Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc. - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2022, 07:04 AM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Yes the optics are really shit, and he's doing it just because he can. Other people doing it doesn't justify it, neither does throwing up your hands and saying it's just Ticketmaster because that's bullshit. He will rightfully get lots of criticism for it because of his professed views.

I'm just grateful that I saw him so many times, seats or GA, when I could actually afford it.

MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:39 AM   #862
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
even though i first brought it up - i'll also add that some of this is contractual. you either do it, or you find venues that don't require ticketmaster. that's the problem Pearl Jam ran into.

for those who've gone through the process already - is every seat in the house dynamic or just a select number of rows?

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

I got loge behind the stage for $205? I believe it was (plus insane fees) 18th row I believe it's all a blur today. That was after about 10 or 15 minutes past 10. That's when I got out of the queue, I had 2 thousand plus people in front of me if that's even an accurate thing. I was in the verified fan sale.

At first balcony wasn't dynamic pricing, but it seemed to be dynamic pretty quickly. GA or floor was never available to me at any non dynamic price, I have no idea what the non dynamic price of those was if it ever even existed.

I was trying to get non balcony for any sort of affordable price. I am assuming what I got was non dynamic. I was behind the stage once before for Bruce and I loved it because they played so much to the back. Now maybe they can't turn around as well. He is a grandfather now, pay a grand to see him.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 PM
I had no idea about this dynamic pricing business. I guess I've been lucky getting tickets through artists' websites or directly from venues, and haven't used TM much the last few years. I couldn't even try for tickets in the general because an accident knocked out the internet in my entire city for about 12hrs. I'm going with "wasn't meant to be" on this one, and happy I have seen him so many times over the decades. I'll try again closer to the date but WTF, Bruce?? I'd like to think it's his people and not him but, whatever, it's gross. I feel fortunate to be in possession of tickets for so many other favorite artists' shows coming up the rest of the year.
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #865
Blue Crack Distributor

It's a bad response to a legitimate issue.

In theory it makes sense that the artist, promoter, ticket vendor and venue are getting screwed by the high prices charged by vendors on the secondary market.

Dynamic pricing and verified fan is supposed to combat that - and it does to some extent, but it doesn't prevent all of it and ends up creating this crazy system where the prices skyrocket immediately because everyone is so used to trying to get in on tickets the second they go on sale.

There have been situations with dynamic pricing where if you just have the patience to wait a few hours, few days or sometimes a few months you can get the same tickets that were a few thousand for face value, or on some cases under face value. But for really high demand artists like Bruce it ends up just screwing everyone.

I don't fault them for trying this - and it does technically work exactly as it's supposed to - but the optics around the prices skyrocketing immediately is really bad.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:28 AM   #866
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Just looked at the St. Paul Verified Fan sale. Seeing a lot of the things everyone was talking about, but if one was really intent on going, you could find plenty of options behind the stage for $200+ or even some good lower level seats close to the stage for just at/under $400. That's assuming you were happy to go on your own though. The pricing is all over the place, but at this point, I'm probably leaning on passing and seeing what happens in the coming months. That's just me though.

Haven't seen any GAs yet either, although I imagine those will pop up at the inflated prices in the regular sale, based on what I saw for the other shows.
trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #867
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:43 PM
Highway Patrolman? More like Highway Robbery amirite
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #868
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm trying the "wait until the show is almost here" approach with The Killers concert coming up at the end of August. Don't think it's going to work. The only seats available at face value are in the corners. Everything else is "verified resale," which can be up to four times face value or beyond.

And that's for the Arizona show. A few years ago, my friend and I saw The Killers on the floor in Vegas. We paid standard GA. Everything for sale in Vegas for this year's show is currently "verified resale," and the prices are astronomical.
HeartlandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:46 AM   #869
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, it's kind of a crapshoot depending on how much you want to see them, ticket drops closer to or the day of, and that sort of thing.

That said, I've had really good luck in the past with StubHub for second-hand tickets for shows, so that could also be a potential option for you. I've seen acts like McCartney and the Stones up close for just over half the price of the original ticket, for example. GA tickets could also go down significantly there, depending on who's selling (a fan vs. scalper) and if it's closer to the show.

Oddly enough, I paid TM price for a Killers GA ticket at their Milwaukee show four years ago. When I looked on StubHub in the GA line, just to see what they were going for before, it was just under $30 with fees! That was probably more the exception than not, but it was still interesting to see. I don't even know if it was for lack of interest in the show, as the arena looked packed by the time the show started.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:02 AM   #870
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I always forget about StubHub, so thank you for mentioning it. They've definitely got a few more reasonable options, and like you said, closer to the show those prices are likely to drop.
HeartlandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #871
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
even though i first brought it up - i'll also add that some of this is contractual. you either do it, or you find venues that don't require ticketmaster. that's the problem Pearl Jam ran into.

for those who've gone through the process already - is every seat in the house dynamic or just a select number of rows?
2 points.
1. This is not contractual if the artist doesn't sign off on it.
I'll bring up the example of one Garth Brooks (mentioned this to Mrs. S yesterday), this year for his shows, every ticket was a face of approximately $85.00 with a TM fee of 7 bucks and change (you know kind of how Bruce used to price his shows). Now those were stadiums so I wouldn't expect prices that low for Bruce in arenas, but he could have kept things very reasonable, and he absolutely could have refused to allow both dynamic pricing and Platinum. That's what Brooks did, no dynamic, no platinum, no VIP packages, none of it.

