Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess they've been doing pretty static setlists so far this tour, threw in Dirty Water in Boston. It was a great show as always, I was just thrilled to see them again. My seat behind the stage was great, a "bargain" at 260 with the robbery fees.

I don't know if Patti has been at any of the shows so far, don't keep up with that but I don't think she has been. Hopefully that's her choice and she is not ill.

she started the tour with the band, left when covid hit everyone, and hasn't been back since.

I know that her Mom is still alive, so I'm sure being exposed to covid is a big concern as far as being able to see her Mom. Bruce's Mom is still alive too, I have read that sadly she has Alzheimer's disease. Also Bruce and Patti have a grandchild now too.

I work in an assisted living, there was a covid outbreak last year and even vaccinated residents ended up in the hospital. Thankfully they all survived.

Be whiter!!! I mean enjoy the show.

fe2f37e1ce07d75e1ab3d11a5ef81cc0b19dff28d5d769303b24eccad0174eb4_5678715.jpg

Wait a minute, you don’t even know what I look like because you’ve never even met me…

… and I don’t know what you look like because you’re always in costume.

Looks like the DC setlist was exactly the same as Boston except for Dirty Water. Guess they've all been exactly the same. ? It does make you miss the days of them doing an obscure song that's on a sign in GA. Not complaining, but that is fun.

I sat next to an older Canadian guy who had made the trip from Ottawa, he and his wife were then going on a cruise out of FL. They were going to try to get Bruins tickets for the next night, hope they did. He said he has been a Bruins fan since he watched Bobby Orr play, said he hates the Montreal Canadiens. In front of him was a young boy, maybe 7 or 8. He had a sign that said it was his first Bruce show and he was having so much fun.

Had great people all around me, and that doesn't always happen. Really bad ones can affect your experience.

Last edited:
the bonus of static setlists is that it's easier to time out bathroom/beer run breaks.

i do hope rotating setlists return by the time they hit europe and then come back to the states for the stadium leg. history would tell you it probably would. his first leg/arena shows have always been more static than his shows later in the tour - but this tour has the most static of all.

in an alternate universe, where covid didn't happen and i didn't wait seven years between shows? perhaps i'd be annoyed by the lack of setlist rotation. but it didn't bother me a bit. it was cathartic - and the set he's chosen to play really works. there's a great flow, and the energy is amazing.

Jungleland at MSG tonight was perfect
Ahhh man you lucky sonofabitch.

The set really has a great flow to it. I do miss the spontaneity, but I'm sure it'll come back as the tour progresses - especially when they hit stadiums.

I mean last time around they literally played a full double album every night before unleashing the fury on the stadium leg, so it's not without precedent.

Can't wait for August at Nats Park. Which - ya know - is also the first day of school and two days after we get back from vacation (not saying where or clerks will accuse me of being bougie) - so my wife is hedging a little. But, uh, yea - I'm not hedging at all lol. This very well be the last go around for Bruce and the E Street Band.

The set really has a great flow to it. I do miss the spontaneity, but I'm sure it'll come back as the tour progresses - especially when they hit stadiums.

I mean last time around they literally played a full double album every night before unleashing the fury on the stadium leg, so it's not without precedent.

Can't wait for August at Nats Park. Which - ya know - is also the first day of school and two days after we get back from vacation (not saying where or clerks will accuse me of being bougie) - so my wife is hedging a little. But, uh, yea - I'm not hedging at all lol. This very well be the last go around for Bruce and the E Street Band.

My wife hates

Bruce
U2
Me

In that order I think.

I am planning on hitting the stadium leg for the variety but believe they’ve got another tour/tour leg in them. I don’t think Bruce wants to stay away and it’s easier to keep the well-oiled machine going than try and pull the start chain when they’re past 76.

One of my favorite ever Bruce concert moments was hearing Meeting Across The River into Jungleland on the reunion tour at MSG back in 2000. Just incredible.

in September 2009 i had the worst flu i've ever had in my live - was on, like, day 8 of missing work... but went to the first of the 5 final Giants Stadium shows because he announced the day before that he was playing Born To Run front to back - and i figured this would be my only time to guarantee hearing Meeting into Jungleland.

it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom