Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that, and agree with Martha because I too like the rising.

Not too many. And not Let's Be Friends, which I will defend by myself to the death.

Personally, I think Further On Up The Road is pretty generic, like what an A.I. would spit out if you asked it to create a Springsteen song. I feel like I've heard it before many times over. And I can appreciate him doing something different with The Fuse, but I don't think it works. The rest of the tracks all have something good to offer, so I'd probably leave it at 13 tracks.

Also, My City Of Ruins is prob in my Bruce Top 10.

"Come on rise up, Laz. Come on rise up." -lance's mom?

But seriously, My City of Ruins is one of those songs I forget exists until I listen to it, and then think holy shit why don't I listen to this song more often?

Hell yeah, the Rising.

And speaking to our less obvious favorites from that one, ho boy "Worlds Apart"

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

You know, I really like The Rising. A lot. I think it's right up there with Darkness on my Bruce favorites list.

I love it, too. A lot.

Yes! We got Lonesome Day as well.

We got both songs in Portland. I love Lonesome Day so much a wave of emotion washed over me hearing so many people singing "it's alright."

Psst martha:
I'm in LA at AWP (writers conference and huge book fair). It's free on Saturday, come have lunch with me.

Last edited:
Great guy, I'm sure most of his fans that bought tickets do not support this and they bought tickets before this bill passed. Why punish them??
Why not take the money he would make and donate it to a NC LBBT rights group?
Fuck his working class fans over and grand stand your way across social media, fucking posser.

Polls are showing that a majority of North Carolinians believe repealing the bill would be a more positive reflection on the state than keeping it.

Bruce is making a state and country-wide difference with this move. Who cares about a night out for 10,000 people when there's an entire state to consider? This bill is already hurting their economy with multiple businesses refusing to work with them.

I'm in the middle of a quite strong IPA, but those dickheads that elected the dickheads that passed this stupid law need to think about what they did. Legislatures don't exist in a vacuum; they are elected. They need to keep this in mind next time they vote (or don't vote), the dickheads.

Anyway, Bruce's audiences haven't been "working class" for at least a decade (or more).

I think I caught all the typos.

It's like someone took a knife edgy and dull and Jesus Christ the boss is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Great guy, I'm sure most of his fans that bought tickets do not support this and they bought tickets before this bill passed. Why punish them??
Fuck his working class fans over and grand stand your way across social media, fucking posser.

save your outrage for ronda rousey, you sound like even more of a moron here.

Lolz working class fans.

Back
Top Bottom