shuttlecock XXIV: it's the little swings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they fucking finally play Heartland... in the middle of the desert, for nobody.

Been dating someone and it’s going well. We are still new.. but we like sharing music with each other. Going to have the talk though. She’s super open minded so I hope she takes it well when I tell her one of my favorite bands since I was in high school is U2...

So U2 has been doing screenings of commercially released stuff. Vertigo from Chicago is this Saturday. Which makes me wonder why they just won’t drop something that was filmed but never released like other bands have been doing during these Covid times? This band sometimes.

I don't mind the viewings... I just don't know why they don't keep them up, release them digitally, and/or release them on Netflix.

But yes, it would be good if they'd release some other things. We know they filmed at Capital One Arena on e/i... what's the harm in cutting it up and releasing it?

I’ll still always go back to how U2 crossed their arms and refused to let Harmonix use U2 songs in Rock Band until Rock Band was no longer relevant.

U2 content will be on Netflix the day Netflix makes out like Blockbuster.

So U2 has been doing screenings of commercially released stuff. Vertigo from Chicago is this Saturday. Which makes me wonder why they just won’t drop something that was filmed but never released like other bands have been doing during these Covid times? This band sometimes.

This was my first U2 show.

I’ve been in this weird phase lately where I randomly have the urge to listen to U2 tracks that I’ve never really cared for. Tonight was American Soul. I went through a Wild Honey kick for a week. 2020, man.

Oh and speaking of Vertigo Live in Chicago, which is the better Bono line in a concert film?

“Fuck The Revolution”

or

“I have a frog in my throat “

Discuss

I've always liked Wild Honey. American Soul, on the other hand, is an abomination.

What are U2's five worst songs?

1. Get Out of Your Own Way
2. American Soul
3. You're the Best Thing About Me
4. Get on Your Boots
5. The Miracle

I've always liked Wild Honey. American Soul, on the other hand, is an abomination.

What are U2's five worst songs?

1. Get Out of Your Own Way
2. American Soul
3. You're the Best Thing About Me
4. Get on Your Boots
5. The Miracle

Stand Up Comedy us far worse than any of those tracks.

I listened to NLOTH the other day. Gosh it’s such a cool start. I even forgive Unknown Caller because I love my MacBook. But I actually found myself becoming irate during SUC. Crazy and Boots I could stomach... kind of, but it’s like the back wanted to triple down on everything wrong they did to the middle of the album with that song and gave a giant middle finger to the organic songwriting and atmosphere they created in the beginning of the album.

Unknown Caller is their worst IMO. I can't believe no one asked/forced him to reconsider those lyrics. Get Out is up there with Grace as their most forgettable track.

Sorry for the random thoughts tonight, but one nice thing about this pandemic is that it’s no longer considered weird when I wear my Aung San Suu Kyi mask wherever I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom