Starflyer 59

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
Quite possibly my favourite band at the moment. Singer/Songwriter Jason Martin is the band and the rest of the rotation's switched around. Between 1993 and 2006, they released more than any other band that I know of: 10 albums, 7 eps, and a box set.

I would definitely highly recommend them. Listen to clips of songs such as "Good Sons" on iTunes just to get a flavour, and read about them on wikipedia. Martin knows how to write a good dark-pop song.

Sounds like an alterego Thomas Bangalter might use, but I'll dig into em.

Their 11th album since 1994 came out one week ago and I've listened to it about 30 times. And I love it. 35 minutes of pop-rock goodness.

I've tried to illegally download some of their records, but no success.

Maybe I'll try and buy some tomorrow? I have my eyes on the first two, since I think you've recommended them to me, Andrew.

I can't recall the name of the second album of theirs I listened to, Andrew if you remember could you tell me? But I know I loved it to death.

The first one I heard was Leave Here A Stranger and it is QUITE good.

Ah right, that would be the one. I really liked that one a great deal. I have really got to get some money so I can buy all these albums I want

Ah right, that would be the one. I really liked that one a great deal. I have really got to get some money so I can buy all these albums I want

You also really need to listen to Talking Voice Vs. Singing Voice. It's #1 on my top 50 list.

Well get on it. And make sure to listen to it with Magic at the end. Some versions don't have Magic.

My version had Magic, and it was great :). TVVSV is still my favorite, followed by Old, then Dial M, then Leave Here a Stranger.

But I like all of them.

My version had Magic, and it was great :). TVVSV is still my favorite, followed by Old, then Dial M, then Leave Here a Stranger.

But I like all of them.

Well then you need to move onto My Island now. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom