So what was the worst song of 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouch. really? maybe i can just borrow the riff from some u2 song, loop it behind my incredibly annoying and unintelligible lyrics with some drum machine beats and cash in. :hmm: maybe joe strummer is spinning in his grave, maybe he isn't. i still think it's the worst song i've heard in my life. i knew it was 07 from the other thread, but didn't about the umbrella one. so okay, i agree with the kissed a girl song, anything nickelhack put out, as well as linkin park.

Then you could truly be a bonafide hustla makin' your name.

Linkin Park's "Shadow Of The Day" is a WOWY rip-off. But I love the guitar solo.

So I give the song a bit of a pass.

Why does it seem like so many here are hating on "Use Somebody"? Okay, so it may not be your cup of tea, but, really, how can you possibly rank it as "worst song of 2008"?

I must be missing something (and don't say good music taste!) :madwife:

Because it's pap and it illustrates the continuing decent into utter mediocrity of a band which did few things right in the first place.

Why does it seem like so many here are hating on "Use Somebody"? Okay, so it may not be your cup of tea, but, really, how can you possibly rank it as "worst song of 2008"?

I must be missing something (and don't say good music taste!) :madwife:

The vocals are whingy and absolutely woeful, like nails on a blackboard. The lyrics are garbage. The whole main theme/whatever, 'I know that I could use somebody' is pathetic, the guitar 'solos' are cliched and weak... I could go on and on and on. That song has completely put me off Kings of Leon forever, I'd never even consider going to see them live because of that song. Utter fucking crap.

That was more unintentionally funny than anything.

win :love:

hook line sinker
game set match...

Back
Top Bottom