Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Posted this in the other place as well. Look at me, 2 posts in one day!!

Got this email today:

Dear Elfa,

Bono's memoir, 'SURRENDER', will be published on 1 November 2022.

The subtitle, '40 Songs, One Story,' is a nod to the book's 40 chapters, each named after a U2 song.

Preorder a hardcover copy and receive a limited-edition 5x7 photo print of U2.

Offer available to Canada based U2.com subscribers only, in partnership with a third party bookseller.

This offer is valid until Sept 24 or while stocks last.

Preorder your copy here.

Best Wishes

The U2.Com Team

(Offer available to Canada based U2.com subscribers only, in partnership with a third party bookseller. Offer valid until Sept 24 or while stocks last. )

giphy.gif

The guitar solo in "Another Time, Another Place" is absolutely exhilarating. Why did I not notice this in my 20+ years of being a die hard U2 fan. Fuck.

Funny you guys are talking about this. Been spinning early U2 more and more lately. "Like A Song" came on in the car and I totally forgot how great that song is!

Listening to October on cream vinyl while I work today and I know this is a wildly unpopular opinion among U2 fans, but Is That All? might be my favorite song on this album. The guitar on the chorus is one of my favorite simple Edge riffs.

I've always liked Is That All.

I think it's pretty special to have such visceral song, borne out of pure frustration and time pressure, be committed to record forever.

The guitar solo in "Another Time, Another Place" is absolutely exhilarating. Why did I not notice this in my 20+ years of being a die hard U2 fan. Fuck.

My favourite song from Boy precisely because of that solo.

And I do like Is That All? for the reasons Cobbler mentioned.

Like a Song is one of their best songs from that era in general.

My favourite song from Boy precisely because of that solo.

And I do like Is That All? for the reasons Cobbler mentioned.

Like a Song is one of their best songs from that era in general.

All 3 great songs. Though my favorite from October is Rejoice.

I wish modern day Edge would get some inspiration form early 80's Edge on some guitar playing.

Back
Top Bottom