks. It's on my "listen to this music while at work" mega playlist.

I like Lonerism about as much as Spooky Action, which was #1 for me for a while, until Idler Wheel came out. Maybe it's not quite THAT remarkable, but they are both amazing records to zone out to.

The other half of the Spooky Action "zone out" coin for me, to this point, is Days by Real Estate. Fantastic record that I haven't seen too much about. Then again, that's probably because I haven't looked hard for things to see about it.

Like I said earlier in the thread, they're great live. As a matter of fact, since they're pretty much a one-man band in the studio, it's interesting to hear them sound so fluid.

cobl04 said:
Be Above It really sucks. What a crap opener.

Hardly. It wasn't at all a favorite of mine on first listen, but I can't get enough of it now. It's a great opener; a real mission statement for the record.

Listened to it this morning. I liked it, but began to lose interest in the second half. Deserves another listen for sure.

Listened to it this morning. I liked it, but began to lose interest in the second half. Deserves another listen for sure.

Yeah, I noticed with repeated listens that the 2nd half gets more interesting as you work your way through the layers.

I feel like this album has been around and generating discussion for months at this point. When the hell did it leak?

I think Lotus Plaza is 2nd and Tame Impala 4th for me at the moment. Lots of great psych rock for me this year, especially since I'm apparently one of the enlightened few to appreciate Centipede Hz.

I must admit that I hadn't listened to it in a couple months, but just gave it a spin the other day. So good. ;)

Lots of great psych rock for me this year, especially since I'm apparently one of the enlightened few to appreciate Centipede Hz.
Lol. I like it a lot as well for what it's worth.

I listened to the leak once. Gonna wait for the album now.

This is quickly becoming my favorite album from this year, along with Bloom. Endors Toi is just so good.

Apocalypse Dreams is PERFECT. The world needs more music like this.

I'm getting into the habit of closing the album with their cover of That's All for Everyone by Fleetwood Mac. Remarkable how well it fits.

LemonMelon said:
Apocalypse Dreams is PERFECT. The world needs more music like this.

I'm getting into the habit of closing the album with their cover of That's All for Everyone by Fleetwood Mac. Remarkable how well it fits.

They covered that song? Must find it!

Back
Top Bottom