St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imperor

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Swag.

1. Chloe in the Afternoon
2. Cruel
3. Cheerleader
4. Surgeon
5. Northern Lights
6. Strange Mercy
7. Neutered Fruit
8. Champagne Year
9. Dilettante
10. Hysterical Strength
11. Year of the Tiger

September 13.

Go to these, B&C regulars:

8/25 – New York, NY — Metropolitan Museum of Art
10/2 – Minneapolis, MN — McGuire Theatre (come on, Cass)
10/3 – Milwaukee, WI — Pabst Theater
10/5 – Chicago, IL — Metro (come on, GAF)
10/6 – St. Louis, MO — Old Rock House
10/7 – Lawrence, KS — Liberty Hall
10/8 – Boulder, CO — Boulder Theater
10/10 – Salt Lake City, UT — Urban Lounge (come on, Uncle T-Bag)
10/12 – Vancouver, BC — Commodore Ballroom
10/13 – Seattle, WA — Neptune Theatre (come on, Cori)
10/14 – Portland, OR — Crystal Ballroom
10/18 – Los Angeles, CA — Music Box (come on, No Broken Serves)
10/20 – Phoenix, AZ — Crescent Ballroom
10/23 – Dallas, TX — Kessler Theater
10/24 – Austin, TX — Moody Theater at ACL Live (come on, Deputy)
10/25 – Houston, TX — Fitzgerald’s
10/28 – Atlanta, GA — The EARL
10/30 – Charlottesville, VA — Jefferson Theater
11/1 – Washington, DC — 9:30 Club
11/2 – Philadelphia, PA — Union Transfer (come on, Peerferoni)
11/3 – New York, NY — Webster Hall
11/4 – Boston, MA — Royale

Actor is leaps and bounds beyond Marry Me for me, but the latter is still utterly wonderful.

This next one's allegedly her most guitar based yet, which is good news since AC can absolutely shred.

They literally could not have chosen a better set of words to hype me up even more than those. Can't wait to hear the first single tomorrow.

Aww.

I'll have to see when tickets go on sale. I think the Neptune used to be a movie theater; I'd heard they'd done some work on it, but didn't realize they'd turned it into a performance venue.

I wonder what it would be like to see a show at the Met in New York. Anyway, perhaps I will check out the Chicago show.

When I lived in Madison, she played at a relatively small bar near the UW campus. The promoters definitely underestimated the draw, as the crowd was flooding out the doors. This was in 2009, I think.

I've actually only heard a few songs of hers, but I recall enjoying them. Maybe I'll have to put that Spotify shiznit to use....ify.

I have decided I will listen to this. From what I've heard from her, she doesn't quite fall into swooncore, would that be right? So it might be more up more alley.

Swag.

1. Chloe in the Afternoon
2. Cruel
3. Cheerleader
4. Surgeon
5. Northern Lights
6. Strange Mercy
7. Neutered Fruit
8. Champagne Year
9. Dilettante
10. Hysterical Strength
11. Year of the Tiger

September 13.

Go to these, B&C regulars:

8/25 – New York, NY — Metropolitan Museum of Art
10/2 – Minneapolis, MN — McGuire Theatre (come on, Cass)
10/3 – Milwaukee, WI — Pabst Theater
10/5 – Chicago, IL — Metro (come on, GAF)
10/6 – St. Louis, MO — Old Rock House
10/7 – Lawrence, KS — Liberty Hall
10/8 – Boulder, CO — Boulder Theater
10/10 – Salt Lake City, UT — Urban Lounge (come on, Uncle T-Bag)
10/12 – Vancouver, BC — Commodore Ballroom
10/14 – Portland, OR — Crystal Ballroom
10/18 – Los Angeles, CA — Music Box (come on, No Broken Serves)
10/20 – Phoenix, AZ — Crescent Ballroom
10/23 – Dallas, TX — Kessler Theater
10/24 – Austin, TX — Moody Theater at ACL Live (come on, Deputy)
10/25 – Houston, TX — Fitzgerald’s
10/28 – Atlanta, GA — The EARL
10/30 – Charlottesville, VA — Jefferson Theater
11/1 – Washington, DC — 9:30 Club
11/2 – Philadelphia, PA — Union Transfer (come on, Peerferoni)
11/3 – New York, NY — Webster Hall
11/4 – Boston, MA — Royale

I'll go.

November 2nd is a Wednesday while I'm at school, which would be very difficult to pull off.

This is the first I've ever heard of Union Transfer. I'll have to look it up.

Huh. It's a new venue going up right around the corner from the Electric Factory. Apparently the people behind the Bowery Ballroom are behind this too. Good stuff.

What Impy is trying to say is that swooncore is great, but Annie is in a league all her own. A league that you could in fact call snugglestep.

True factual rumor:

Today at work, in a staff meeting, my boss mentioned the word "crisis" and I had to stifle a laugh. Like, seriously, I had to cover my mouth for a second. The worst part was that he was fucking angry today, so, it was not the time for me to be looking like I was trying not to laugh at him. Luckily, we've worked together before so he knows I'm insane.

That's what you get, kids, you get a guy who drinks powerjuice and then makes billion multi-million thousand dollar decisions, but he also talks to his photo ID badge in meetings to see if he agrees with himself.

All the bands for which I coined the purposely idiotic term swooncore (Cults, Tennis, Best Coast, etc.) have fairly rudimentary instrumentation compared to St. Vinny. That and their respective singers don't have nearly the pipes of AC. That's not a condemnation at all. It's the style of breezy pop music they make. And I think it's awesome. But it's really not fair to how well-crafted AC's music is to lump it in there with swooncore.

All the bands for which I coined the purposely idiotic term swooncore (Cults, Tennis, Best Coast, etc.) all fairly rudimentary instrumentation compared to St. Vinny. That and their respective singers don't have nearly the pipes of AC. That's not a condemnation at all. It's the style of breezy pop music they make. And I think it's awesome. But it's really not fair to how well-crafted AC's music is to lump it in there with swooncore.

Will definitely be listening then :up:

Back
Top Bottom