Spoon - New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sure hope that's not you on the left with the crooked hat.

Because that guy needs a cockpunch.

It's not. If I ever run into him, I'll dole out some Texahn justice.

deputy.jpg

They're a band I really need to listen to more. Both them and The Shins are bands I've got several albums for, but haven't paid enough attention to. I definitely prefer Spoon to the The Shins, but I haven't listened to either enough.

It's amazing how much the Shins have fallen out of favor with me over the years.

Your loss.

Actually, the fact that Vampire Weekend is such a ubiquitous representative of indie rock is our collective loss.

Meh, all 3 bands were talking about here are pop bands. None of them may presently be on major labels, but I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 don't end up there at some point in their career. I can't get too worked up by any of it, as it's all just throw away fun 3 minute songs any way.

But you have to admit that Ezra Koenig has the most eminently punchable face of the three frontmen.

Meh, all 3 bands were talking about here are pop bands. None of them may presently be on major labels, but I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 don't end up there at some point in their career. I can't get too worked up by any of it, as it's all just throw away fun 3 minute songs any way.

yeppers.

Is Imps still the only person who's seen them on this tour? If so, what did you think? They're here next week, still haven't purchased ticketos.

Thoughts: it was a Spoon show, more or less the same as the other times I've seen them. They're a cohesive, enjoyable live act, if unspectacular. If the price is right, there's no reason not to go, but I wouldn't be wild about dropping more than $30 on a ticket. It won't be your #1 show of the year, but you'll still have fun. New material sounds pretty good live.

New album may be out June 10th, possibly titled R.I.P., if their cryptic Facebook page is to be believed. Hope it's better than Transference, which was just so-so for me. The two snippets on their website sound good.

Must have been the R.I.P. they were referring to. I'm glad the band is still alive.

Good track, too.

Last edited:

It's good. It's very Spoon - meaning if you like the band you're probably going to enjoy it, and if you don't it's not going to change your mind.

The song I'm looking forward to the most is Knock Knock Knock. They played snippets in the NPR interview, and a live version was debuted at the Governor's Ball in NY which was aired and rebroadcast several times this past weekend on Sirius XMU.

Back
Top Bottom