Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night was freaking amazing. I didn't think it would be possible to top either show I saw last year, but last night was so so so so much more insane. Something like 3 hours and 25 minutes or something ridiculous.....he broke the curfew for the stadium by half an hour (I think its more of a venue staff curfew than a noise curfew)

Both of my parents are shattered for not going, since BITUSA is their favourite album. I can't really put into words how good last night was. Bruce even said he was possessed by his 30 year old self! Good to have Little Steven on this tour as well....he and Bruce were hilarious during Glory Days making faces. I'm still hoping he plays Atlantic City tonight, its been played a couple of times in Australia already, but I'm not sure how its going to top last night. But they will!

Highway to Hell (With Eddie Vedder)
Darkness on the Edge of Town (with Eddie Vedder)
Badlands
Seeds
High Hopes
Just Like Fire Would
Jole Blon (Sign request)
Hungry Heart (Sign request :sigh:)

Born in the U.S.A.
Cover Me
Darlington County
Working on the Highway
Downbound Train
I'm on Fire
No Surrender
Bobby Jean
I'm Goin' Down
Glory Days
Dancing in the Dark - Two guys with Cindy wigs got to dance with Cindy and play guitar to finish out the song.
My Hometown

Factory
Shackled and Drawn
The Ghost of Tom Joad
The Rising
Land of Hope and Dreams

Encore:
Heaven's Wall
Born to Run
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Seven Nights to Rock
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Shout
Thunder Road

Bruce, The E Street Band, Tom Morello and Eddie Vedder on the same stage....never thought I would see that in my life.Highway To Hell - Eddie Vedder w/ Bruce Springsteen - 2014-02-15 - Melbourne - [2-Cam/Tweaks] - YouTube :rockon:

I drank tequila with Cindy.

Glad you had a good time man! Hard to believe it could top the ones we saw last year!

Standing in the front zone GA might have something to do with it!

Rocking up late tonight, Dan Sultan and Hunters & Collectors were great...but j don't need to see the same set from them again.

:up: that sounds like it was all kinda of epic and awesome.

Bruce probably has 300k in loose change at home in his couch cushions, doubt he gives a fuck.

He did it again tonight! Earlier start, later finish 3 hours 46 mins according to twitter..I wonder if it's 10k a minute?

Also, we got Born To Run in full tonight...meaning I missed out on Atlantic City (fourth time unlucky) I will survive cause they did play Lost In Then Flood. Absolutely nothing from Magic?! (Or WOAD)

I'm going to make more of an effort to queue next time he comes out...drunk bogans everywhere talked over the top of the lesser known tunes which pissed me off to no end.

But the Bruce and the Band were awesome..and I wish I was going to Sydney.

The sad part? It's midnight and on the other side of a two hour drive home work awaits at 7am :happy:

I'm sure it'll be longer next time Travis! :)

Don't listen to Travis. Bruce played 2 hours and 50 minutes. He was just grumpy because it was the first show that Bruce didn't go over 3 hours in quite some time.

I'm absolutely crushed that you got BITUSA all through. Downbound Train and I'm on Fire are my white whales, with Atlantic City.

I said "like" two hours, and I think you're rounding up anyway. It was raining so the set was cut by several songs. It was a full half hour shorter than the previous night.

I won't deny that it was shorter, that's for sure. First time I saw him, I think where he played less than 30 songs...I'll have to check that Dallas setlist, because that was from the leg before he started on the tear that hasn't ended.

Well, if we'd been at the show on the 7th instead of the one on the 8th, as we'd originally planned, I would've been to two 3hr+ shows :madspit:

Oh shit! I just checked...I've never seen him play more than 30 songs. I guess I was just thinking of him crossing the 30 minute mark. The show we got in Chicago had 27 songs and about 2:45, 2:50...the show in St. Louis was 29 songs and was like 3:30 :lol:. But, I know exactly why that was. He played a 20 minute long version of Mary's Place, Drive All Night and Jungleland at that show.

He played 29 songs in Hershey back in '08 and, ugh, that 20-minute version of Mary's Place was such a drag. Maybe the second or third best concert I've ever been to, but that was far and away the low point.

I loved, loved, loved it at my show. I think it just depends on what Bruce brings to the table that allows those performances to be good or not.

bono man those 2 shows sound awesome

unfortunately i've lost a bunch of concert tix stubss.....

if i can only find a notebook that had all my (up till then) performers and shows i could pin point some of the MSG concerts better and some of the early giant stadium shows..... :huh:
a bit "blurred"

but then again...was lucky enough to see him & ESB in a theater (76/78) 3x's so ....... yeah what aguy & band!

Back
Top Bottom