Spin's 300 best albums of the past 30 years (1985-2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I think 808s is a more cohesive work than Graduation. I like Graduation more because Flashing Lights is on it, but 808s deserves more credit for its sequencing. If it weren't for See You in My Nightmares and Pinocchio Story, I would absolutely rank it above Graduation.

I mean, cohesion only counts for so much.

Graduation would be the next on the list, but its peaks are considerably higher.

Slanted and Enchanted at #10? Come on you Spin motherfuckers, the only thing worthwhile on that album is "In The Mouth A Desert".

What a horrible list.

:huh:

Summer Babe, Trigger Cut, Here, Zurich Is Stained...

For starters. Loretta's Scars and Two States are two other standouts.

While S&E is probably my least favorite Pavement album, to deny its importance or placement on a list like this...no.

Maybe I need to go back and listen to MBDTF :hmm: While I enjoyed a lot about the record, I also remember it sounding kinda... bloated?? I dunno, but some of the tracks seemed to overstay their welcome lol :drunk:

My favorite Kanye album is still Late Registration (including Gold Digger) :up:

urrgghhhh now I want to do a whole list but that will take ageeeeees.

probably Destroyer's Kaputt, with MBDTF and Trouble Will Find Me close behind. Bon Iver, Bon Iver as well. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few

Well shit, now I feel like I should really check out The National (I know they get a lot of love around here, but for whatever reason I just never sought the group out) :hmm:

My favorite of the decade? Not sure... but I do know that I'm a little upset w/ Spin's lack of Waltz for Koop :angry: I guess it's just one of those instances where an album plays such a strong role in one's life that the person expects numerous others to equally be affected by it... but alas, that is not the case. It happens :cheer:

Kinda surprised Achtung Baby, which was #1 on their 1985-2010 list, fell so much.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I looked through my older magazines collection and found this issue. It's shocking how the tides have turned so quickly towards U2. Personally, the 1985-2010 list was better.

Back
Top Bottom