shuttlecock XXIV: it's the little swings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the tour thread, if I get word this happens in Melbourne, I'm going to personally go down there and rip into them. Fucking entitled, unempathetic, rich arseholes.

this makes me so freaking mad. the sense of entitlement is overflowing with these people. not to mention i don't get how someone can afford all this? even if you're only going to the auckland shows, the tickets, flight, hotel for A FULL WEEK, some sort of transport, food...that's really expensive.

add in the fact that this is for the jt tour, i don't get why some north american superfan wants to shell out thousands of dollars and waste over a week's vacation time when half the set is going to be shit they've already heard dozens of times on tour (because let's be honest, if you can afford this you probably saw them like 25 times on the tour two years ago). i'm really hoping the stadium kicks these guys out and doesn't allow queuing more than like 24 hours before the show or something more reasonable.

How do you go all the way to NZ and spend your days around a line (even if they are not actually in line) instead of traveling around one of the most beautiful places on earth? How close minded do you have to be?

I wonder if it would make sense to call the venue to complain before the show. Or have people tried that already?

How do you go all the way to NZ and spend your days around a line (even if they are not actually in line) instead of traveling around one of the most beautiful places on earth? How close minded do you have to be?

That's also what's baffling to me. I will be going to the Japan shows next month, but will be traveling the country until the day before the first show. It's my first (only?) time visiting Japan so I want to enjoy it as much as possible. The shows were a nice trigger to finally make this trip.

Yeah I'm planning to get there around the time Noel starts, not staring at concrete for 12 hours when I could be doing some actual exploring of a country I've never been to.

I detest them with the fire of the Eye of Sauron.

I went to the July MSG show last year and spent the day taking in the city... and I lived there for most of my life. I can't possibly imagine traveling 20+ hours to a country I've never been and spending days at a time waiting in line to get 5 to 10 feet closer than I would if I didn't wait.

It's the definition of insanity.

The waiting in line thing is fun in some cases. Like tailgating. Kinda only worthwhile for stadium shows. No real desire to do it more than once per stadium tour.

So fucking amused the line weirdos made it into the New Zealand media.

You can easily get a decent spot arriving as Noel starts (7pm).

The 2018 Berlin concert will air on TV at the end of the month, followed by a home video release:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/experience_of_innocence_filming_the_show

This is the one U2 product I am looking forward to these days since I actually attended this show. The article includes a summary of notes from camera operators during the filming. Check out this one:

“Get Out of Your Own Way” incudes an interesting note, “Include crowd in your shots where you can if they’re animated, it’ll help as this isn’t their strongest song.”

Hahaha.

The 2018 Berlin concert will air on TV at the end of the month, followed by a home video release:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/experience_of_innocence_filming_the_show

This is the one U2 product I am looking forward to these days since I actually attended this show. The article includes a summary of notes from camera operators during the filming. Check out this one:

Hahaha.

Wow. It’s nice to be vindicated.

I still think anyone who likes this song has a screw loose.

Are we assuming the band got this feedback?

Also, isn’t 75 minutes shorter than the usual home releases? Seems like more tracks than usual are going to be cut, one of them better not be Wild Horses.

It says both the 75 minute and 60 minute versions are edits for television broadcast, not what will be released.

It also lists Wild Horses as one of the songs they got additional rehearsal footage of to get angles they couldn't get during the live show with audience, so I think it's safe.

As I said in the tour thread, if I get word this happens in Melbourne, I'm going to personally go down there and rip into them. Fucking entitled, unempathetic, rich arseholes.

Please do.

If they are North American or European, even worse - they’ve been getting tours that we don’t even get and endless shows that they can access quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom