St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2100gwg.gif

Caught that last night, man, that's a great song. The guitar tone she's using there is awesome.

And she seems to really like showing off her left leg lately. Makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the right leg. Is it mangled, perchance?

Damn she looks hot in that video. This is definitely on my list. Second the guitar tone. Reminds me of some of the guitar work on Bowie's Low.

Wow, I had the exact same toy gun that the little kid points at Annie's head at about 2:45 in the "Cruel" music video. I wonder if that shit was something of a common toy gun or what? I know for sure it's the exact same model. Small world.

I also love when she's ripping that solo with the bag over her head in the trunk of the car.

The first two tracks we've heard have me the most hyped I've been for any album in years. I keep running to the mailbox to see if it got in early.

Alright. The album has leaked, and much like the M83 thread, put spoiler tags on if you want to discuss it before the release date. I don't want to come in here and see the lyrics to "Cheerleader" posted just because it's important for you to have the first definitive opinion on a new album in a forum dedicated to U2.

Mention a name, we know (we know)
Appear tame, it shows (it shows)
Please dont feign, the ropes (the ropes)
Always the same, I know (Iknow)

(Im shooting them myself, I should've made it matter)

God let it go, it doesnt mean a thing
Chance and sow, nothing changing

There's no time, to go (to go)
Through the designs, we know (we know)
Never mind, although (although)
Maybe this time, we'll grow (we'll grow)

God let it go, it doesn't mean a thing

God let it go, it doesn't mean a thing

I'll let you know in two to three weeks when I've listened to it several times after it arrives at my doorstep.

Oh, you don't listen to leaks? Neither do I, by the way. I like to have the physical thing in my hands.

Haven't for a while now after Gareth C!'s reaction to the Romance is Boring leak and the subsequent discussion it sparked here. If the artist opts to stream through NPR or elsewhere, I'm usually game. But this one will be a first listen on the couch with a frosty Guinness. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Quitting leak-listening has not adversely affected how I hear music at all. It has only been positive. And it can totally rob an album of its (deserved or undeserved) hype. It bums me out so much that people are already hearing that M83 album. At least this one is only 11 days away.

I never listen to leaks either. I don't necessarily buy all the music, but I always wait until the release date.

I actually think I started that habit when I started using Last.fm and didn't want to be scrobbling unreleased music on it. That's strange, now that I think about it.

Assuming the leak's quality is 256+, I'll be listening to this ASAP because life is short, and I want to spend as much time as possible enjoying things I like. Opinions will be spoiler tagged, of course, but Impy has a mental ElMel tag he places my posts in anyway.

Assuming the leak's quality is 256+, I'll be listening to this ASAP because life is short, and I want to spend as much time as possible enjoying things I like.

:hi5:

Hell yeah. Fuck it. I'll be listening to this at some point tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'll let you know in two to three weeks when I've listened to it several times after it arrives at my doorstep.

This is supposed to be a colored vinyl, isn't it? Should be gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom