Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
New album in January?

"New" single next Tuesday?

It's looking like another tour could be in our future.

Looks like we got a new album for 2014 - High Hopes. Didn't he do this type of release with 'Working On A Dream'?

1. High Hopes
2. Harry's Place
3. American Skin (41 Shots)
4. Just Like Fire Would
5. Down In The Hole
6. Heaven's Wall
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad (Duet with Tom Morello)
11.The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream

https://www.facebook.com/brucespringsteen?ref=br_tf

Is that finally a studio version of 41 shots?

Harry's, is that next door to Mary's Place?

I heard enough about Frankie on Tracks.

Joad with Morello, yes please.

Does he ever stop touring? To me it seems like he's been on one neverending tour for three years now.

Looking forward to the album, though, hope it's better than his output in recent years.

I'd rather had the new U2 album announced, to be honest.

Why is U2 even relevant in this context?

Anyway, I hope the Tom Joad version is as good as the live one.

Wtf is this album? I thought that track listing was a joke at first.

And I guess I'm the only one getting a bit tired of The Tom Morello show, featuring the E Street Band.

Wtf is this album? I thought that track listing was a joke at first. And I guess I'm the only one getting a bit tired of The Tom Morello show, featuring the E Street Band.

That couldn't have been further from the truth at the shows I saw. Was more than happy to just sit back and play, Joad aside (which was fucking incredible, and another song I'm forgetting

That's not what I meant.

Rewriting three songs for Morello's sake is just getting ridiculous.

Overreacting a bit? He's a great guitarist, the collaborations he made with Springsteen were fantastic (and I'm not even that big of a fan of Bruce) and I can't say that I felt him overshadowing the rest of the band. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Springsteen felt the band needed some fresh blood after the recent losses.

Looks like we got a new album for 2014 - High Hopes. Didn't he do this type of release with 'Working On A Dream'?

1. High Hopes
2. Harry's Place
3. American Skin (41 Shots)
4. Just Like Fire Would
5. Down In The Hole
6. Heaven's Wall
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad (Duet with Tom Morello)
11.The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream

At least WOAD was all-new material.

Maybe this will surprise us. Maybe with Morello it will have a uniqueness to it and that's why Bruce is getting this out there. Maybe the revisions will work out. Maybe it will actually rock.

But I'm quite concerned. This smells like a total rush job. High Hopes is a cover that he already did. Harry's Place is from The Rising sessions and you wonder how it relates to Mary's Place. American Skin is over a decade old and already available in studio form courtesy of a promo single (and of course it's available live as well). We all know about The Ghost Of Tom Joad (has there ever been a title track to an album re-released on a different album?). The Wall has been around for years (albeit unreleased), and Dream Baby Dream is available already as a live cover from the Devils & Dust tour.

Yes, it means more touring, and that's a definite plus. I get it. But at the expense of what? A new album that is a partial rehash job that will downgrade the latter part of his discography? There are other ways to continue a tour in 2014. You don't need a new album to do it. How about an EP with just the new songs? I'd be all over that.

Wrecking Ball is a great album. Take some time, release some other projects (The River and BITUSA box sets are due anyway) or the aforementioned EP, and come back with a strong follow-up later.

And I guess I'm the only one getting a bit tired of The Tom Morello show, featuring the E Street Band.

Yep. Probably because you're the only one observing it happening.

The track listing takes "excuse to tour" to a whole new level, but I'll probably like it 8 times more than WOAD.

Go back in the last thread and this one and tell me how many times you see his name posted, that's what I'm referring to. I'm talking about the fact that lately here, it seems like people are more excited to watch Tom Morello do one of his wanky little guitar solo than actually see/hear Bruce. That's fine, I guess, but I'm not sure what it really adds to the either's legacy.

This album doesn't look like an excuse to tour so much as an excuse to continue to let Morello play guitar solos over old Springsteen songs and frankly I find it irritating.

Go back in the last thread and this one and tell me how many times you see his name posted, that's what I'm referring to. I'm talking about the fact that lately here, it seems like people are more excited to watch Tom Morello do one of his wanky little guitar solo than actually see/hear Bruce. That's fine, I guess, but I'm not sure what it really adds to the either's legacy.

This album doesn't look like an excuse to tour so much as an excuse to continue to let Morello play guitar solos over old Springsteen songs and frankly I find it irritating.
... It seems like the bigger issue here is that you don't like Morello.

... It seems like the bigger issue here is that you don't like Morello.

It's neither here nor there. I enjoyed when he joined him on stage for a song or two, and I've got no problem with him joining the band on tour. This just seems silly, is all.

Like I said, I can see that I'm the only one who seems a bit (a bit) bugged by this, but honestly, it's not like it's going to stop me from seeing the band or something. I'm just kinda surprised that no one else seems to find this whole thing kinda weird.

If it was his first album in years, I'd be annoyed, but considering it's another "hey, here's another album, what the hell!" situation, I really don't mind.

No tour plans beyond what's already announced in 2014, according to swedish Live Nation.

Back
Top Bottom