Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at the ticket price discussions online and it's... yeah.

Might still try for a ticket tomorrow. But even though I made the Verified Fan thing, I'm not getting my hopes up. Either for getting one or being happy with the final price.

Hey, everybody :wave: I was selected for the so-called verified fan TM presale scam for Denver and was provided an access code only to discover resale tickets starting at $800 and up for mediocre seats were the only thing available the minute I got in, which, granted, wasn't right away. So I waited as I saw tickets kept coming and going and coming again, so then I finally scored a $319 lower level decent seat for a second before it was snatched out of my hands and immediately put on resale for $750. :angry:

What a shitshow. I don't even know what tickets were supposed to cost. Maybe $319 was the actual cost for a lower? I could have gotten a nosebleed for $129 or something but if I'm going to drive 6hrs for a show I'm not sitting in the nosebleeds where I can neither see nor hear, due to the terrible acoustics, so I am kinda picky. I guess I'll try again in the general this afternoon but I'm not hopeful.

Hope you all have better luck!

Thanks for the heads up on everything! That seems to be in line with a lot of what I'm reading online. Or people just paying a bit more than they expected... which happens, of course, but it seems like the prices and options are a bit all over the place here.

When I saw them on "The River" tour, I didn't buy my ticket until closer to the show. Looks like that could be an option here, assuming there's even a remote chance of thing settling down before then? Maybe the day of if I go through StubHub (as I'd be seeing them just a few miles away anyway), but who knows?

I got selected for Mohegan. We’ll see how Friday goes.
I got selected for Milwaukee. Don't really know what to expect. I'll be there as soon as it opens and see how lucky I get. Just gunning for a single ticket. I have a number of friends who are Boss fans but I don't think I want to buy the full 4 tickets. $$$$

The high prices during the verified fan and regular sale were not resale, they were "dynamic pricing''. A ticket can be a lower price and it just goes up and up during the sale as long as it remains unsold.

That is the new TM way that the artists know about and approve, just another way to screw over fans. Soon every popular artist will do it that way.

Yep. Dynamic pricing and Platinum tickets have essentially made scalping the sole and "legal" domain of Live Nation/Ticketmaster, with approval from the artist. Even Pearl Jam who famously battled Ticketmaster succumbed to it this year and were stupid enough to rename Platinum as "PJ Premium" for their shows...Yeah that makes it better...not. Talk about tone deaf.

The consumer is getting reamed.

Pearl Jam is kinda the gold standard for fanclub tix and costs. (Radiohead does a pretty good job and WASTE is free). It looked like a pretty limited number of tix in the venue versus what was up for 10c and general sale. Hell, even the general sale was limited; PJ seems to negotiate pretty hard for their fanclub allotment.

I’d much rather have a few rows of platinum tix to subsidize the rest of the house than the whole arena going to “market value” PLUS Dynamic Pricing and Platinum options.

There were a lot more than a few rows of PJ Premium at the spring shows. And they were reserved seats that previously would have been 10 club seats, and fan club members got punted further back.

There were a lot more than a few rows of PJ Premium at the spring shows. And they were reserved seats that previously would have been 10 club seats, and fan club members got punted further back.

Spring shows being new ones or rescheduled ones? I’m only familiar with the stuff that has been sold and on hold since 2020

Yep. Dynamic pricing and Platinum tickets have essentially made scalping the sole and "legal" domain of Live Nation/Ticketmaster, with approval from the artist. Even Pearl Jam who famously battled Ticketmaster succumbed to it this year and were stupid enough to rename Platinum as "PJ Premium" for their shows...Yeah that makes it better...not. Talk about tone deaf.

The consumer is getting reamed.

I’m literally going to Scotland in August and wanted to see Coldplay while there but was not willing to lay £175 per ticket for nosebleeds. Fake ass pricing. Ticketmaster needs to rot in hell.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bruce-springteen-ticketmaster-ticket-prices-rise-thousands-dynamic-pricing-1235321657/

Jokes abounded on social media amid the flames. “I assume when Bruce shouts ‘Is anyone alive out there?’ on the next tour,” wrote @clevenbrown on Twitter, “it will be more of a medical check-in on those who had to sell a kidney to be able to afford tickets.” Wrote another fan, “Let’s see, I can pay my mortgage for two months or I can buy a Tampa GA,” as she attached a shot of a Verified Fan platinum offer to buy a standing-room ticket for $1,350 plus fees. (That would have been a relative bargain compared to the $2,147 base price another screenshot showed the same GA ticket going for in Boston.)

Even John Eddie, a singer-songwriter who used to run in the same New Jersey circles as Springsteen, had some fun with it: “Elon Musk was going to buy Twitter but then he decided to buy a pair of Bruce tickets instead.”

Is every seat dynamic or just a few of them like during the Pearl Jam fiasco?

The one thing about dynamic pricing is that shows that have a lot of it typically have inventory left over after the initial on sale, and the prices aren't as heart attack inducing because there aren't millions trying at the same time.

That doesn't always work out that way though (which kind of proves the point if the tickets actually sell at those absurd prices).

But with someone like Bruce? Yea we know you CAN pull that kind of cash, but SHOULD you be doing it?

Bruce has been charging under market value for years. There was a minor hubbub when he moved to tiered pricing in the 2016 River tour ($150 plus fees, oh noes!1!). Broadway was Bruce in a sub-1k person room, and it’s Broadway, so the premium pricing was an understood thing.

This time around feels different, and as Headache put it, it’s just because he can. You could argue that they’re just taking the market value for the tix and paying the band/crew accordingly. But there wasn’t an issue paying all these people with lower ticket prices earlier. At a kick up from River ‘16, say $250 and $150 for the house, people might’ve been annoyed but most would’ve understood. Bruce just signed a half a billion deal for his catalog rights. The optics are shit.

Yes the optics are really shit, and he's doing it just because he can. Other people doing it doesn't justify it, neither does throwing up your hands and saying it's just Ticketmaster because that's bullshit. He will rightfully get lots of criticism for it because of his professed views.

I'm just grateful that I saw him so many times, seats or GA, when I could actually afford it.

even though i first brought it up - i'll also add that some of this is contractual. you either do it, or you find venues that don't require ticketmaster. that's the problem Pearl Jam ran into.

for those who've gone through the process already - is every seat in the house dynamic or just a select number of rows?

I got loge behind the stage for $205? I believe it was (plus insane fees) 18th row I believe it's all a blur today. That was after about 10 or 15 minutes past 10. That's when I got out of the queue, I had 2 thousand plus people in front of me if that's even an accurate thing. I was in the verified fan sale.

At first balcony wasn't dynamic pricing, but it seemed to be dynamic pretty quickly. GA or floor was never available to me at any non dynamic price, I have no idea what the non dynamic price of those was if it ever even existed.

I was trying to get non balcony for any sort of affordable price. I am assuming what I got was non dynamic. I was behind the stage once before for Bruce and I loved it because they played so much to the back. Now maybe they can't turn around as well. He is a grandfather now, pay a grand to see him.

Last edited:
I had no idea about this dynamic pricing business. I guess I've been lucky getting tickets through artists' websites or directly from venues, and haven't used TM much the last few years. I couldn't even try for tickets in the general because an accident knocked out the internet in my entire city for about 12hrs. I'm going with "wasn't meant to be" on this one, and happy I have seen him so many times over the decades. I'll try again closer to the date but WTF, Bruce?? I'd like to think it's his people and not him but, whatever, it's gross. I feel fortunate to be in possession of tickets for so many other favorite artists' shows coming up the rest of the year.

It's a bad response to a legitimate issue.

In theory it makes sense that the artist, promoter, ticket vendor and venue are getting screwed by the high prices charged by vendors on the secondary market.

Dynamic pricing and verified fan is supposed to combat that - and it does to some extent, but it doesn't prevent all of it and ends up creating this crazy system where the prices skyrocket immediately because everyone is so used to trying to get in on tickets the second they go on sale.

There have been situations with dynamic pricing where if you just have the patience to wait a few hours, few days or sometimes a few months you can get the same tickets that were a few thousand for face value, or on some cases under face value. But for really high demand artists like Bruce it ends up just screwing everyone.

I don't fault them for trying this - and it does technically work exactly as it's supposed to - but the optics around the prices skyrocketing immediately is really bad.

Just looked at the St. Paul Verified Fan sale. Seeing a lot of the things everyone was talking about, but if one was really intent on going, you could find plenty of options behind the stage for $200+ or even some good lower level seats close to the stage for just at/under $400. That's assuming you were happy to go on your own though. The pricing is all over the place, but at this point, I'm probably leaning on passing and seeing what happens in the coming months. That's just me though.

Haven't seen any GAs yet either, although I imagine those will pop up at the inflated prices in the regular sale, based on what I saw for the other shows.

Last edited:
I'm trying the "wait until the show is almost here" approach with The Killers concert coming up at the end of August. Don't think it's going to work. The only seats available at face value are in the corners. Everything else is "verified resale," which can be up to four times face value or beyond.

And that's for the Arizona show. A few years ago, my friend and I saw The Killers on the floor in Vegas. We paid standard GA. Everything for sale in Vegas for this year's show is currently "verified resale," and the prices are astronomical.

Yeah, it's kind of a crapshoot depending on how much you want to see them, ticket drops closer to or the day of, and that sort of thing.

That said, I've had really good luck in the past with StubHub for second-hand tickets for shows, so that could also be a potential option for you. I've seen acts like McCartney and the Stones up close for just over half the price of the original ticket, for example. GA tickets could also go down significantly there, depending on who's selling (a fan vs. scalper) and if it's closer to the show.

Oddly enough, I paid TM price for a Killers GA ticket at their Milwaukee show four years ago. When I looked on StubHub in the GA line, just to see what they were going for before, it was just under $30 with fees! That was probably more the exception than not, but it was still interesting to see. I don't even know if it was for lack of interest in the show, as the arena looked packed by the time the show started.

I always forget about StubHub, so thank you for mentioning it. They've definitely got a few more reasonable options, and like you said, closer to the show those prices are likely to drop.

Back
Top Bottom