2. Every ticket is subject to dynamic pricing based on Ticketmaster/Live Nation algorithms when set up. Saw someone post a screen shot of a 13th row balcony seat in Boson with a face of $355.00 plus fees bringing it to $436.00, was not a resale, ticket, was a blue dot. Doesn't mean they will all fluctuate, but all are subject to the possibility based on how the algorithm interprets demand. During a Springsteen onsale, you can imagination what the algorithm is interpreting.
Platinum is not everywhere, but it used to be strictly a small percentage of the very best seats, now you find Platinum in balconies and mediocre sections. Its expanded massively in recent years.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
say $250 and $150 for the house, people might’ve been annoyed but most would’ve understood. Bruce just signed a half a billion deal for his catalog rights. The optics are shit.
I would think pricing like that for Bruce in arenas would not get criticized one iota.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:13 PM   #873
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
2 points.
1. This is not contractual if the artist doesn't sign off on it.
I'll bring up the example of one Garth Brooks (mentioned this to Mrs. S yesterday), this year for his shows, every ticket was a face of approximately $85.00 with a TM fee of 7 bucks and change (you know kind of how Bruce used to price his shows). Now those were stadiums so I wouldn't expect prices that low for Bruce in arenas, but he could have kept things very reasonable, and he absolutely could have refused to allow both dynamic pricing and Platinum. That's what Brooks did, no dynamic, no platinum, no VIP packages, none of it.

2. Every ticket is subject to dynamic pricing based on Ticketmaster/Live Nation algorithms when set up. Saw someone post a screen shot of a 13th row balcony seat in Boson with a face of $355.00 plus fees bringing it to $436.00, was not a resale, ticket, was a blue dot. Doesn't mean they will all fluctuate, but all are subject to the possibility based on how the algorithm interprets demand. During a Springsteen onsale, you can imagination what the algorithm is interpreting.
Platinum is not everywhere, but it used to be strictly a small percentage of the very best seats, now you find Platinum in balconies and mediocre sections. Its expanded massively in recent years.

ehhhh you can't really compare a stadium show to an arena show.

in pearl jam's case they opted in to the limited platinum dynamic seating in order to keep the 10c seats cheaper and available. - so it was negotiated in the contract.

not sure what bruce's excuse is here other than that he seems to be cashing in on his last hurrah.

and i can't wait to see the flip out from the 6 remaining interference members when U2 introduces this next year
Old 07-21-2022, 12:27 PM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

U2 will definitely be doing the same thing
Old 07-21-2022, 12:39 PM   #875
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
and i can't wait to see the flip out from the 6 remaining interference members when U2 introduces this next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
U2 will definitely be doing the same thing
But will Larry be on board?
Old 07-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
ehhhh you can't really compare a stadium show to an arena show.
And I did make that point. But Bruce could still have opted to either not do any of it and had face vales that ranged from like $150-250 or even 300 and the backlash would be zero, or he could have done a similar move to PJ and said he'll allow some Platinum and Dynamic, but the trade off being GA has to be sold at a reasonable face value only, could have set up a fan club situation. Something to give the appearance he cares about his core fans.

Brucie boy looks to just be cashing in. Cause after the catalog sale and the Broadway revenue, his coffers are surely bare.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.ticketnews.com/2022/05/h...ticket-prices/

This is a good article re the whole issue
Old 07-21-2022, 01:04 PM   #878
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Hey, everybody I was selected for the so-called verified fan TM presale scam for Denver and was provided an access code only to discover resale tickets starting at $800 and up for mediocre seats were the only thing available the minute I got in, which, granted, wasn't right away. So I waited as I saw tickets kept coming and going and coming again, so then I finally scored a $319 lower level decent seat for a second before it was snatched out of my hands and immediately put on resale for $750.

What a shitshow. I don't even know what tickets were supposed to cost. Maybe $319 was the actual cost for a lower? I could have gotten a nosebleed for $129 or something but if I'm going to drive 6hrs for a show I'm not sitting in the nosebleeds where I can neither see nor hear, due to the terrible acoustics, so I am kinda picky. I guess I'll try again in the general this afternoon but I'm not hopeful.

Hope you all have better luck!

i got verified for Portland ... any advice for people stepping into the fray tomorrow?
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:14 PM   #879
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

i got verified for Portland ... any advice for people stepping into the fray tomorrow?
Refresh 14-13 minutes before the sale starts, not ten minutes before as they claim. The queue usually starts a tad earlier!
Old 07-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict

Rob a bank?

Tags
bruce, bruce springsteen, high hopes, springsteen