Spears' "Circus" Released in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horizon40

The Fly
Jive Press Release: CD Title "Circus," First Single "Womanizer"

Jive/Zomba recording artist Britney Spears announces her sixth studio album, Circus, set for release December 2nd. The first single from the album is titled "Womanizer" and was produced by the up-and-coming Atlanta production team The Outsyders. The album release date coincides with Spears' 27th birthday.

First Single "Womanizer" Is Slated To Hit Radio On September 22nd.

On the heels of an MTV VMA awards sweep, where Britney walked away with three Moonmen awards for "Video of the Year," "Best Female" and "Best Pop Video" for "Piece of Me," Jive Records is preparing her latest album, Circus, a follow-up to her critically well received album, Blackout. For her latest effort, Britney has enlisted a stellar group of established producers/writers that include Dr. Luke (who wrote and produced the album's title track, "Circus"), Danja, Max Martin, Bloodshy & Avant and Guy Sigsworth (Madonna, Alanis Morissette, Bjork).

Britney Spears is one of the top-selling artists of the last decade, and to date, she has sold in excess of 70 million albums worldwide that include Baby One More Time (1999), Oops!...I Did It Again (2000), Britney (2001), In The Zone (2003), and Blackout (2007), eight #1 worldwide singles and four consecutive #1 albums.

The Zomba Label Group consists of record labels Jive, LaFace, Volcano, Verity, GospoCentric and Fo Yo Soul.

I know but I have to draw the line somewhere... You are going to see Huey Lewis and the News though :hmm: I'll have to see what the committee says...

I already saw them...and we left our reserved seats to rush down to the stage and fight our way to the front as close as we could get. :wink:

A 40-Second LQ clip of 'Womanizer' leaked. You can't get much from the clip, but according to my Top 40 Station, it's a disco-pop track with heavy synth and a lot of bass; 'like Toxic on acid'. Jive has removed it from most websites, but it'll be out officially on Monday, same as The Killers' new song "Human". Britney is supposedly going to perform the song in November on the American Music Awards. She's done them twice before, according to my YouTube search. 99% of my appreciation for Britney comes from her live performances. She's a true entertainer.

YouTube - Britney spears AMA 2002

YouTube - Britney Spears at A.M.A. 16/11/03 M.A.T.M

New single "Womanizer" released today.

LISTEN: Britney's New Song Hits the Radio - Britney Spears, Music News : People.com

Video shot this week, as well:

Britney Spears is getting back to work in a big way. On Wednesday, the pop star – incognito in a black wig and red lipstick – filmed the video for her upcoming single, "Womanizer," and will continue shooting Thursday, sources tell PEOPLE.

Filming took place Wednesday at Elevate Lounge, a club located within Takami Sushi & Robata restaurant on the 21st floor of an office building in downtown L.A., says a source. In the video, directed by Joseph Kahn (who worked with Spears on "Toxic" and "Stronger"), she plays a waitress.

Dancers arrived at the shoot Wednesday morning dressed in waiter uniforms of white dress shirts, skinny ties, and black pants or leggings.

"Womanizer," the first single off Spears’ upcoming album Circus will hit radio soon, says a source, and Spears will start practicing live performances next month.

britney-spears-baby-one-more-time.jpg

Back
Top Bottom