Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in September 2009 i had the worst flu i've ever had in my live - was on, like, day 8 of missing work... but went to the first of the 5 final Giants Stadium shows because he announced the day before that he was playing Born To Run front to back - and i figured this would be my only time to guarantee hearing Meeting into Jungleland.

it was worth it.

So you opened the final run and I closed it. Good to know the proper assholes were in attendance.

Wonderful stuff.
I am on back to back appearances (not counting the Broadway run) as he played Jungleland on the last show I caught of The River ‘16, a 4 hr tour de force in the swamps of Jersey.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruc...life-stadium-east-rutherford-nj-7bfc0a4c.html

i've gotten Jungleland 4 out of 11 shows. i've gotten lost in the flood twice.

yet i've still yet to hear The River - even though i saw a show on a tour that was literally called The River Tour.

as am i

looking through this? i'm pretty shocked at some of the songs i've only seen once - darkness on the edge of town specifically. i feel like darkness is played a lot - yet somehow i've only seen it once.

11 times - Badlands, Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark, The Rising

9 times - The Promised Land

8 times - Because The Night, Waitin' on a Sunny Day

7 times - Night, Rosalita

6 times - Lonesome Day, No Surrender, She's The One, Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

5 times - American Land, My City of Ruins, Radio Nowhere, Wrecking Ball

4 times - Backstreets, Johnny 99, Jungleland, Kitt's Back, Land of Hope and Dreams, Out in the Street, Prove it All Night, Spirit in the Night, Thunder Road

3 times - American Skin, Brilliant Disguise, Death to My Hometown, Hungry Heart, Incident on 57th Street, Into The Fire, Jersey Girl, Last To Die, Livin' in the Future, Long Walk Home, Mary's Place, Seeds, The E Street Shuffle

2 times - Adam Raised A Cain, Bobby Jean, Cadillac Ranch, Candy's Room, Devil's Arcade, Empty Sky, For You, Girls in Their Summer Clothes, Glory Days, Gypsy Biker, Hard Times Come Again No More, Jack of All Trades, Lost In The Flood, Magic, Outlaw Pete, Raise Your Hand, Reason To Believe, The Ghost of Tom Joad, Two Hearts, We Take Care of Our Own, Working On A Dream

1 time - Apollo Medley, Atlantic City, Blinded by the Light, Born in the USA, Cynthia, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Darlington County, Easy Money, Expressway to Your Heart, Ghosts, Growin' Up, Held Up Without A Gun, I'll See You In My Dreams, I'm A Rocker, Jackson Cage, Kingdom of Days, Last Man Standing, Letter To You, Light of Day, Lucky Town, Man's Job, Meeting Across The River, New York City Serenade, Nightshift, Pink Cadillac, Point Blank, Pretty Flamingo, Ramrod, Rendezvous, Rocky Ground, Seven Nights to Rock, Shackled and Drawn, Sherry Darling, Shout, So Young and in Love, Souls of the Departed, Summertime Blues, The Fuse, The Ties That Bind, The Wrestler, Thundercrack, Tougher Than The Rest, Trapped, Tunnel of Love, We Are Alive, Who'll Stop The Rain, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch), Youngstown

Last edited:
I'm really glad to hear people talk about Meeting Across the River. One of my very, very favourite Bruce songs, what I'd give to hear that into Jungleland live. I think I've seen him four times and gotten Jungleland twice, luckily.

Long Island!
Mary’s Place!
Bobby Jean!
People booking it for a beer during Pay Me My Money Down!

What’s he gonna do for night 2?!

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/bruce-springsteen-on-his-landmark-album-nebraska/#x

They also did an interview segment with Michael J. Fox, what an incredible man he is. I cried through the entire thing. Well worth watching

Anyone going this year should get the old nightly setlist mixups that they always used to do. Bruce said on Sirius that they are approaching this year as if it's a whole new tour.

He looks like he is feeling healthy again. The Las Vegas videos I watched looked great.

Back
Top Bottom