Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Carry on.

I'm so sad I didn't get to see him this tour, but it sounds like everyone's having a super awesome time at the very least. I'm with you Shari, Milwaukee please :'(

Glad you had a great time, it is hard not to at a Bruuuuuuce, E-Street concert.
Also good news about your friend's medical emergency

Thanks, shari! :wave:

Been a serious Bruce/ E Street fan since 1976 when me, my sis, and 1 of the several friends involved in the medical emergencies went to see him/them for the first time at the Academy of Music/Paladium (which ever one it was, at the time <same thearter> :D) on 14th near Union Sq in Manhattan and.......

:shifty:

........became raving fans :hyper: :love: :drool: within about 3 o4 songs at the beginning of that show, and ever since then!
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and they opened with "Night" that night!

You can be sure short of a terrible thunder storm (or < life forbid!!!> some terrible thing happening to me or persons I care about) at the start of their shows at Giants Stadium ($$ issues), I'll be OUTSIDE listening for at least one show. It's worth it to spend the 10$ or so by train/bus to even "just" hear them from outside. :D

Or to be on the postitive side if something like incredibly wonderful & time sensitive like someone sending me on a vaction at that time to, say, <omg> the Bahamas/ Puerto Rico I'd go there instead.

I did stand outside for their Shea in Oct shows ? '03, after having seen them in the summer at GS. :happy:

I'm sorry :( you couldn't see them- b212

Oh that's ok, I got to see them twice last tour, and I mean, honestly, the St. Louis gig was worth it all.

stadiumbanner.jpg

:drool:

brandon flowers is the guy from the killers, right? good thing i figured this out before clicking on that. :yikes:

had 100 levels for saturday night (the last of the 3 shows at giants stadium, i.e. the last show ever at giants stadium) but ticketmaster freaked out durring the submit section and the tickets were lost... ended up with 300 levels for wednesday night (i.e. the first night).

bummer, but oh well... will at least get to see bruce at giants stadium one last time... and there's plenty of time to try and get tickets for saturday off of backstreets.

had 100 levels for saturday night (the last of the 3 shows at giants stadium, i.e. the last show ever at giants stadium) but ticketmaster freaked out durring the submit section and the tickets were lost... ended up with 300 levels for wednesday night (i.e. the first night).

bummer, but oh well... will at least get to see bruce at giants stadium one last time... and there's plenty of time to try and get tickets for saturday off of backstreets.

They just announced two more shows so Saturday isn't the last night...October 8 and 9 (which will REALLY be the last show) go on sale at noon on Monday. I did get a decent lower in Sec 113 for Saturday, undecided if I will try for the 9th or just stick with what I have.

oh man, that performance of Thunder Road was just great. Maybe didn't sound the best, but aww, Brandon looked so happy. It's obvious the guy loves Springsteen, and I think it's cool he got a chance to sing with him on such a song. He looked like a kid at Christmas up there or something, with that cheesy grin on his face the whole time :lol:

Er...uh...anwayss....

Springsteen survivor would be tight. I'd fight for Thunder Road like a mama lion fights for her cubs.

i would nominate you ashley :yes: i only own the two albums anyway, though i'll probably download a couple more...

it would be such an open contest, no definitive winner surely. i'd be backing either born to run or jungleland.

Wait, you want to do a Springsteen survivor and you only have two albums? That seems kind of strange. How many have you heard? The guy has 15 of 'dem studio albums.

Word.

The Who wouldn't be a bad one to do I suppose, despite the fact that they haven't made a good album in literally 34 years.

Word.

The Who wouldn't be a bad one to do I suppose, despite the fact that they haven't made a good album in literally 34 years.

They've only made 5 albums in the last 34 years though. They're on a better streak than the Stones, easily.

oh man, that performance of Thunder Road was just great. Maybe didn't sound the best, but aww, Brandon looked so happy. It's obvious the guy loves Springsteen, and I think it's cool he got a chance to sing with him on such a song. He looked like a kid at Christmas up there or something, with that cheesy grin on his face the whole time :lol:

Er...uh...anwayss....

I was at that fantastic gig and I got the same impression. He was super nervous and he didn't know where to walk or stand, so he was just chasing after bruce all the time LOL!
Here's a very nice vid of WOAD from that day:
YouTube - Bruce Springsteen, Working on a dream

Everyone was in a party mood, and the sunset created a relaxed and romantic atmosphere. I think I'm on fire was brilliant! :drool:
Ok, 4 weeks, and the party goes on...

Word.

I'd really, really like to do it. I mean if we can justify a Led Zep and REM survivor I think we can do a Who one. We could probably figure a way of bypassing some of their last three decade's work

I was at that fantastic gig and I got the same impression. He was super nervous and he didn't know where to walk or stand, so he was just chasing after bruce all the time LOL!
Here's a very nice vid of WOAD from that day:
YouTube - Bruce Springsteen, Working on a dream

Everyone was in a party mood, and the sunset created a relaxed and romantic atmosphere. I think I'm on fire was brilliant! :drool:
Ok, 4 weeks, and the party goes on...

Great to hear you enjoyed it! :up: I wish I could have been there.

But Munich and Vienna will be very soon, and after that it's almost immediately U2.

I'm starting to get into decent physical condition for the concerts right now.
I cannot wait, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom