t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lots of my shirts are getting pretty beat up and almost unwearable

i have
The Matadors
The Weakerthans
Radiohead
U2 x 3

Well I used to have several U2 and REM shirts (about six of each, all from 1988 or earlier), but they are all long gone (worn to shreds!). My current crop of band shirts is limited to those of The Church, some of these also date to the eighties, some are new. I now no longer wear logo shirts of any kind though (I really dislike paying for someone elses advertising!), so these should last for a while. I was going to cut all the shirts up and make a wall hanging out of them, but I have recently become hooked on Steve Kilbey's (The Church bassist/singer) paintings, so my wall space is devoted to his work.

SkeeK said:
lots of my shirts are getting pretty beat up and almost unwearable

yeah most of mine look like they've seen better days

one of my barenaked ladies shirts isn't even black anymore...it's kind of a dark grey...and that's one of the ones in good shape.

hey, tell me this is not a great shirt.

yet another reason i like blood for blood :up:

front:
BFB108F.JPG

back:
BFB108B.JPG

zonelistener said:
Angie reminded me....

I have Lollapalooza shirts from the first two years (I feel so old) :reject:

:points and laughts at the old man:

Ummm ... Let's see ... I have:
2 U2 shirts
Jason Mraz
David Gray
Carbon Leaf
I know I have more, but for whatever reason I am completely blanking right now ....

Angela Harlem said:
Does anyone else find (ironically) that U2 shirts are the poorest quality? After all the song and dance Larry made back in the day over small details like that, either we get sorely gipped here in Oz or he's full of shit. I've never seen a concert shirt go out of shape, discolour and crack like these do. Not complaining, just wondering.

No seriously, I thought I was the only one with this problem. My Elevation t-shirt lost colour and went out of shape so fast, it's virtually indistingusihable from it's original form. The red symbols began coming off immediately. It's now gray with half-red symbols and is big everywhere except the shoulders (not tha I have abnormally large shoulders or something. It just didn't lose shape there) :|

On the other hand, I found a t-shirt at a store that said Bono's Cafe on it, and it still fits fine.

I'm so making my own iron-ons. :madspit:

Alright...

I'm bringing this old thread back to life... ARISE!!!

First off, I :heart: Concert T-Shirts :love: I have collected them for ages and barely pass up on one unless:

a. I am low on finances
b. the shirts are not appealing

From my memory, I have (in no particular order)

U2 x 10 or so (multiples from Popmart up to Vertigo)
Coldplay x 4 (from X&Y and Viva tours)
VAST
Travis
Air
Iron & Wine
Radiohead (In Rainbows tour)

Older ones I don't wear as often:
Rage Against The Machine
NIN
Ministry
The Young Gods
KMFDM
Helmet
Clutch
Front 242
PWEI

The only concert T-Shirt I own is a U2 Vertigo Tour one. It's white and red with the band walking on the front and the dates on the back.

I've worn that fucking thing probably 100 times in the 3 and a half years I've had it. And, for some reason, even though I've been to a hundred other concerts by other bands, I've never felt compelled to buy a T-Shirt or any kind of memorobilia.

U2 :drool:

Wow, what an old thread. I miss Yertle! :scream:

Anyway, here are the band t-shirts I own:

U2 x 2 (1 Elevation, 1 Vertigo)
Placebo x 2
Blue October x 2
Idlewild

I used to have a couple Tori Amos shirts, but one got too old and the other was too big, and I had a Prince t-shirt that was way too big to wear, so I donated it to Goodwill. :wink:

I wish I had one. Most of my t-shirts are plain or for a sports team (and most of those are usually simple as well: my current shirt simply says "Happy Valley").

I kind of wish I just had a bunch of T-shirts with album covers on them and nothing else.

I only buy them if they're $20 or less. Most of the time I either think they're too ugly to buy or not worth the cash.

2 U2 shirts
1 AFI shirt

Things have changed, off the top of my head:

3 U2 shirts
1 U2 hoodie (which unfortunately is all stretched out of shape because of a freak snow storm when I was in the mountains)
1 The Shins hoodie
1 Album Leaf hoodie
2 Pinback shirts
2 Sigur Ros shirts
2 Low shirts
2 Okkervil River shirts
2 Idlewild shirts
1 TV on the Radio shirt
1 AFI shirt
1 Built to Spill shirt
1 Explosions in the Sky shirt
1 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club shirt
1 Arctic Monkeys shirt
1 VNV Nation shirt
3 Interpol shirts
1 Bloc Party shirt
1 The Decemberists shirt
1 Midlake shirt
1 Spoon shirt

Written down, that's somewhat embarrassing.

Both of them are. I found a pic on Sigur's site:

2866812257_85cd1310e0_o.jpg

I have the one that says Sigur Ros on the front and has the tour dates on the back and the chalkboard "Vid Spilum" shirt.

I haven't worn either of them yet....

I remembered I also have an old Weezer shirt.

ha, digging up my old post here:
i have a few...

i've got three duran duran (one from a concert i went to, the other two i found at a music paraphernalia store.)
three U2 (same situation, one from popmart which i went to, the other two i found at the same store i found the dd ones.)
and i've got a john mayer and a guster shirt that i got last summer at their concert.
also, i have a memphis in may musicfest shirt from this year.
finally, i have a r.e.m. and a cake shirt i found at a different music store, from like 95 so i doubt they still fit.
let's see...

- duran duran: still have all those shirts, plus i'd say...four more? i pretty much always buy a shirt when i go to a concert, even if i've got a shirt by said band.
- i guess five U2 shirts now since i got two at vertigo
- i think i have two or three john mayer shirts now, plus the one guster shirt still
- that memphis in may shirt got ruined when a hairdresser spilled dye on it :rolleyes:
- don't even know where the r.e.m. and cake shirts are anymore...haven't thought of those in years.

new ones:
- god i must have like 20 liam finn shirts. sure feels like it. i can't even wear them since like a moron i have him sign them and who's going to wash and wear signed memorabilia.
- david byrne shirt
- crowded house
- two shirts from another concert series here
- earth, wind, and fire aaaand a crosby, stills, and nash shirt (wtf)
- vhs or beta shirt
- voodoo fest shirt
- two depeche mode shirts

i would've bought a raconteurs shirt when i saw them last week but they were expensive and ugly so i said fuck that and bought a poster. important info, i know.

i think that's it...jesus i have a ton of music shirts.

Last edited:
U2 - 1 (Vertigo tour)
The Beatles - 2 (Abbey Road, Let It Be)
Led Zeppelin - 1 (Swan Song logo)
Pink Floyd - 2 (tie-dye Dark Side, and this black one with multiple album covers)
The Who - 1 (tie-dye with "Long Live Rock" printed on the back)
Beck - 1 (Where It's At single cover)
Wilco - 1 (from their winter 2008 tour)

I was at my parents house the other week and I found a whole stack of my old T-Shirts. They were in pretty crappy condition, but I had

U2
Oingo Boingo
Depeche Mode
The Cure
REM
New Order
Midnight Oil

U2
R.E.M.
Explosions in the Sky
Pearl Jam
The Who
The National
My Morning Jacket
The Police

I've got 4 U2 "concert" T-shirts- 92, 97, 01, 05
1- Pearl Jam- 96
1-REM- 95
1-Van Halen-91
1-Pink Floyd-94
1-Velvet Revolver-05
1-Page/Plant-95
1-Rush-07
1-Def Leppard-96

I have an orange Husker Du shirt with a rip going through the middle. I had some good times wearing it, although I think it's about time I get a new one. Generally, I don't bother with band shirts because of the cost, and the fact that they usually only come in XXL, or because the girl designs tend to suck.

My sister bought a Jam shirt in Spain and sent it to me. I'm not a Jam aficionado, but I wear it sometimes.

I have an orange Husker Du shirt with a rip going through the middle. I had some good times wearing it, although I think it's about time I get a new one. Generally, I don't bother with band shirts because of the cost, and the fact that they usually only come in XXL, or because the girl designs tend to suck.

My sister bought a Jam shirt in Spain and sent it to me. I'm not a Jam aficionado, but I wear it sometimes.
move here. half the shows i go to have shirts only in small and medium. i could starve myself for a year and still never fit into a small :slant:

Back
Top Bottom