Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For whatever it's worth, another factor about Chicago is the venues. We have a ton of great indie venues, but in my experience the large-scale ones are a huge pain the ass. This is anecdotal I know, but Elton John, whom I love, is coming through here soon, but the logistics of the venue are a huge deterrent for me.

In Chicago, we used to have to drive to Tinley Park for all the big summer shows...and we liked it!

gom_26.jpg

I'm not sure how this has angered you so much, and I tried to explain myself if I came across in a poor manner initially, and I'd like to know what I did wrong so I can try to be a better person in future, but okay man.

I'm not sure how this has angered you so much, and I tried to explain myself if I came across in a poor manner initially, and I'd like to know what I did wrong so I can try to be a better person in future, but okay man.

You're good. I just personally find that question annoying. Don't worry about it. I love you too.

This might not be the greatest analogy, but it reminds me of something I learned a few years back. When a person tells another person they've never seen a particular famous movie (we'll just use Jaws as an example) a common response for the person who has seen Jaws is to say "Oh my god you've never seen Jaws! That's crazy! How is that even possible?!?"

What I learned is that a far better response is to say, "That's cool, you've got something really great to look forward to."

I just don't love saying to somebody "How is it possible you've never seen Springsteen??"

It's extremely possible. And I've had something to look forward to for a long time now. And it's finally happening in February.

And I wasn't always good with that. I actually remember on this very forum a million years ago a bunch of us poked fun at Peef for having never seen Star Wars. At least I think it was Peef.

Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner is making the media rounds to promote his memoir Like a Rolling Stone, and in an interview with Billboard, appears to have let the cat out of the bag about Bruce Springsteen‘s next album.

Asked for his thoughts on current pop and hip-hop music, Wenner said a lot of it was “good” and a lot of it was “trash and trivial,” before adding that he’s “kind of stuck with the music I liked when I was young. Give me the Stones. There’s a new Bruce [Springsteen] record coming out this fall, which is stunning. I’m listening to that.”

Bruce himself also accidentally leaked stadium dates in August at MetLife during a charity auction.

Gave SOI AOTY honors as well, with High Hopes as #2.

The guy has a type… and the type is old white dudes.

I’ll be surprised if he tops Letter To You, unless he has some other unfinished classics like Janie Needs A Shooter or If I Was The Priest.

It would make sense for Bruce to release something before touring. It's been a long damn time since Letter To You.

Time shall tell.

He doesn’t *need *to. He has sold a ton of tickets at exponentially higher prices for arenas. These stadium shows will sell themselves if they’re priced appropriately. So I’m curious what it is he *wants* to release, and if it’ll be ahead of the arena run.

Even if it is…

By the time The River ‘16 stadium shows came around, it wasn’t really The River anymore. And that was fine! Just let me get in the door for under $200 with a seat that isn’t in a different level of the earth’s atmosphere.

He doesn’t *need *to. He has sold a ton of tickets at exponentially higher prices for arenas. These stadium shows will sell themselves if they’re priced appropriately. So I’m curious what it is he *wants* to release, and if it’ll be ahead of the arena run.

Even if it is…

By the time The River ‘16 stadium shows came around, it wasn’t really The River anymore. And that was fine! Just let me get in the door for under $200 with a seat that isn’t in a different level of the earth’s atmosphere.

well sure - of course he doesn't. he doesn't need a reason to tour at all other than that he hasn't toured in a long ass time.

I'd have to go with Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

After that it's Racing in the Street '78 (from The Promise), The E Street Shuffle, My City of Ruins, Valentine's Day, Drive All Night

I still think Born to Run is the perfect song and he'll never top it. I get even more excitement from that song now than I did hearing it when I was a kid and being stunned that a track that good could even exist.

I wasn't actually looking to start a discussion on it haha, I was saying it in the context of the comments about his recent work to just add that it's been really impressive, and the fact that a song from the last five years could be maybe my favourite shows that. Jungleland is probably my favourite, but you're right about Born to Run, which is utterly perfect in every way. They played it at Geelong-Richmond after one of the goals and it got me really up and about.

I'm currently watching the '79 No Nukes concert DVD. My god Clarence is the fucking best. I'm hoping Bruce will still be bringing Jake Clemons out on tour next year.
My sis & I went to that! Great show!

Only some fans were rude calling for "Brooooce" which some performers heard as "Boooo".

And Ah, yes Clarence was "The Man". Fabulous performer!

I have catch up on his last two or three albums. W/o a regular rock radio station in NYC anymore (unless there's one that has popped up that I don't know about!), it's a bit more to keep up. I do listen to WFUV - Fordam U's radio station.

No way could I afford to see him now. My sis might spring for a Tix last minute. We've seen him together w other friends for decades though, it's always been various levels of fantastic!

In fact probably the best "rock week" (alright 8 days a part) was (don't remember which was first) was seeing Bruce & E St AND U2 on two glorious Summer nights at Giants Stadium!

There was one time (Human Touch band) I went and stood outside Shea Stadium to listen. About 1/2 way through someone left and gave me their tix! I got in. I was thrilled!
(it was the infamous concert where NYC police ? didn't give him a protective detail or something like that bc of the "41 Shots" song. Which he did play that night.

Last edited:
I have catch up on his last one, or two albums. W/o a regular rock radio station in NYC anymore (unless there's one that has popped up that I don't know about!), it's a bit more to keep up. I do listen to WFUV - Fordam U's radio station.

No way could I afford to see him now. My sis might spring for a Tix last minute. We've seen him together w other friends for decades though, it's always been various levels of fantastic!

In fact probably the best "rock week" (alright 8 days apart) was (don't remember which was first) was seeing Bruce (and E St)and U2 on two glorious Summer nights at Giants Stadium!

There was one time (Human Touch band) I went and stood outside Shea Stadium to listen. About 1/2 way through someone left and gave me their tix! I got in. I was thrilled!
(it was the infamous concert where NYC police ? didn't give him a protective detail or something like that bc of the "41 Shots" song. Which he did play that night.)

Back
Top Bottom