Stereotypes of Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have said, you know, that a real U2 fan enjoys U2's music. How dare I forget being politically outspoken and knowing every U2 lyric, while never arguing about anything the band means.

I would have asked what you just DID, so I guess we disagree on that.

My favorite stereotype has to be the indietastic teen set, who loves every indie band featured on the Grey's Anatomy and/or Juno soundtracks.

:up: There are some people here who are just here to stir up trouble and troll the threads, they don't really care about U2. Then there are those who are the social butterflies who need to be popular and well liked and that's more important to them than their U2 fandom. I personally have found the "older" folks here to be the "real and true die hard U2 fans" who share the same qualities of a typical U2 fan which is supporting the causes the band or Bono promotes, those in tune with politics and current world events, those fans who want to change the world for the better. These fans know the words to ALL U2's songs but don't spend endless hours arguing about their meanings. These fans have friends all over the country and world who they met at U2 shows and events and they keep in touch. U2 fans are compassionate, caring, intelligent, well read, politically outspoken. U2 shows to them are like a church service. They will see more than one or two shows a tour. This is JMHO.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to rethink this? Because it is a very limited perspective.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to rethink this? Because it is a very limited perspective.

:no: I won't. As my post states, "JMHO", perhaps you didn't read or comprehend that portion of it? No I am not being condescending , disrespectful or facetious. We are all entitled to posting our own thoughts and opinions here. I commend all of you for having responded in picking my post apart. Congratulations. You should all be proud of yourselves and your little group. It's groups such as yours who can really disrupt the positive flow of a good message board.

:no: I won't. As my post states, "JMHO", perhaps you didn't read or comprehend that portion of it? No I am not being condescending , disrespectful or facetious. We are all entitled to posting our own thoughts and opinions here. I commend all of you for having responded in picking my post apart. Congratulations. You should all be proud of yourselves and your little group. It's groups such as yours who can really disrupt the positive flow of a good message board.

What did you last SAY? Adding a little tag to the end of a post doesn't make it invulnerable to questioning it. If that's your opinion, great, but we can still question it. If this click really does ruin the flow of good message board, I suggest going over to EYKIW and sifting through the nuggets of intelligence there.

What little group do you mean? Last I checked, Joyfulgirl is a long-time, respected poster. What little group is she part of? Do you mean the "I have a fucking brain in my head group"? It does not take a click, or clique, to pick your shit apart.

What little group do you mean? Last I checked, Joyfulgirl is a long-time, respected poster. What little group is she part of? Do you mean the "I have a fucking brain in my head group"? It does not take a click, or clique, to pick your shit apart.

Exactly. You can't dismiss EVERYONE that disagrees with you by just saying we're all a "little group"

:lol:

Good times.

It's a good thing it takes a lot of money to see multiple U2 shows. Keeps the riff raff out. :up:

But seriously, Carek--of course you're entitled to your opinion. It just strikes me as odd that a "real U2 fan" such as yourself could be so exclusive regarding what constitutes a "real fan" given how inclusive U2 are, when compassion and being in harmony with their principles are among your requirements for real fanship. So I thought you might want to reconsider the possibility that someone could be a "real" fan while living in a country where U2 doesn't tour, or even in the US without the means to attend a show, or who doesn't speak English and doesn't know the lyrics but who loves the music and the spirit of it nonetheless. Hell, I don't even know the lyrics to most of the songs on October and who even cares?

:lol:

But if you hate the song, clearly you are NOT a real fan. All real fans recognize it for its complete and utter brilliance. :tsk:

I've never seen U2 live because I don't have the money. Therefore, JUST IN HER HUMBLE OPINION, I'm not a real U2 fan.

And I'm part of a little group disrupting the forum.

Also, because it was JUST IN HER HUMBLE OPINION, we probably should not respond to it and/or pick it apart. It's not like this is some kind of discussion board or something.

Either way, it sounds like I have to leave Interference now. I'm not a U2 fan. :sad:

This half-assed fan is trying to figure out what EPAA is, so we'll find a new forum out there, philly. :hug:

There's a place for us,
Somewhere a place for us.
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us
Somewhere.

There's a time for us,
Some day a time for us,
Time together with time spare,
Time to learn, time to care,
Some day!

Somewhere.
We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere . . .

There's a place for us,
A time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Some day,
Somewhere!

This half-assed fan is trying to figure out what EPAA is, so we'll find a new forum out there, philly. :hug:

There's a place for us,
Somewhere a place for us.
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us
Somewhere.

There's a time for us,
Some day a time for us,
Time together with time spare,
Time to learn, time to care,
Some day!

Somewhere.
We'll find a new way of living,
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere . . .

There's a place for us,
A time and place for us.
Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Some day,
Somewhere!

All kidding aside, I love that song.

Whatever, interference, I like that song! Come and get me!

Anyway, Carek, I apologize if this has gone too far. But this whole "real fan" thing has always bugged me. That is the real little click.

Back
Top Bottom