Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6-13 for me, but I seem to be the lone person here who loves The Showman and thinks it should have been a single. One of the catchiest things they've done in a while and self-deprecating in an unforced way (unlike Stand Up Comedy).

not putting out The Showman out with an associated video that pokes fun at the iTunes release and Bono smashing his head into the Central Park pavement is a gynormous missed opportunity.

not putting out The Showman out with an associated video that pokes fun at the iTunes release and Bono smashing his head into the Central Park pavement is a gynormous missed opportunity.

Would’ve garnered too much good will. Better to have a first single’s music video about NYC (again).

That one's from Laz. The only one that has made me actually laugh.

eb267_news_110.jpg

Maybe "Lady with the cheese and bread" matches the cadence a bit better. Then again I'm an amateur with this.

i talk a lot of shit about this stupid band but then i occasionally come across something like this that reminds me why they've been basically the only thing other than my parents that i've loved since i was 14 years old :heart:

Last edited:
that entire documentary is phenomenal and it really pisses me off that you can't find it on streaming anywhere.

you'd have to think that a big ole streaming deal for all of their content is coming with somebody soon... apple tv, netflix - it's a blown opportunity for a band that's usually on top of shit like this.

Make sure to watch the extended cut and not the shorter one that came with the AB super deluxe set. :angry:

I had to acquire that...elsewhere.

Don’t forget that the Super Deluxe was standard DVD even though they released a blu-ray version. Because reasons.

I know the band likes to pretend that it doesn't exist, but I would love to see more "From The Vault" material from Pop. It's time for the band to embrace this part of their history and stop caring about the fact that they didn't have a hit or that the US first leg didn't go as well as they had liked. It's such a cool album/tour to ignore.

Elevation (PopTart Mix)
Beautiful Day
rotating acoustic spot: IALW/SFS
Vertigo (with COBL snippet)
GOYB
The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
rotating electric spot: Stand Up Comedy/ Crazy Tonight
GOOYOW
American Soul
Stuck, acoustic: Edge sings on stage, Bono onscreen as Calloway via motion capture from inside the Fruit Basket (a modern fusing of the PopMart Lemon and the IE/EI Barricage)

Encore:
Rise Above
YSSML
(exit to We Are The People over the PA)

"We are very sorry to inform you the Achtung Baby Cannibal Screenprint is not available at this time, and has been cancelled from your order. We will issue a refund for the items we were unable to fulfill. Please allow a few business days for the credit to process back to the original form of payment. Any additional items on the order that are available will be sent out as soon as possible."

:|

Back
Top Bottom