Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked this whole playing the river in its entirety thing a lot until I remembered that's what album hungry heart is on.

I would rather Bruce do karaoke Hungry Heart than U2 do karaoke One. There's no mystique or historical importance to Hungry Heart, so mailing it in is whatever.

Am I the only one here who loves Hungry Heart?

Kind of lame that people would call that song out and not have a problem with the cheesy synth of Dancing In The Dark, which is even more disposable. Or Glory Days, which isn't much better.

I like it. The verse lyrics are a class in efficient storytelling.

"We fell in love, I knew it had to end" is a great line.

Can someone help me out here. How much is a GA Floor ticket? Ticketmaster is running slow as hell right now. Thanks.

Kind of lame that people would call that song out and not have a problem with the cheesy synth of Dancing In The Dark, which is even more disposable. Or Glory Days, which isn't much better.

I love the studio version, and it just can't be matched in a live setting, for whatever reason.

Dancing In The Dark, on the other hand, sounds great live, with the guitars more prominent.

Absolutely not. One of the best pop songs Bruce ever wrote. Instantly memorable hook that's great to sing along to.

And it's not like the song has no substance at all. The opening verse is a kickass introduction to a story:

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going

Then there's this very simple but plaintive little verse, which ties in well with the opening lines:

Everybody needs a place to rest
Everybody wants to have a home
Don't make no difference what nobody says
Ain't nobody like to be alone

Dunno why he chose to speed up the vocal on the studio version though. Very odd choice there, but I guess it works. Gives the song a youthful delivery.

Last edited:
Fuuuuuuuuck really? That's rough.

Hartford now has listed prices, while not specifying locations yet, the XL ticket site lists 3 specific prices (as opposed to the range that Ticketmaster lists), $72, $109 and $154. They also note that 8 sections of lowers (102-105 and 114-117) are paperless entry. That gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe only those sections are top price level and hopefully GA are the second price, $109.
We'll know for sure tomorrow.

and with that, my christmas shopping is done in 5 somewhat stressful minutes. :hyper:

douchebag seats in hartford for myself, my brother, and my mom. :up: merry christmas to all of us.

(section 105 on the chart, which were $150 tix, making these now the most expensive concert tickets i've ever purchased especially since the XL center is total bullshit charging that 22 fee charge for each ticket. what assholes)

Last edited:
Fucking Ticketmaster. Been trying to get tickets for Sunrise/Fort Lauderdale and it doesn't even take me to a waiting room. I doubt it's sold out, but I'm sure the scalpers are having a field day.

Back
Top Bottom