Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pronounce it "Endor Twa".

35_wicket_starwars.jpg

If you buy the deluxe edition vinyl, it comes with a 7" single with Led Zeppelin and another unreleased track. That's the only "lossless" version I know of.

Well son of a bitch. I guess I can hold out hope that they'll release some physical singles (on cd) at some point.

For anyone out there who has seen them live, how is the show? They are playing at a great venue in Chicago in a few weeks, but I missed out on tickets and consequently will have to pay a rather steep price to get one.

It's a great experience. Hefty sound, more so than the records because it's a full band, and the sets are energetic all around. No complaints whatsoever, though it must be said that I love basically every song they've put out, so I'm biased.

I'm poor at the moment, so I can't afford to see them again, but if they come around on a future leg, I'll go.

I know I've mentioned it a couple times already, but Lonerism has me listen to Innerspeaker quite a bit more as well. Forgot how much I liked some of those songs. I'm really into I Don't Really Mind at the moment.

I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy a ticket. I'll be paying twice face value, but I'm thinking it will be worth it.

Me too. I'm also happy they exist because it's like having a genuine 60s/70s psych rock band, and not just listening to their music 30-40 years on.

martha said:
You should listen to some Dungen.

So much yes.

There's plenty of great psych to go around, it's just that Tame Impala is getting all the love this year. Deservedly so.

Like Mofo, I'm finding a new appreciation for Innerspeaker.

How had I not heard Innerspeaker until just now? It's got all the best parts of the classic rock/psychedelia era with none of the cheese or forced sentimentality. Some of these songs sound like a cross between Love and The Allman Brothers Band. Just awesome.

I'm listening to Dungen on youtube right now. I'm not sure if I can get past listening to singing in a different language.

Is it really that common? I can usually pick out words in stuff that I like. It may be difficult at the beginning, but I figure it out over time.

Well, that was pretty rockin'. They closed with some song, and then in the middle of it, did a psych break-out instrumental thing which was all over awesome. When the band gets fired up, they really can get going. I liked it. I'm tired as hell right now.

Back
Top Bottom