Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the rum talking.
Fuck yeah!!! Where'd you get it? That's my fav Bruce song ever. I need to copy your every move to get my own.

XD :love:

Half Priced Books. They had another copy, but there was a tiny chip in it :(.

I can always hit up ebay, but it's more fun to find gems like that locally. I'll keep looking. Glad you got yours :)

That's why I'm so excited. I was trying very hard to resist buying it on ebay. I caved with the tuf single, and I only slightly regret it, because I just don't think I ever would've FOUND the tuf single.

Well, well, well...

September 28, 2009

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND TO PERFORM FULL ALBUM SEQUENCES DURING GIANTS STADIUM RUN

'BORN TO RUN,' 'DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN,' 'BORN IN THE USA' EACH TO BE PERFORMED IN THEIR ENTIRETY

In response to the overwhelming fan enthusiasm at Chicago's Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band live performance of the album 'Born to Run,' Springsteen has decided to perform one classic album each night at Giants Stadium:

Sep 30 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium 'Born To Run'
Oct 2 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium
'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
Oct 3 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium 'Born In The USA'
Oct 8 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium 'Born To Run'
Oct 9 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium 'Born In The USA'

In Chicago, Bruce began with a varied set list, performed the album portion of the show in the middle of the concert, and continued the show through its grand finale. Said long time manager Jon Landau, "Chicago convinced us that this was really worth doing. The audience was so supportive of the concept that it convinced us to go ahead with this at Giants Stadium."

Chicago Tribune's Greg Kot called that city's performance "epic," continuing, "they delivered and then some."

Shore Fire - Home

I have a Born in the USA night. I just discovered how long it's been since I've listened to Born in the USA as I just realized I don't have the CD! (EDIT: I do have the vinyl from when it first came out) Guess I need to brush up quick... :laugh:

A Born In The USA night would be quite fun, I'd think.

Of course, hearing Darkness all the way through would be killer.

Which night was Headache going to? I believe every show he's gone to, he's missed Thunder Road, so here's hoping he gets a Born To Run show.

I was full of heartbreak when he played "I'm On Fire" the night BEFORE I saw him last year, so, having a guaranteed play would be nice.

Come to think of it, God, I'd love to hear "Working on the Highway", "Bitusa", "Darlington County", and "Downbound Train" a whole hell of a lot as well :hmm:. OH! And "My Hometown". :jealous:

It was announced a good while ago that Bruce was gonna be performing BTR in it entirety in Chicago! I bet he keeps this trend going for the remaining tour dates, he could do the Darkness album, to draw attention to the soon to be released box set, or he could do BITUSA to celebrate its 25th anniversary, I bet he is gonna do some full album performances at the Giants Stadium dates!

SNAP! I knew it brilliant!!! the gigs are gonna be incredible, I really thought they would do The River one of the nights tho, didn't Stevie say that would be the album he would be most interested in playing live in its entirety along with B-sides, ah well hopefully they play it on the later dates!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

A Born In The USA night would be quite fun, I'd think.

Of course, hearing Darkness all the way through would be killer.

Which night was Headache going to? I believe every show he's gone to, he's missed Thunder Road, so here's hoping he gets a Born To Run show.

i've missed thunder road and meeting across the river into jungleland every time i've gone...

and i'm going tonight with a born to run show :hyper::hi5:

sick as a mofo but i'm not missing this.

fuckin sweet! that headache got that show, i haven't listened to the song yet.

September 30, 2009
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Giants Stadium

Wrecking Ball
Seeds
Johnny 99
Atlantic City
Outlaw Pete
Hungry Heart
Working On A Dream
Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She's The One
Meeting Across The River (trumpet solo: Curt Ramm)
Jungleland
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Into The Fire
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Badlands
No Surrender
Raise Your Hand
E Street Shuffle
Growing Up
American Land (with Willie Nile)
Dancin' In The Dark (with Willie Nile)
Hard Times (with Willie Nile)
Rosalita

great set... couldn't enjoy it as much as i would have liked to 'cause i was and still am sick as a dog, and it probably wasn't a good idea to go sit in the cold for 4 hours, but great way to go out at giants stadium none the less.

there was no break... he went for about 3:15 to 3:30 straight. when they usually do the whole encore thing, they took their bows and then bruce just went "it's too cold to take a break" and they kept going. had a nice long story about a dream he had about his birthday during Growin' Up.... bruce took a lap through the middle of the stadium during Sunny Day...

the new song was pretty cool... they put the "words" up on the screen so the crowd could sing along... giving away a secret while they were at it... it's obvious that they patched Bruce's teleprompter feed into the screen. as the song was ending, the words "Badlands" and the key the song was in came up onto the screen... now they went into Seeds next, but a look at the handwritten set from brucespringsteen.net shows that Badlands was supposed to be next.

knew for a while that bruce used a teleprompter... and i don't really blame him, but it did give away the secret for anyone who may have been holding out hope that he can remember all this shit in his head.

I went to last night's show...Fantastic! - in the top 3 Bruce shows for me, and tops in energy and flow. Very much a Saturday night party! And Bruce CROWD SURFED all the way across the pit - for real, not fake like Bono :wink: - at 60! Gotta hand it to him... Some videos I took last night (from Sec 113...):

Hungry Heart (crowd surfing!):

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band - Hungry Heart @ Giants Stadium 10/3/09

Downbound Train and I'm On Fire:

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band - Downbound Train & I'm on Fire @ Giants Stadium 10/3/09

Two more in next message...

Enjoy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom