Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce played enough stadium dates to meet demand last time. I remember plenty of tix being available in NJ for weeks and weeks ahead of the shows.

$350 for nosebleeds at Mohegan. Yeah, not happening.

Oh well. Guess we’ll see what happens the closer we get to the actual shows.

Can't find anything that "inexpensive" now.
$550.00 for behind the stage "Platinum" tix. Yeah, uppers behind stage are "Platinum." What a joke.

In the wake of an ongoing furor over “dynamic pricing” for Bruce Springsteen’s tour, Ticketmaster took the unusual step Sunday afternoon of releasing some statistics about costs and percentages for the dates that went on sale last week. Downplaying the number of controversial “platinum” tickets with variable prices that reached as high as $5,000 apiece on the first day of on-sales, Ticketmaster says those represent only 11.2% of the overall tickets sold.

By the ticketing service’s calculations, that left the other 88.2% of tickets sold at fixed prices that ranged from from $59.50 to $399 before added service fees.

Ticketmaster further says that the average price of all tickets sold so far is $262, with 56% being sold for under $200 face value

https://variety.com/2022/music/news...ringsteen-dynamic-pricing-defends-1235324318/

so finally got my answer on this and it's as i suspected - the majority of tickets were locked in and were sold in the same way that they always were - but at the point where in the past you'd just be locked out and have to go to stubhub to be outraged by the high ticket prices, you instead were able to see the platinum tickets right on ticketmaster and be outraged by the high prices.

it's merely a shift of where to place the outrage. which goes to the crux of the dynamic pricing issue... it solves the issue of the artist and venue and vendors not getting the revenue that the secondary market, but doesn't solve the issue of fans getting hosed.

Assuming Ticketmaster is being completely transparent with the info.

And they say 11.2% of tickets sold were Platinum.
But they should add in the currently unsold tickets, which appear to be 100% platinum. Don't know what percent of the overall that is but would jump the 11.2% at least a bit.

They also don't mention the non-platinum tickets that were affected by dynamic pricing. many sold at "face value" higher than the original listed face value. Saw a screen shot someone posted of a Boston balcony ticket at $355.00 plus $81.25 TM Fee. That is not its "original" face value.

So, they, being Ticketmaster, are still defintely pulling shenanigans

I just don't buy it. I haven't seen a non-platinum ticket on Ticketmaster all year. Either they're hiding them, or I have the worst luck.

Regardless, I'm at a point in my life where I can say I'm done with this shit. If I can get an aftermarket ticket for The Killers, I will. If I can get an aftermarket for Springsteen, I might.

I don't even know what to say about U2. I assume this is going to happen with them as well, and I'm just bracing myself now. So glad I have a fanclub membership that will be put to great use :rolleyes:

If it means anything, for coldplay in DC the nosebleeds were hundreds weeks out and days before since the dumb pricing forced the show to not sell out… loads of $30 tickets from TM were available.

So I suggest everyone keeps watch closer to shows.

Coldplay had $20 tix to this year’s stadium tour to fill in unsold spots throughout the buildings. Your seat assignment was given when you showed up to the box office to collect the tickets, similar to the Stones’ “Lucky Dip” that started appearing on the 50 tour.

Rare to see papering done on Ticketmaster but it’s a fan-friendly approach.

So, I thought I'd try for the Philly show since tickets are sold through the venue.

After 75 minutes at the back of the queue:

"Thank you for your patience. We are experiencing the largest demand for tickets in Philadelphia music history so the queue is taking longer than expected. A limited number of tickets still remain."

:lol::angry:

Over the weekend, in an attempt to quiet things down, Mr. Springsteen’s camp gave Ticketmaster permission to release some numbers. Just 1.3 percent of Ticketmaster users paid more than $1,000 per ticket. Also, 88.2 percent of tickets were “sold at set prices,” according to Ticketmaster, though the remaining 11.8 percent are likely to represent more than 11.8 percent of the revenue per show, owing to their higher face value.

The dynamic & platinum pricing is an easy, Ticketmaster-centric target. Notice how it’s taking attention away from the over **150%** jump in base price for the floor and lower bowl since his last tour.

Bru¢€ $₽ring$t€€n

"Regardless of the commentary about a modest number of tickets costing $1,000 or more, our true average ticket price has been in the mid-$200 range. I believe that in today’s environment, that is a fair price to see someone universally regarded as among the very greatest artists of his generation.”

Bruce Springsteen’s Manager Defends Ticket Prices Amid Backlash

What absolute cunts :|

Even with inflation, that is absurdly high for an "average" ticket to see Bruce Springsteen, or any artist on the planet. I've never had to pay more than $200 to see a show, and our prices have always been like 20%-50% than Americans or Europeans regularly pay. Speaks of greed and nothing else.

With Landau doubling down, Bruce is going to own this late career cash grab like U2 owns the Apple debacle. It may be less of a problem under the hood than it appears with regard to percentage of Dynamic/Platinum tix, but the public doesn’t want to dig that deep and the decision makers either didn’t think things all the way through or, worse, didn’t care.

Well that was a pretty shitty experience. I was able to get in the verified fan pre-sale for Milwaukee. Got in the waiting room 15 minutes early and once the queue opened there were 2000+ ahead of me. I had it in mind that I wanted to just grab a single GA. Everytime I clicked on a GA (priced at $350 mind you) it would say "Another fan has already beaten you to this seat, try again blah blah". When they came back again they were $1200. That's out of my price range.

I could have grabbed a nosebleed seat or something a bit further back but I really wanted to do GA for my first Bruce show. Fuck seats. I'm trying to rock.

Oh well. I'm gonna try the public sale in a few hours and see what happens. Or maybe try to snag a GA somehow closer to the show. I don't know.

Last edited:
There’s no way it was in the $200 price range on average. It certainly wasn’t for me.

I think some markets dragged the average down, but the northeast cities were definitely higher. Plus, they have the devious advantage of making that claim before NYC area shows go on sale and drive the average way higher.

I love how so many people get the 2,000 plus people ahead of you in the queue, that's probably a made up random thing too.

As far as $200 average price my 18th row behind the stage was $215 before those sinful fees. I read somewhere that the GA face value ticket was $399, how anyone got any for that price I have no idea.

I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! Let's fucking go!!!

I paid the most money I've ever paid for a concert ticket but I don't care. I'm honestly doing alright financially at the moment, and this is an artist I've loved my entire life and have never seen in concert. And I decided I wanted to actually have a ticket in hand instead of waiting months and constantly checking StubHub and all that shit. Let's go.

I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! I got a GA ticket for Kansas City! Let's fucking go!!!

I paid the most money I've ever paid for a concert ticket but I don't care. I'm honestly doing alright financially at the moment, and this is an artist I've loved my entire life and have never seen in concert. And I decided I wanted to actually have a ticket in hand instead of waiting months and constantly checking StubHub and all that shit. Let's go.

I think you're going to love it, have a great time and take it all in.

The important thing is that the miss is being addressed. Congrats on the ticket grab!

I think you're going to love it, have a great time and take it all in.

The important thing is that the miss is being addressed. Congrats on the ticket grab!

Thanks, I'm excited. I was going back and forth all day and am glad I finally got it done. Definitely something to look forward to. My first instinct is I might get there early and do the whole "Wait in line for good GA seats" thing. Which is also something I've never done. We'll see.

Thanks, I'm excited. I was going back and forth all day and am glad I finally got it done. Definitely something to look forward to. My first instinct is I might get there early and do the whole "Wait in line for good GA seats" thing. Which is also something I've never done. We'll see.
I did GA in Hartford in 2012 and I'm fairly certain this was the policy.

In the past Bruce gave people the option to come get a numbered wristband and then set a time that you have to come back. There were more GA tickets than there were wristbands. The folks who came and got wristband were first in, anyone without goes in after the wristband people.

When everyone comes back they pull a random number and whoever has that number becomes the start of the line. So if 125 was drawn, 125 goes first, 126 second, etc. Numbers 1 through 124 go to the end of the wristband line. Non wristband folks can go in either once the wristbands are in or just go in whenever like everyone else.

I took my sister to her first Bruce show and we made a call before hand that if we got lucky in the lotto we'd go in early and get a good spot, I'd we didn't and were towards the back of the wristbands we'd go back to the bar and go in closer to showtime.

They ended up picking me to '"pull" the number that went first and it was something like 20 or so spots before our numbers, so we stayed. Ended up front row on the left side of the stage.

Back
Top Bottom