Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, Cohen is still going (both musically and biologically).

Saw Dylan one time about a decade ago and was underwhelmed myself.

Cohen is 81. Still going. Tom Waits is 66. Dylan is 74. They're all getting up there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How have you not seen him? :lol:

I don't think I have any left now Bowie has passed on.

Just poor timing. He's either playing when I'm out of town, have tickets to something else or can't afford it. He really is on the road all the time. I've got to get on this already.

My bucket list, now that Bowie is gone and Tina Turner has retired from touring:

1) The Rolling Stones
2) Paul McCartney (Close to being #1)
3) John Mellencamp (In Indiana)
4) Meat Loaf
5) Dave Matthews Band
6) R.E.M. (Only this low because there's like a 5 percent chance they don't do a reunion tour.)
7) Paul Simon
8) Sting
9) Pulp (Also low, because I'm not sure I'll actually ever get to accomplish this)
10) "The Who"

There's other bands on the list, but those are the ones I am desperate to see.

Yes, I'd love to see The Who. But you just never know what you're gonna get with them.

Meat Loaf would have been great... thirty years ago. His voice is so shot now, I haven't heard a good review of a Meat Loaf show in the past five years.

It's the principle of the thing at this point. Also, forgot Cher. Not sure where I'd put her.

Yeah. Dylan's not all that live anymore.

Rumors of his demise greatly exaggerated:

Both from 2015.

Definitely putting some pizzaz into some of these songs. And while it's a shame he's no longer playing guitar, he seems to be having fun playing piano or just rocking the mic/harp.

Dylan was good when I saw him, but that was probably a lot longer ago now than I realize. Like 2006 or something.

I'm pretty much out of big bucket lists bands. Anyone I used to really want to see that I never got to see are either bands I don't care about anymore (Radiohead for example), or something like 70+ year old Paul McCartney playing mostly Beatles covers. :shrug:

Last edited:
I liked Dylan live, but his voice WAS rough.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

My bucket list, now that Bowie is gone and Tina Turner has retired from touring:

1) The Rolling Stones
2) Paul McCartney (Close to being #1)
3) John Mellencamp (In Indiana)
4) Meat Loaf
5) Dave Matthews Band
6) R.E.M. (Only this low because there's like a 5 percent chance they don't do a reunion tour.)
7) Paul Simon
8) Sting
9) Pulp (Also low, because I'm not sure I'll actually ever get to accomplish this)
10) "The Who"

There's other bands on the list, but those are the ones I am desperate to see.

I've seen numbers 1, 2, 3 (but in Massachusetts), 6 and 10, plus saw Simon and Garfunkel once plus the Police at the NJ Conspiracy of hope show(including Bono duet on Invisible Sun). Multiple times seeing Stones, REM and Who, seen Macca twice.

No great interest in seeing Marvin Lee Aday at this point. DMB I like enough material that I'd go if someone had an extra ticket, but not going out of my way to make the effort. Pulp isn't happening.

I'd say your window on The Who is closing fast, so if you can get to one of the shows in May, you should go, cause I think this could be their last go round at least in terms of a full scale tour.

Macca is well worth seeing.
Stones were still pretty good last time I saw them (June 2013), but their ticket prices are way too high.

I'll likely never see the Stones. They were here pretty recently but the prices were just so high for what I imagine is likely just a bit of a morbid curiosity. I've heard all the songs in their setlists a million times and can't imagine lining Mick's pockets for the privilege of sitting in the nosebleeds to hear polished but very safe performances of their hits would be worth it.

The Who have been here recently-ish but only for select dates, like Grand Prix afterparty or Byron Blues, I'd've definitely gone to those Quadrophenia shows as it's in my top five all-time albums but they didn't bring it here. I also doubt I'd be able to shake off the thought that I'm seeing 2016 The Who, which despite two members remaining, they just have such a legendary, almost mythical reputation from the old days, back when I was yet to be a sperm in my dad's scrotum.

Dylan I've got no interest in because I'm not ~that~ big a fan and the bad I've heard outweighs the good.

or something like 70+ year old Paul McCartney playing mostly Beatles covers. :shrug:

He actually pulls out a decent share of Wings stuff too (not the majority, of course, but a few tunes regardless). I'm seeing him again in May, but I even thought some of those songs were a few of the highlights from the show.

I'll likely never see the Stones. They were here pretty recently but the prices were just so high for what I imagine is likely just a bit of a morbid curiosity. I've heard all the songs in their setlists a million times and can't imagine lining Mick's pockets for the privilege of sitting in the nosebleeds to hear polished but very safe performances of their hits would be worth it.

If they ever play near you again, keep an eye on StubHub in the days leading to the show. I refused to pay $425 for one floor seat when they came into my area last year, but looked online and eventually found a fourth row seat for under half that price. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to wait...

Ha! Well, I was talking about floor seats in a stadium setting, so I'm guessing the nosebleeds might've offered something more to your liking then. ;)

I've seen numbers 1, 2, 3 (but in Massachusetts), 6 and 10, plus saw Simon and Garfunkel once plus the Police at the NJ Conspiracy of hope show(including Bono duet on Invisible Sun). Multiple times seeing Stones, REM and Who, seen Macca twice.
:grumpy:
No great interest in seeing Marvin Lee Aday at this point. DMB I like enough material that I'd go if someone had an extra ticket, but not going out of my way to make the effort. Pulp isn't happening.

I'd say your window on The Who is closing fast, so if you can get to one of the shows in May, you should go, cause I think this could be their last go round at least in terms of a full scale tour.

Macca is well worth seeing.
Stones were still pretty good last time I saw them (June 2013), but their ticket prices are way too high.

Yeah, my Meat Loaf interest is waning, but I still want to go to say I have, at this point. DMB were, at one point, #1 on my list of bands to see, but something about the ticket price for them turned me off. Which is absurd, since the Stones are WAY more expensive.

If that's the case, and you're probably right, I'll make sure to see The Who this time. It'll be a bit of a budget squeeze, but yeah, I need to make that happen.

Even if Macca weren't worth seeing, I'd go, just because. But every live performance I've seen, even recently, tells me it's still something worth the money.

The Stones ticket prices are so high that even though I want to see them as badly as I do, I made buying tickets the final reward on my weight loss goals chart. I will very likely *never* get there, but if I do, the Stones better fucking be on tour.

Saw the Stones at Giants Stadium on bigger bang on a whim... Got tickets day of, side stage seats that were released that morning. Very glad I did... Jagger is a sight to see. Just an incredible ball of energy, much like Bruce. Not the same with improvising and calling shots on the go like an E Street show, but crazy fun.

The rest of the band kinda just lays there though... even back then, which is like 10+ years ago now.

I'll likely never see the Stones. They were here pretty recently but the prices were just so high for what I imagine is likely just a bit of a morbid curiosity.

this is a great bit of writing, and sums up my feelings exactly. well done.

I had tickets for the Voodoo Lounge tour but had to sell them as I wound up having to leave for out of state college that week.

I wasn't really disappointed back then, and I don't regret it today, either.

I saw them once. It was on the tour with the stage that moved from one end of the arena to the other. The nosebleed seat I had was expensive, but I loved the show.

I don't need to see them again, though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As Headache mentioned, Jagger is a force unto himself on stage. Even at an age approaching Methuselah territory he is a bundle of energy. Gimme Shelter with Lisa Fischer is one of those seminal moments in live rock n roll that all should see once.

Back
Top Bottom