Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, Shari, thank you so much.

I wondered if this would work because of Bruce's raspy vocals, and boy does it ever (save of course for the part where he forgets the lyrics? or whatever that melt down was :giggle: )

Has anyone ever had seats behind the stage? I was pulling up some nice side views yesterday but didn't grab one. Now all I'm getting are lowers, behind the stage.

I know what martha will say about this (Bruce butt :drool: ;) )...

Edit: Scored myself a side view seat for tomorrow. :hyper:

I don't think I'd be going at all if he was going to do Born in the USA :wink:

:lol:

I ended up getting a side seat, but the view will be enjoyed, no worries there. :drool:

I'm also on the Big Man's side, which is a first for me. When I've had the floor I usually gravitate towards Stevie's side :shifty: and aside from the Seeger Session show where I had 3rd row (Stevie's side, again) I had a nosebleeder for the Vote for Change show.

So excited :hyper:

Bruce is a better frontman than Bono. The funny thing is, up until last night it's always a matter of, I forget that because I see Bruce in off U2 years. This time, having seen both within a couple of months, it's clear Bruce is the man. Awesome show last night - even though he did a Bono move when he called us Ohio. :wink:

Bruce is a better frontman than Bono. The funny thing is, up until last night it's always a matter of, I forget that because I see Bruce in off U2 years. This time, having seen both within a couple of months, it's clear Bruce is the man. Awesome show last night - even though he did a Bono move when he called us Ohio. :wink:

Awesome. :up:

What a massive fail.

FAIL.

It is.

I don't post over on Backstreets much, but there's been this fascinating thread about the Darkness box. It started innocently enough with someone just posting what he wished the box would consist of, but it blossomed into a full blown, meaningful conversation (for the most part), primarily fueled by one poster who has been getting some inside information from someone personally involved with it.

It's an insightful read - of course, it's up to 160 pages now, but still...

BTX • Login

EDIT: I just realized you have to be logged in to access it.

I'll check it out later tonight when I'm bored out of my gourd, no one is posting here, and I need something to entertain and/or enthrall me. :wink:

:applaud::heart::sad::ohmy::lol::love::love::love:

Yep that covers the range of emotions I felt tonight at the concert. Really, words escape me right now.

Oh and I touched sweaty Springsteen shirt as he came by during Higher & Higher :combust:

The Ohio thing was bizarre, because while he was doing that he still called it Detroit, and made a reference to The Pistons and whatnot. The band threw a wet sponge at him, and oddly enough, that was the only water break I saw him take the entire night! Hell, I was parched during the show, and I wasn't screaming nearly as much as he was.

It was spectacular. They closed the night with a Jackie Wilson cover, which happened to be one of my all-time favorite songs (I didn't realize he was from Detroit/Ohio!)

I don't know if this is typical, but there was a point during the set when he collected signs from the GA of song requests. Then later in the set he went through them and they'd play the song. It was funny because there was a gorgeous sign someone made for Pink Cadillac(sp?), and he saw it, the camera focused on it, but he clearly avoided it.

Oh by the way, I know this goes without saying, but I just thought I'd emphasize that Max Weinburg is fucking brilliant!

What an incredible way to finish!!!! :cute:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GREETINGS FROM BUFFALO, NY
A week from tonight, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. during their November 22 concert in Buffalo, NY, the final date of their 2009 Working on a Dream tour. Released in January, 1973, Greetings marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. With this performance, Bruce and the band will have played every E Street Band album through 1984 during their fall tour.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- November 15, 2009[/FONT]

What an incredible way to finish!!!! :cute:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GREETINGS FROM BUFFALO, NY
A week from tonight, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. during their November 22 concert in Buffalo, NY, the final date of their 2009 Working on a Dream tour. Released in January, 1973, Greetings marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. With this performance, Bruce and the band will have played every E Street Band album through 1984 during their fall tour.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- November 15, 2009[/FONT]

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Can't friggin wait!

Yup, gonna be incredible!!!! I'm so annoyed I couldn't make it over to any of these gigs :sad:, It does kinda make it feel like the end tho, :sad:, I mean finishing where it all started. Its gonna be a very sad day when BRUCE and The Mighty E Street Band stop touring!!! There is no band out there that even comes close to what they can do in a live show!!! I hope its not the end!!! :pray:

That Ohio thing was hilarious-they should put it on a teleprompter. Or he could hire me to go on the road with him and remind him where he is. We could study, with flash cards :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom