Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it possible to read spoilers on the Android app? Because I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Is it possible to read spoilers on the Android app? Because I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

It's weird on iPhone, too. "Spoiler" doesn't look like something that you can click on so it took me awhile to figure out you can, and then it takes you to another screen where you can read it. Maybe it's similar for the droid?

But it wasn't a serious spoiler. I just spoiler videos because sometimes they annoy people when scrolling through. So it was just this, an exceptional version I thought, from 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHK4JCdV0a8

And now you've annoyed them even more by posting it twice. :wink:

It is a great version. The added singing at the end really makes the song.

New album Kveikur out June 17.

01 Brennisteinn
02 Hrafntinna
03 Isjaki
04 Yfirbord
05 Stormur
06 Kveikur
07 Rafstraumur
08 Bláprádur
09 Var

kveikur.jpg

Here is Brennisteinn. Pretty heavy.

Sigur Rós - Brennisteinn - YouTube

Nice surprise. I thought they were aiming for an autumn release. Judging by the other three tracks I heard live, Brennistein is a pretty good indication of how this album will sound.

I like it.

Brennisteinn is one hell of a song. I like how it combines both the power and the beauty that Sigur Ros are known for.

Looks like we're in for quite a treat in just a few short weeks, joyful. :combust:

EXCITING! Loved the song on first listen.

After spending some more time with Valtari, I just don't like it nearly as much as the others, save for one or two songs (Varud is wonderfully gorgeous).

So far these new tunes SLAY. Hopefully this will be bangin' antidote to the positively soporific Valtari (I be on my SAT verbal shit).

Seeing them in a few hours!!!

Sister and I have acquired tickets to the Madison Square Garden show tonight. Sister doesn't know their music too well so she's in for it, and since I happen to be in town it would be a missed opportunity not to take her.

So, an embarrassment of SR riches. I won't give any spoilers, HG!

That's fantastic that you're seeing them at MSG! The band themselves are billing it as the biggest show of their career. What kind of seats do you have?

And yes, yes, keep me in the dark! Although I'm sure no amount of information could detract from what I'm about to experience for the first time just a couple weeks from now. :hyper:

AMAZING show last night.

Setlist
Yfirborð
Ný Batterí
Vaka
Hrafntinna
Sæglópur
Fljótavík
E-bow
Varúð
Hoppípolla
Með Blóðnasir
Olsen Olsen
Brennisteinn
Encore:
Popplagið

Some dude near me got the setlist, which included Festival and Glosoli which were not played. I REALLY wanted to hear Glosoli, all I could think was 'why do they hate us?' :( Jonsi was visibly upset about some sound problem during the show, so I'm guessing that's why those songs were cut. Show was about an hour and 40 minutes long and I think they usually play 2 hours (or at least they did when I saw them last summer)

I believe the new single is available to buy now on iTunes (hopefully Amazon soon, as I have free credits there). Looks like this is the single cover:

483844_10151559209549124_1229136689_n.jpg

EDIT: People who went to (bollox) and are going to shows in the near future (Joyful, HG, etc), supposedly tickets come with a download for some sort of free EP with new songs. Based on Facebook, people can't figure out how to download it yet. Must not be available at the moment. If you have extra codes on the other tickets.....

Downloaded fine for me from the link Ticketmaster sent me. And it came with a guest download if you want it.

Downloaded fine for me from the link Ticketmaster sent me. And it came with a guest download if you want it.

please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

Thanks a ton to Imps. For anyone interested, this is the tracklist of the EP (it contains two songs not on the album):

Brennisteinn
Hryggjarsúla
Ofbirta

Really good seats, HG! So excited to be here.

Mofo - I got a code the other morning but haven't tried to download yet.

Who is the opening band, anybody? They're on, no clue who I'm listening to.

Ha ha, I do like Tim Hecker. And am I the only one who liked Valtari? I think a little restraint suits these gentlemen well.

I think most of us liked it, but found it less memorable than their albums since Von. I included it in my year end list, but probably couldn't tell you a single song title at this point...

I adore Valtari. It's so lush. Perfect for late night listening. Last October I was on Catalina Island and would listen to Valtari while I sat in the lifeguard chair on an empty beach at night, looking across the ocean to Los Angeles and then looking up at the stars. :love:

Just checked my other unused e-mail account and gladly found the download code. Sweet!

We get Oneohtrix Point Never as our opener in a couple weeks. I'm gonna go nuts as I loved Replica, but my dad's reaction should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom