Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc. - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2022, 01:16 PM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:02 AM
There’s no way it was in the $200 price range on average. It certainly wasn’t for me.

phanan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:18 PM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
There’s no way it was in the $200 price range on average. It certainly wasn’t for me.
I think some markets dragged the average down, but the northeast cities were definitely higher. Plus, they have the devious advantage of making that claim before NYC area shows go on sale and drive the average way higher.

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:27 PM   #923
Blue Crack Addict

I love how so many people get the 2,000 plus people ahead of you in the queue, that's probably a made up random thing too.

As far as $200 average price my 18th row behind the stage was $215 before those sinful fees. I read somewhere that the GA face value ticket was $399, how anyone got any for that price I have no idea.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! Let's fucking go!!!

I paid the most money I've ever paid for a concert ticket but I don't care. I'm honestly doing alright financially at the moment, and this is an artist I've loved my entire life and have never seen in concert. And I decided I wanted to actually have a ticket in hand instead of waiting months and constantly checking StubHub and all that shit. Let's go.
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #925
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! Let's fucking go!!!

I paid the most money I've ever paid for a concert ticket but I don't care. I'm honestly doing alright financially at the moment, and this is an artist I've loved my entire life and have never seen in concert. And I decided I wanted to actually have a ticket in hand instead of waiting months and constantly checking StubHub and all that shit. Let's go.
I think you're going to love it, have a great time and take it all in.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:11 PM   #926
45:33

Local Time: 03:02 PM
How have you never seen him live? I've seen him four times.
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:24 PM   #927
New Yorker

The important thing is that the miss is being addressed. Congrats on the ticket grab!
DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:24 PM   #928
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
How have you never seen him live? I've seen him four times.
Ohhhhhhhhh goooooood for you.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:39 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I think you're going to love it, have a great time and take it all in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
The important thing is that the miss is being addressed. Congrats on the ticket grab!
Thanks, I'm excited. I was going back and forth all day and am glad I finally got it done. Definitely something to look forward to. My first instinct is I might get there early and do the whole "Wait in line for good GA seats" thing. Which is also something I've never done. We'll see.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:07 AM   #930
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Quote:
Thanks, I'm excited. I was going back and forth all day and am glad I finally got it done. Definitely something to look forward to. My first instinct is I might get there early and do the whole "Wait in line for good GA seats" thing. Which is also something I've never done. We'll see.
I did GA in Hartford in 2012 and I'm fairly certain this was the policy.

In the past Bruce gave people the option to come get a numbered wristband and then set a time that you have to come back. There were more GA tickets than there were wristbands. The folks who came and got wristband were first in, anyone without goes in after the wristband people.

When everyone comes back they pull a random number and whoever has that number becomes the start of the line. So if 125 was drawn, 125 goes first, 126 second, etc. Numbers 1 through 124 go to the end of the wristband line. Non wristband folks can go in either once the wristbands are in or just go in whenever like everyone else.

I took my sister to her first Bruce show and we made a call before hand that if we got lucky in the lotto we'd go in early and get a good spot, I'd we didn't and were towards the back of the wristbands we'd go back to the bar and go in closer to showtime.

They ended up picking me to '"pull" the number that went first and it was something like 20 or so spots before our numbers, so we stayed. Ended up front row on the left side of the stage.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:21 AM   #931
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhh goooooood for you.
Always better with sound.

Old 07-28-2022, 06:24 AM   #932
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I did GA in Hartford in 2012 and I'm fairly certain this was the policy.

In the past Bruce gave people the option to come get a numbered wristband and then set a time that you have to come back. There were more GA tickets than there were wristbands. The folks who came and got wristband were first in, anyone without goes in after the wristband people.

When everyone comes back they pull a random number and whoever has that number becomes the start of the line. So if 125 was drawn, 125 goes first, 126 second, etc. Numbers 1 through 124 go to the end of the wristband line. Non wristband folks can go in either once the wristbands are in or just go in whenever like everyone else.

I took my sister to her first Bruce show and we made a call before hand that if we got lucky in the lotto we'd go in early and get a good spot, I'd we didn't and were towards the back of the wristbands we'd go back to the bar and go in closer to showtime.

They ended up picking me to '"pull" the number that went first and it was something like 20 or so spots before our numbers, so we stayed. Ended up front row on the left side of the stage.
In the past arena shows he had the whole floor GA and a section at front separated, so the numbered wristband system determined what order you line up and essentially who got in the front section (Similar to the heart and ellipse for U2).
This tour he has reserved seats on the rear two thirds of the floor, so I think the wristband thing might not be part of this tour. Who knows?
Old 07-28-2022, 06:58 AM   #933
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
In the past arena shows he had the whole floor GA and a section at front separated, so the numbered wristband system determined what order you line up and essentially who got in the front section (Similar to the heart and ellipse for U2).

This tour he has reserved seats on the rear two thirds of the floor, so I think the wristband thing might not be part of this tour. Who knows?

Can’t be charging $400+ and expect people to line up. Front pit only is a great experience if you can get it: even in the back of the front, it feels intimate.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #934
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:02 PM
I've only seen Bruce once...but it was on the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour, and therefore without the E-Street Band.
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:21 PM   #935
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I've only seen Bruce once...but it was on the Human Touch/Lucky Town tour, and therefore without the E-Street Band.

Woof
Old 07-28-2022, 12:57 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict

If it was later on in the tour after the band had time to coalesce, it was actually a damn good show.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #937
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
If it was later on in the tour after the band had time to coalesce, it was actually a damn good show.
I saw that tour in Boston and it was very good. Show was right before the end of the NA leg, so band had been together for some time by then.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:02 PM   #938
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Don’t get me wrong, I thought the show was great and I actually like(d) those albums a good deal. I just know it’s not the same as getting the real deal. Of course, one could argue that without Clarence and Danny, no one is getting the real deal ever again.
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #939
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I saw that tour in Boston and it was very good. Show was right before the end of the NA leg, so band had been together for some time by then.

I caught one of the Worcester shows, which was immediately after they came off the long Meadowlands stand, and they were on.

It was also a week before U2 rolled into Foxboro with the Zoo TV tour.

What a great stretch that was.
Old 07-29-2022, 01:32 PM   #940
Blue Crack Addict

I have a GA ticket to Boss Springsteen

Tags
bruce, bruce springsteen, high hopes, springsteen